• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remarkably complete’ 3.8-million-year-old cranium of human ancestor discovered in Ethiopia

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Do you realize that a single earbone can classify an animal as a mammal? Those three earbones are very specific to mammals.

I have no problem with creatures being classified as mammals because human babies drink milk like a lot of other creatures who feed their babies milk.....I have a problem with claiming that an ear bone in a four legged land animal means it was the ancestor of a whale because it is similar looking. That is conjecture based on the flimsiest of 'evidence'.

You can ridicule the information that can be obtained by sometimes small objects, but that is simply a form of denial.

I am not in denial because I demand more proof than science can produce. Just because you believe everything they tell you, doesn't mean I have to. When you are schooled in the sciences, it is a form of indoctrination when you accept things without solid proof. That is the very thing evolutionists criticize in ID supporters.

Yes, we can tell how different species are related by looking at their bones. I really hope that isn't a surprise.

Not surprising at all.....but looking at their bones and assuming relationship is a bit like comparing the foundations and structure of several buildings. Doesn't their similarity simply mean that they were designed by a trained architect and a trained engineer and that their plans are based on sound building and engineering codes and the correct materials? All that "similarity" means to me is that the bone structure of vertebrates is similar because the basic code is sound and they all have one very intelligent Creator......its not necessarily because one kind of creature evolved into another. That is pure supposition. Having similar DNA doesn't mean anything either because the same principle applies. All living things are made out of the same basic materials. DNA codes might vary, but each creature has its own code and when reproduction occurs the information passed on in their code ensures that the offspring are of the same "kind" as its parents.

The fascinating thing about apes is their similarity to humans, but the similarity ends when it comes to differentiating the two. Humans are unique in how they use their intelligence and how they can use their concepts of past present and future to plan and to build. Animals are programmed by instinct, which means that they behave in a way that requires no planning....no conscious analysis of a situation beyond the here and now. Humans are not instinctual in their behavior....what they do is unique to them.

Primitive people have always existed, even in the modern world you can still find people who live primitive lives basically untouched by modern technology.....

images
images

That does not mean that all humans were once primitive, half man-half ape as is suggested in evolutionary artwork....

images
images
images

....that is another assumption.

Creatures cannot cross taxonomic lines.....this has never been observed. So when did taxonomy form into identifiable classifications and who placed them into their families and clades? Wasn't it scientists who used these classifications to imply an evolutionary relationship?

dad

Undefeated
Yet another piece of the puzzle discovered. It keeps getting more complete.

Researchers have discovered a "remarkably complete" cranium of a human ancestor dating back 3.8 million years.

The fossil, known as MRD-VP-1/1, was found in Feburary 2016 at the Woranso-Mille paleontological site in the Afar region in northern Ethiopia, and paleoanthropologists and geologists have been conducting an extensive analysis on it ever since, according to a news release from the Cleveland Museum of Natural History.

‘Remarkably complete’ 3.8-million-year-old cranium of human ancestor discovered in Ethiopia
What is it about this skull that makes you think it was human related?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Did you know that to get subduction you need water?
And subduction creates granite for continents?
Your understanding is very flawed. That is why you need to find a reliable source.

Yes, water would have existed on the surface of the Earth once it cooled down. But that does not make the Earth "wet". And since the Earth was formed with water in it, and much of that water was already in it and is still in it, that does not make the Earth "wet" either. Your desperate source may be conflating the fact that the Earth has water in it with being wet.

Here is a serious question. Is drywall wet?

dad

Undefeated
It shows The Face for the first time. It's similar to "Lucy" but different species.
It's a hominin, a very early one. Not an "ape" and not a "human."
So if it is, by your own admission not a human, what makes it a human!? It seems we are dealing with heavily religious speculation.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Creatures cannot cross taxonomic lines.....this has never been observed.
Nor has it ever been claimed, Deeje.

How many times do I have to tell you? After all this time, why do you not understand this simple fact? I'll try and state it once more to you:

Evolutionary theory does not claim that creatures "cross taxonomic lines". What it ACTUALLY claims is that creatures PRODUCE VARIATION WITHIN THEIR TAXA.

dad

Undefeated

How many times do I have to tell you? After all this time, why do you not understand this simple fact? I'll try and state it once more to you:

Evolutionary theory does not claim that creatures "cross taxonomic lines". What it ACTUALLY claims is that creatures PRODUCE VARIATION WITHIN THEIR TAXA.
Use big letters all you like, it is hogwash. (when talking about origins of man and life on earth)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Or as I like to point out:

Change of kind is a creationist strawman. It is also an attempt at shifting the burden of proof. By claiming that they need to prove that there is such a thing as "created kinds" to start with.

dad

Undefeated
Or as I like to point out:

Change of kind is a creationist strawman. It is also an attempt at shifting the burden of proof. By claiming that they need to prove that there is such a thing as "created kinds" to start with.
False. If creation happened science would be clueless...as is the case.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Try posting honest intellectual discussion rather than excrement.
dad, you are projecting your sins upon others again. We both know that you are the one with the problem in the honesty department.

And even though you have no clue as to what is and what is not evidence I will still help you to understand the concept.

dad

Undefeated
dad, you are projecting your sins upon others again. We both know that you are the one with the problem in the honesty department.

And even though you have no clue as to what is and what is not evidence I will still help you to understand the concept.
Why take several sentences to say nothing?