• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious Survey ~ PLEASE REPLY!!!

I'm just going to showcase my ignorance- how is something like this adware? Is it used for garnering email addies, or what? I think I'd like to respond via this thread, because it might help me to get to know the beliefs of others better, though.

All responses are accepted, whether posted on the forum or sent to [email protected].

It would be greatly appreciated if you could send at least a copy of your response via email. It is a lot less time consuming to have all the information in one place. Especially since I have spent the last hour cut n' pasting 33 responses to email for that purpose. Thank you!

Sarah @ [email protected]

[email protected] is not regular email...it's gmail...email will not send it.

Gmail accepts most emails. It is a free account, like hotmail or yahoo. It is much easier to use and to navigate through archived emails, and has tons of space. Everything I need for this study. No, I'm not an advertiser for gmail, it's the best program I have found. It saves EVERYTHING, unless you specify otherwise. Which is exactly what I need to conduct a study with as much feedback as this one. Which is why I ask again for you to send a copy of your responses to the email address listed. THANK YOU!! :bow:

Sarah @ [email protected]

The only one I know about was called by Constantine to define the nature of Jesus and decide on the final line up of the Bible. It caused alot of problems in that it told some of the people that were already Christian that their beliefs were wrong and you can imagine ...

The original Council of Nicea was the first ecumenical conference of bishops of the Catholic Church, and most significantly resulted in the first uniform Christian doctrine, called the Nicene Creed, which ultimately after the final ecumenical conference became the Bible. It's original intent was to create statements of belief and canon (texts) of doctrinal orthodoxy and define a unity of beliefs for the whole of Christendom. And in doing so, bring peace to a country divided by religious war.

It did cause a lot of problems, because as with any religion there are conflicting beliefs. One side over ruled the others, and a lot of the doctrines were cast out and even burned.

Sarah @ religioussurvey @ Gmail.com

Too much and too mannnnnnnnny questions.

You are correct. Too many questions. This was realized shortly after posting on this forum. The survey was minimized and some of the questions were moved to other surveys that may be posted in the future.

I have also started a myspace page, to reach more people. The shorter survey is posted there. You can search myspace for the page by using the email address below.

Thanks!

Sarah @ religioussurvey@gmail .com

Bishka

Veteran Member
You are correct. Too many questions. This was realized shortly after posting on this forum. The survey was minimized and some of the questions were moved to other surveys that may be posted in the future.

I have also started a myspace page, to reach more people. The shorter survey is posted there. You can search myspace for the page by using the email address below.

Thanks!

Sarah @ religioussurvey@gmail .com

We've given you the answers here, most of us are a bit wary about answering to email addresses.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
1. What should we call you? You may call me Cal, but don't call me too late for dinner.
2. How old are you? Old enough to know how, but young enough to...aw hell...49.
3. Where are your from? I am a US citizen, born and raised (mostly) within same.
4. What religion were you raised? None, but I had exposure to Methodism as a child.
5. What religion are you now? None.
6. If you are NOT the same religion as when you were raised, why did you choose to change? N/A
7. Do you believe in a god/gods? Nope.
8. If so, who? N/A
9. If not, why? I find no compelling evidence to accept such claim as likely, or most probably true beyond reasonable doubt.
10. What are your thoughts on Creationism? I think "Creationism" [of one sort or another] is expressed in every theistic belief. Being an atheist, I consider claims of supernaturalistic cause/effect as viable explanations to be utter bunk.
11. What are your thoughts on Evolution? I think it's the most evidentially sustained and inescapably obvious scientific explanation of our natural world available today.
12. How do you think we got here? "We" are the consequential result of evolution. I "got here" compliments of my biological parents.
13. What kinds of rituals/ceremonies do you have in your religion? N/A
14. Why do you perform these? N/A
15. How do you talk to your god/gods? N/A
16. To you, what is the difference between religion and spirituality? Not much...but I'd offer that "spiritual" people tend to be more introspectively thoughtful, and less concerned with rote recitals of dogma or insistent testimonies of personal faith than "religious" people.
17. Going by how you defined Spirituality, are you spiritual? Nope. But I do think about things just the same. ;-)
18. What are your spiritual beliefs? N/A
19. Do you feel you have to be in a center of worship to commune with your god? N/A
20. Do you have a text that you consider holy or sacred that you base your life and principles by? Nope, but Sagan has articulated a good deal of my personal perspectives quite nicely...
21. Do you feel that you succeed in doing so? N/A
22. What are your thoughts on Heaven? A dream is a wish your heart makes...
23. What do you think we have to do to go there? Individual religions define their own preconditions....
24. What are your thoughts on Hell? See 22 and 23 above.
25. What do you think we have to do to end up there? Ibid.
26. Where do you think you would end up if they exist? I have no idea, but if the Christian claims are correct, Hell would seem more likely...
27. Do you believe in the devil? Nope.
28. Who are Adam & Eve to you? Part of the Judeo/Christian myth of Biblical "Creation".
29. Who is Abraham to you? A character in the Judeo/Christian mythology.
30. Who is Noah to you? A character in the Judeo/Christian mythology.
31. Who is Jesus Christ to you? A character in the Judeo/Christian mythology.
32. Could he have been married? Why not?
33. If not, why? Maybe he was really, really ugly..or perhaps gay?
34. Who is Muhammad to you? A character in Islamic mythology.
35. Who is Joseph Smith to you? Just another wannabe prophet of Christian mythology.
36. Who is Anton LeVey to you? No one of especial notice or interest...but anyone who runs away to join a circus can't be all bad...
37. What are your thoughts on the Council of Nicea? A precedent setting group outlining established (and enforceable) orthodoxy and doctrinal beliefs.
38. Do you believe in past lives? I believe people existed in the past. I don't believe that I was one of them.
39. What do you think happens when we die? "We" are consumed by the processes (and critters) that utilize organic matter for sustenance or as mediums of their proliferation.
40. Do you believe in Ghosts, Demons, Angels, Spirits, or Magic? None of the aforementioned.
41. Do you think we each have a divine purpose, a destiny? Nope.
42. Do you believe in true love? Let me ask any dog...um, yep.
43. Do you believe in love at first sight? Sure, but I don't know how "true" it may prove to be...
44. What are your thoughts on Karma? It's a pleasant enough concept, borne of wishful thinking of an unconscious hope for justice.
45. What are your thoughts on abortion? It's a viable option in termination of an unwanted/unintended pregnancy.
46. When do you think the world will end? I have no idea...but a supernova [down the road] seems likely...
47. How do you think it will end? Um...with a bang?
48. Even if you don't believe in god, please answer this question on the theory that God exists. If you were able to ask god one question, what would it be?
OK."Where did you come from, god...or if you prefer, please answer this survey in full for greater lent detail."
49. What do you think the answer is? Utter silence.
50. What are your thoughts on the Pentagram? It appears in the palm of bitten victims of the Wolfman.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Please be honest.
I'll try my best. :)

1. What should we call you?
The Happy Fool
2. How old are you?
3. Where are your from?
The same place you are from, although my body hails from the Pacific Northwest. Odd question, lol.
4. What religion were you raised?
None.
5. What religion are you now?
None... thank god.
6. If you are NOT the same religion as when you were raised, why did you choose to change?
Internal growth. It's a bit hard to explain.
7. Do you believe in a god/gods?
I have no use for god concepts, per se, but understand quite readily why others feel a need for such trifles.
8. If so, who?
9. If not, why?
I prefer to think in terms of reality as opposed to legendary "invisible friends". What IS the point, really?
10. What are your thoughts on Creationism?
I have a dim view of Creationism and Creationists. Go ahead, sue me.
11. What are your thoughts on Evolution?
Not perfect, but an very good model. It remains a theory after all.
12. How do you think we got here?
I dunno bout you, but I willed myself to be, as no one sent me and I am not some god's pet project.
13. What kinds of rituals/ceremonies do you have in your religion?
I am not especially into dogmatic drivel to assauge my broken spirit or to placate a demented god.
14. Why do you perform these?
*sigh*
15. How do you talk to your god/gods?
It's a need to know type thing. Sorry.
16. To you, what is the difference between religion and spirituality?
One is real and the other is dogmatic puffery.
17. Going by how you defined Spirituality, are you spiritual?
I am unconcerned about such meaningless labels.
18. What are your spiritual beliefs?
How many years have you got? I have no intention of rattling off all my beliefs on a mere internet forum. Try to deal with that.
19. Do you feel you have to be in a center of worship to commune with your god?
Utterly meaningless driven. The temple is within and if folks do not understand that then they have gleaned very little knowledge from their life experience.
20. Do you have a text that you consider holy or sacred that you base your life and principles by?
No. I am not into such meaningless self-serving misrepresentations although I do understand why others feel a need to proclaim and adopt them.
21. Do you feel that you succeed in doing so?
I am well beyond rewards and punishments and am not concerned if I have "got it right". I don't much care really.
22. What are your thoughts on Heaven?
I hole in people's minds and theological constructs.
23. What do you think we have to do to go there?
A better question might be Why anyone would WANT to go there. In my books, all you have to do is be yourself and inner reality will unfold. It's pretty simple. I can make if vastly more complex if you prefer.
24. What are your thoughts on Hell?
I reject silly concepts of Hell and Hellfire. These concepts are for the spiritual equivelent of toddlers.
25. What do you think we have to do to end up there?
Believing in the reality of Hell would probably do the trick.
26. Where do you think you would end up if they exist?
Wherever I wish to be, I shall go, forever.
27. Do you believe in the devil?
Nope. Kid's tales promoted by spiritually bankrupt thinkers.
28. Who are Adam & Eve to you?
A quaint fable designed for children.
29. Who is Abraham to you?
Nothing whatsoever.
30. Who is Noah to you?
Nothing whatsoever.
31. Who is Jesus Christ to you?
A rather bright friend since you asked.
32. Could he have been married?
Does it matter?
33. If not, why?
Seriously, who cares? Does it matter?
34. Who is Muhammad to you?
A con who was conned by his con.
35. Who is Joseph Smith to you?
A rather bright young man with a remarkable vision of reality. A bona fide prophet, in my books and I am not interested in defending my position. Take it or leave it.
36. Who is Anton LeVey to you?
A clever opportunist.
37. What are your thoughts on the Council of Nicea?
A good effort for the day and era.
38. Do you believe in past lives?
I believe in simultaneous lives lived in an impossibly rich "spacious present".
39. What do you think happens when we die?
You wouldn't believe me if I told you LOL. It's just a fairly radical perception shift.
40. Do you believe in Ghosts, Demons, Angels, Spirits, or Magic?
Technically no, not in the slightest.
41. Do you think we each have a divine purpose, a destiny?
No, I utterly reject the concept of predestination. Divine purpose is debatable but I figure why the heck get hung up on the concept. Just be yourself and you should do just fine. I can make this much more complex if that is too simple.
42. Do you believe in true love?
I suppose. Do I get a prize?
43. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Oh yes.
44. What are your thoughts on Karma?
Karma is an action that exists outside of the concept of time therefore the traditional models of karma are ludicrous and irrelevant.
45. What are your thoughts on abortion?
A woman has the inalienable right to do as she wishes to her body and her unborn child. Sorry, you have to draw the line somewhere.
46. When do you think the world will end?
Time is an illusion therefore the question is somewhat meaningless.
47. How do you think it will end?
*sigh*
48. Even if you don't believe in god, please answer this question on the theory that God exists. If you were able to ask god one question, what would it be?
What exactly is your problem big fellah?
49. What do you think the answer is?
I doubt I would much care as I am already well beyond such primitive thinking.
50. What are your thoughts on the Pentagram?
I think everyone should own at least 17 different models of pentagrams.