• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Religious Freedom) Now a crime in VA to attend services?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Can they practice social distancing when packed together in small spaces as large groups (which is what I assume most church services would look like)?

As much as possible. Usually the size of the building reflects the number of people who attend. Seldom is the building too small nowdays as the number of Christians is getting smaller.

Good-Ole-Rebel

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Perhaps the Christians in your state should do the same.

Good-Ole-Rebel
The ones I know about are exercising wisdom.
Temporary suspension of church services. It's driving my mother-in-law crazy, but she has enough wisdom to know that it's for the best.
At this time. Too bad not all religionists have that much wisdom.
What's wrong with your church?
Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just learned from watching the T.V. that our Texas Governour has just added religious gatherings as an essential part of our life. Therefore we are free to meet, and worship and of course observe as much as possible the social distancing and cleanliness.

So, the Christian here in Texas can go to Church.

Good-Ole-Rebel
And spread corona amongst each other and those outside your group just like every other group who said **** it amd selfishly did what they want.

Good-Ole-Rebel

And spread corona amongst each other and those outside your group just like every other group who said **** it amd selfishly did what they want.

Just like everyone else is doing when they go to the stores, doctors, dentists, or work, etc. etc. etc.

See, even though we are allowed to gather under the Law you still don't want the Christians gathering. The law never had anything to do with it.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
See, even though we are allowed to gather under the Law
Right niw we are not. That is the whole point. No one is allowed out and to get more than a few people in the same same place unless it's essential for life. Plenty of Christians are doing just fine with skype, disproving your "it's necessary" claims.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Just like everyone else is doing when they go to the stores, doctors, dentists, or work, etc. etc. etc.

See, even though we are allowed to gather under the Law you still don't want the Christians gathering. The law never had anything to do with it.

Good-Ole-Rebel
It is all about the pandemic. You have heard of that haven't you? Novel viral disease sweeping across the globe with unknown consequences. You may want to see some news.

Tambourine

Good-Ole-Rebel
In my country, people are only allowed to go out by themselves, and for the bare essentials such as work (if it is deemed essential) or to buy groceries.
All
gatherings have been banned, and as of next week, we will be required to wear masks when we shop for food.

Christians are not uniquely oppressed in this situation.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Right niw we are not. That is the whole point. No one is allowed out and to get more than a few people in the same same place unless it's essential for life. Plenty of Christians are doing just fine with skype, disproving your "it's necessary" claims.

I told you that we are here in Texas. Isn't that good enough for you? Apparently not.

When you say Christian, I don't think you define a Christian as I do. And what is 'fine'? And since you who are a self-proclaimed former Christian, who are you to know what is necessary for the Christian anyway?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Tambourine

I told you that we are here in Texas. Isn't that good enough for you? Apparently not.

When you say Christian, I don't think you define a Christian as I do. And what is 'fine'? And since you who are a self-proclaimed former Christian, who are you to know what is necessary for the Christian anyway?

Good-Ole-Rebel
I take it your definition excludes the vast majority of self-defined Christians who don't seem to have an issue with following medical recommendations on how to behave in a global health crisis?

Good-Ole-Rebel

That is not very Christian of you.

Just being truthful about what I have observed.

Well, groups of church size then or any size?

It is necessary because it is a Spiritual activity. The Christian is a Spiritual person. The Holy Spirit is present in him and in other believers. The gathering of believers opens the door for the ministry of the Holy Spirit between believers which meets their spiritual needs. It feeds their spirit and addresses any spiritual problems they may be encountering through the various gifts of the Holy Spirit given to each believer.

God has always had unified times of worship for His people expressed in physical gatherings.

It is all about the pandemic. You have heard of that haven't you? Novel viral disease sweeping across the globe with unknown consequences. You may want to see some news.

Yes I am aware of that.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

In my country, people are only allowed to go out by themselves, and for the bare essentials such as work (if it is deemed essential) or to buy groceries.
All gatherings have been banned, and as of next week, we will be required to wear masks when we shop for food.

Christians are not uniquely oppressed in this situation.

OK. Follow your law as much as you can.

It is lawful for Christians to meet in my State.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

I take it your definition excludes the vast majority of self-defined Christians who don't seem to have an issue with following medical recommendations on how to behave in a global health crisis?

I am not using the 'global health crisis' to define a Christian. But I am aware of many churches that are 'Christian' in name yet are not Christian. Same with individuals. Thus when a non-believer uses the term 'Christian' to try and prove something to me concerning the Christian faith, it carries little weight with me.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Tambourine

OK. Follow your law as much as you can.

It is lawful for Christians to meet in my State.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Which is a serious mistake. The pandemic is already out of control in America. It would do good to go to lengths to mitigate its impact, rather than working to exacerbate its spread.

The virus does not distinguish between believer and unbeliever; both are equally at risk.

EDIT: Note that I do not want to downplay or ignore your suffering. I acknowledge that you have a deep seated spiritual need for communality. But you have to ask yourself the question whether this individual need trumps the very real and present dangers of infection and of spreading a deadly disease. I urge you to consider the moral and medical implications of this.

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

Which is a serious mistake. The pandemic is already out of control in America. It would do good to go to lengths to mitigate its impact, rather than working to exacerbate its spread.

The virus does not distinguish between believer and unbeliever; both are equally at risk.

EDIT: Note that I do not want to downplay or ignore your suffering. I acknowledge that you have a deep seated spiritual need for communality. But you have to ask yourself the question whether this individual need trumps the very real and present dangers of infection and of spreading a deadly disease. I urge you to consider the moral and medical implications of this.

Christians who still gather are not working to spread the virus. We are gathering as a body of Christ to worship Him and fellowship with other believers, through which the Holy Spirit ministers to us. Just like you are not trying to spread the virus when you go to your store or wherever.

I don't consider myself as suffering.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Tambourine

Christians who still gather are not working to spread the virus. We are gathering as a body of Christ to worship Him and fellowship with other believers, through which the Holy Spirit ministers to us. Just like you are not trying to spread the virus when you go to your store or wherever.

I don't consider myself as suffering.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Everyone who is gathering is working to spread the virus. It does not matter if you are Christian or not. That is the reason why most countries in Europe have already banned all gatherings.

I am going to the store to buy groceries because the alternative would be starvation, not because there is no risk of infection.

Last edited: