• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Religious Freedom) Now a crime in VA to attend services?

Tambourine

But we both don't need the Christian fellowship and worship. Which is what I said. You are trying to minimize the times I am out and among people. You want your 'need' met. You are willing to possibly spread the virus to meet your need. But if the Christian has another need, to hell with that.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Didn't you, in an earlier post, deny that being denied the opportunity to gather with your fellow believers would make you suffer, or did I misunderstand that statement? Yet here you are equating hunger and thirst with your need to gather and worship with fellow believers. So, do you suffer when you are being denied your spiritual needs, or not? (It should be obvious that lack of food makes people suffer)

And separation of church and state does not really exist in America, does it. How else would you explain that exceptions are being made for Christians - and only for Christians - with regards to banning large gatherings?

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

I just took a couple of church ladies through Walmart for necessities. We had face masks and were careful about distance. I had hand sanitizer for all. I was really rather bytchy about protocols.
I hope everything worked out all right, but I'll never know. If one gets sick, it might be because I wasn't careful enough.

You're partying with your Christian friends like some teenagers on spring break.
:mad:
You and people like you are the problem.
Tom

Oh, Christian worship of Jesus Christ is now a party? Christians are partying as Corona kills everyone. That is the same imagery as Nero fiddlin while Rome burned. Nice play on words.

As I said, Christians are going to get the blame either way. But of course when you go out and take a chance on spreading the virus, you are just a real do-gooder. Helping some church ladies...get their food. Did you pet some puppies along the way?

Pathetic.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

Didn't you, in an earlier post, deny that being denied the opportunity to gather with your fellow believers would make you suffer, or did I misunderstand that statement? Yet here you are equating hunger and thirst with your need to gather and worship with fellow believers. So, do you suffer when you are being denied your spiritual needs, or not? (It should be obvious that lack of food makes people suffer)

And separation of church and state does not really exist in America, does it. How else would you explain that exceptions are being made for Christians - and only for Christians - with regards to banning large gatherings?

I don't remember. If you want to know, go back and read. Why should I do your work.

Before you say anything more about 'suffering' you better make sure I said that.

No, separation of church/state doesn't really exist. But atheistic liberals and pagans use it in hopes of taking away the affects of Christianity.

You must be clear on the 'exception' to Christians only. Where do you read this?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Tambourine

I don't remember. If you want to know, go back and read. Why should I do your work.

Before you say anything more about 'suffering' you better make sure I said that.

[...]
You don't need to "do my work", I included a link in my response. You only need to click it. It's only a flick of the finger, barely any "work" at all! ;)

But I'm feeling charitable today, so I'm going to do bear that burden for you. Here is what I said:
Which is a serious mistake. The pandemic is already out of control in America. It would do good to go to lengths to mitigate its impact, rather than working to exacerbate its spread.

The virus does not distinguish between believer and unbeliever; both are equally at risk.

EDIT: Note that I do not want to downplay or ignore your suffering. I acknowledge that you have a deep seated spiritual need for communality. But you have to ask yourself the question whether this individual need trumps the very real and present dangers of infection and of spreading a deadly disease. I urge you to consider the moral and medical implications of this.

And here is what you said in response:
Christians who still gather are not working to spread the virus. We are gathering as a body of Christ to worship Him and fellowship with other believers, through which the Holy Spirit ministers to us. Just like you are not trying to spread the virus when you go to your store or wherever.

I don't consider myself as suffering.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Are you willing to adress my statement now?

Tambourine

Oh, Christian worship of Jesus Christ is now a party? Christians are partying as Corona kills everyone. That is the same imagery as Nero fiddlin while Rome burned. Nice play on words.

As I said, Christians are going to get the blame either way. But of course when you go out and take a chance on spreading the virus, you are just a real do-gooder. Helping some church ladies...get their food. Did you pet some puppies along the way?

Pathetic.

Good-Ole-Rebel
That's an exceptionally rude and, in my opinion, uncalled for response to a person who was trying to do good in this world.
Why are you responding in this way?

Good-Ole-Rebel

You don't need to "do my work", I included a link in my response. You only need to click it. It's only a flick of the finger, barely any "work" at all! ;)

But I'm feeling charitable today, so I'm going to do bear that burden for you. Here is what I said:

And here is what you said in response:

Are you willing to adress my statement now?

I said I don't consider myself as suffering. So? I don't.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

That's an exceptionally rude and, in my opinion, uncalled for response to a person who was trying to do good in this world.

I guess you need to read through this debate and the picture will be clearer. I have a tendency to respond in kind.

Good-Ole-Rebel

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
But of course when you go out and take a chance on spreading the virus, you are just a real do-gooder. Helping some church ladies...get their food.

Pathetic.

Yeah.
I'm pathetic.
Trying to help old ladies survive a health crisis makes me totally worthless.

Unlike you True Christians with your "Kill them all! Let God sort them out." attitude. You're so much more Christ Like than I am.

:rolleyes:

Luckily, I've had more inspiring christians in my life.
Also, inspiring people who weren't Christian.
Christians are oftentimes pretty immoral.
Tom

Tambourine

I said I don't consider myself as suffering. So? I don't.

Good-Ole-Rebel
But you equated the need to gather in worship with the need for food and shelter. Starvation is suffering. Are you suffering when you are lacking the opportunity to worship in larger groups?

EDIT: Apparently not, or you would have said so.

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I wonder if the moderators will delete a post that suggests that the more evangelicals get the virus, the better for the USA?
Personally, I do not limit it to any specific group other than the dumbasses who are spreading it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You don't have the....'guts'...to claim your 'belief system'. If you did you would wear it on your avatar. My faith is there for all to see. You don't believe it or like it. That is not a problem. I'm not here to please you.

In other words, before you go making accusations about another's belief system at least have the courage to declare yours.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Verily your savior said to you, you have had you reward as you sought earthly reward rather than eternal reward from your Father in the Kingdom.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
He's an exemplary Christian, and why so many people dislike Christians as a group, and never do they consider it just might be them, no, it's always a problem with us, those who must be either secular atheists or pagans. Those holier than thou arses who maybe things difficult for everyone while thinking they themselves are basically without fault, and of they do its between them and god, not those they trangress against.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
He's an exemplary Christian, and why so many people dislike Christians as a group, and never do they consider it just might be them, no, it's always a problem with us, those who must be either secular atheists or pagans. Those holier than thou arses who maybe things difficult for everyone while thinking they themselves are basically without fault, and of they do its between them and god, not those they trangress against.

I think many believers feel internally threatened when their beliefs are challenged. I don't know how they'd react if "atheists" were the majority. A lot of times I think being the majority has something to do with pride and attitude of "the One religion" behavior. The interesting thing is, if their religion promotes something good like shelters for homeless, they relate to it. However, if the same people caused wars, it's "their" problem and they aren't "real" christians. You know. Sad to say. I'd think people would stay christians if it weren't for many christians, ironically.

Tambourine

I mean, sure, I've had my share debating fundamentalists of all kinds, but this is the first time I've seen a person be this overtly and unmistakeably hostile towards the idea of helping other people, even on the Internet.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I mean, sure, I've had my share debating fundamentalists of all kinds, but this is the first time I've seen a person be this overtly and unmistakeably hostile towards the idea of helping other people, even on the Internet.

You must not live where I do.
Semi-rural southern Indiana, where people like him are quite common.

To me, that's True Christianity.
Perhaps being a prudish, long married, gay man who survived the 80s AIDS disaster has colored my opinions about Christianity. But he is the TRUE Christian.

Not the morally, scientifically, and socially sophisticated people who believe in Jesus. Those aren't really Christians. They're just decent folks who happen to believe Jesus is God.
Same as decent folks as happen to be Hindu or Muslim or non-theist or whatever.

But once again, there's a viral epidemic.
And again, True Christians don't think it matters. Because "Jesus Saves", and everybody who dies obviously doesn't matter.
That's True Christianity.
Tom

Good-Ole-Rebel

Yeah.
I'm pathetic.
Trying to help old ladies survive a health crisis makes me totally worthless.

Unlike you True Christians with your "Kill them all! Let God sort them out." attitude. You're so much more Christ Like than I am.

:rolleyes:

Luckily, I've had more inspiring christians in my life.
Also, inspiring people who weren't Christian.
Christians are oftentimes pretty immoral.
Tom

Cry me a river, poor thing.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

But you equated the need to gather in worship with the need for food and shelter. Starvation is suffering. Are you suffering when you are lacking the opportunity to worship in larger groups?

EDIT: Apparently not, or you would have said so.

Why do you keep saying 'larger groups'? There are more people at grocery stores and hardware stores than most churches.

Where did I 'equate' what you said?

Good-Ole-Rebel