• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious and Believers Only What Miracles are For.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I agree we can’t experience the kingdom of God on earth if humanity doesn’t turn to God but as we have freedom of choice it’s going to take a long time unless the fires of suffering burn us enough to question our own ways.

If we have to wait for man to arrive at this conclusion on his own, after thousands of years of human history, if it hasn't happened by now, what makes you think that it ever will unless God intervenes?
We have reached a point in our in our history where we have the capacity to wipe out all life on this planet....all it would take is one ego driven idiot to start a war that may end in disaster. Our current world leaders are not filling us with confidence....are they?

While there is so much faith in man’s ways let them come to fruition and then when we taste the consequences of our bad actions and decisions I think we will run back to God having realised His ways are the only path to true happiness

The fruition you speak of may mean total annihilation of all life on earth....will God allow things to go that far....I don't believe so. By the time of the judgment, all will have taken a side in the issue of Universal Sovereignty, which is why we are in this mess. There will only be "sheep and goats" and we believe that this separation is taking place as we speak. We are all telling God where we stand by our thoughts and actions.

According to Daniel's prophesy, God's kingdom will "come" in this time period...in the time of the present world powers. Daniel 2:44 indicates that the Kingdom will crush all present human rulership out of existence and replace them with God's rulership in the hands of his Christ. This will mean an instantaneous transition to a better world with every trace of wickedness removed forever. Every trace of the old world will be removed and replaced by a government of God that actually works for the good of all mankind....and we won't have to wait much longer for it to become a reality in our view of things, because according to the Bible, the Kingdom will come at a time when we least expect it, and like the flood of Noah's day, it will catch people off guard and force them to acknowledge that what God said he would do, is indeed taking place, and it means the end of their existence. (Matthew 24:37-39)

Now is the time to make decisions because this is a judgment period and the outcome is either life or death.
A wonderful future awaits us.....I hope to see you there.....

JesusKnowsYou

The following is a link to a testimony of a miracle.

God led Christian doctor in Texas to Covid cure | God Reports

Notice that its entirely deniable by us. God gives him the cure, but somebody else already has the cure in another part of the world. He knows God has helped him, but there's no way any of us can see it as a proof. I'd go so far as to suggest that if somebody else hadn't come up with the cure then God wouldn't have let him have it, because it would have become proof.

I think this is and example of the nature of miracles. They are never proofs of the supernatural. Maybe they are possible and are supernatural but may not reveal the supernatural. In the above case the doctor clearly believes he's been miraculously assisted, but he's not permitted to prove it.

What in your experience are miracles for?
In my opinion - miracles are rewards or blessings for the faithful - but can also be used to buoy up someone's faith.

Hawkins

The following is a link to a testimony of a miracle.

Primarily for confirming a message to a messenger.

Acts 14:3 (NIV2011)
So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

God usually identifies Himself to a witness by doing something humans cannot do. Humans cannot 1) foretell a future, 2) break our physics laws. God authenticates a witness by speaking prophecies through their mouth, or performing miracles through their hands. That's actually why God's eyewitnesses are called the prophets.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Everybody was brave and gave their thoughts. Thanks for your input on what miracles are for. Those were some interesting thoughts.