• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion vs. Faith

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You're arguing with yourself, you're not even listening properly to what I'm saying... I give up. :innocent:

How so? I reread All your posts from the get go. Maybe Im articulating my points wrong, but something about rituals, church, religious, paul, and the gospels bothers you.

Ive seen it in other threads of others and other people posts.

I honestly dont know how you arived to the conclusions you did.

I mean, I debated with a JW. He was patient. Didnt give up. I told him up front I dont understand. Then he says 100 posts later:

"Why would any christian want to have anything pagan in their worship even if it brings them to christ?"

Then I thought. That makes sense. Like my faith. Why would I use the Bible in a pagan oriented belief when the bible is against what i believe.

We ended there. It was nice.

Edit: I like ending with understanding. RF doesnt make sense when people give up on each other. But yall dont know me personally.

Last edited:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
I like ending with understanding. RF doesnt make sense when people give up on each other.
Wouldn't give up on anyone; so try reading back what i was saying, and try to understand how you've misunderstood me. ;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Wouldn't give up on anyone; so try reading back what i was saying, and try to understand how you've misunderstood me. ;)

I read all your posts. I dont think we agree but I dont like saying that unless I understand what youre saying.

Its like telling someone not native to english reread what I said in English and you will get it. Doesnt work that way. Least as a teacher, I have to rephrase what I say not repeat it. I know my students arent ignorant; they genuiely dont understand. (Talking about my students)

You dont have to rephrae all your posts. I just want to make sure I understand you before I agree to disagree.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
I just want to make sure I understand you before I agree to disagree.
From the questions you've asked, you've not understood my point, and made a strawman to argue against....Which is why I'll step out of the way; whilst you continue arguing with it. :heart:
strawman.jpg

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Please dont say Im debating with myself. This took me a bit. If we disagree, please let me know. These are just my points; they dont need top be refuted. As long as we understand each other, we are good. This is long. If you dont want to reply, just let me know. Edit: I have to cut it. The numbers wont match.

These will be short comments and I will either agree or disagree as well.

Faith originally means to trust, it doesn't originally have any religious contexts applied to it.
I mentioned faith means trust (below). Why does origionality have to do with truth? We evolve and meanings evolve. A lot of us value religious context applied to faith. It strengthens us. A Catholic may light a candle and pray to the Eucharist, I use incense and pray to my grandmother, Buddhist bow and light candles, and so on and so forth. Faith isnt isolated.

Yet until we go from just a belief, to acceptance in our hearts; then no amount of practising reading it again and again, will deliver anything.
Fortunately, though, not all people are just believing and practicing without trust. A lot of religious of all religions practice again and again and it delivers something because they have faith/trust and they have more than belielf and they have heart within (however you put it).
Because faith comes from within, so if you've got strong faith in your self as saying; then you'll have the confidence to do other tasks you've never tried, and be successful as faith carries you through.
Saying you've got faith in something or someone, when you're completely lacking in faith in your self, means it doesn't stand up to much.
True. This applies to everyone of course. Rituals and practice does not void that people do agree to this just as you and I and half the other people with honest trust in whatever religion (or spirituality, whatever) they are commited (maybe devoted) too.
Catholics have been programmed that way, that faith is following religious ritual; yet that is a religious belief, it isn't faith...Not even sure following dogmatic ritualistic behavior ever arrives at having trust in your self (faith).

Fortunately, not all Catholics are like that. Maybe say "some" Catholics? If you mean all, then I completely disagree. Many Catholics say that religions belief is faith not because they depend on rituals in order to trust god, they know they have god without a church, but because rituals (if you like) strengthen their faith. For example, my ancestors are with me wherever I go. My using candles and incense is something I want to do in order to connect to my family not something I need to do.

Can you notice that Im taking the generalizations out. I disagree with your assertion but its even more bothersome to put all people in a boat.
Its an identity. When I practiced Catholicism, saying I am Catholic did not mean "JUST a relationship with Christ". It meant the whole caching. His body. His blood. Repentence. Salvation. Resurrection. Communion. God, how they defined it, was inengraved in me.
Being a Catholic is more than rituals.
It wont come from books. Actual involvement in heart and soul not from a bias perspective. Catholicism isnt for everyone and I hate when its belittled.
"Catholics are programed..." is belittling Catholics. Thats why I said this. You mentioned you study and have a grandfather who was devout catholic (below) and you switched to many faiths (below). Did you ever had a relationship within these faiths or where they just rituals?
See to me you're not even discussing faith (trust), you're discussing religious practises as being faith...
There is a difference between depending on rituals to have faith and your faith involving rituals as a part of your faith. Believe me, Catholics can have faith without rituals.
Faith to me would be Catholics who go out in dangerous environments to help the needy....
You dont see Catholics doing that? If not, its the area not the Church. Over here they do it all the time. Probably more than most Churches since the Church has a lot of money.
Going to mass, doing holy communion, ceremonial prayer, confession, etc, are religious rituals, and don't necessarily have anything to do with trust/faith.
True. However, not everyone falls in this boat.
Trust doesn't need any religious practises, it is just a switch in our hearts....
True Not everyone sees religious practices separate from change of heart. They do agree with you, you know. The difference is rituals, culture, customs, and so forth are a part of their faith not a substitution for it.
My granddad was a devout Roman Catholic, he had never read the Bible, just followed all the ritual, and that was enough for him to be classed as a Catholic.
Not every Catholic falls into this category. I see you blanketing Catholics in general. Say "some" or maybe "the Catholics I know" but to say Catholics in general (above) thats different.
Yet that doesn't mean in the slightest I've not understood what you're on about; its just not what I'd call trust building, more like dogmatic justification.
Thats alright. We differ. Just know know not all catholics replace faith with ritual.
He didn't say, 'and the goats on my left depart from me, as you didn't do enough 'Hail Marys', and other such religious practises.'
Sounds like personal experience talking there. A lot of us havent had that "you must say hail marys" I do admit that people like my friend feel obligated to. I just wouldnt put all Catholics in one boat.
Trust comes from hearing, and believing it
All Catholics (at least in the CCC) most likely believe that. At least the ones devout in their faith as per your definition. There are Catholics who agree with you.
Im not protestant minded. Action whether its Mother Teresa or myself (no heirarchy) is important in christian faith.
Spark notes: Action is important in the Christian faith. If you like. Original OP, I said faith is the core, religion is the action. Both go hand in hand. Many Catholics know this others dont.
Yet I'd never deny someone doesn't have a relationship, with God, Yeshua, Buddha, Lao Tzu, 0neness, etc; as the Holy Spirit helps the needy (learn), regardless of belief, else no one would be saved.
What number is that? Above you said that catholics are using ritual as if it were faith. Basically, youre saying that Catholics dont have faith, they have ritual. You are denying their relationshp with god because you are saying they have ritual rather than faith. I will come back once If find the number. Im on my nook, so its hard to keep looking up.
BTW, I was raised in a large Roman Catholic => Jehovah's Witness => Methodist, Baptist, Christian => Evangelical Messianic with our own Christian bookshop family.
Did you have a relationship with the Roman Catholic Church? If so, why do you see it so harshly? Is it like finding out your loved one is an abuser or something? I dont see how one can be against something he practiced unless maybe it wasnt a part of you. It was just a ritual.
If you do ceremony without faith, it becomes uncolourful, and we can see that happen in many religious cultures; where what were enlightening vibrations, has become repetitive strain.
True. Thats not the case in Catholicism. At least from my bias/experience, study, etc. I may not agree with a lot of things, but Id never say they have repetitive strain..... thats just me. Sounds like an opinion not a fact. Depends on the person.
As God is right in front of us, if we removed all the dimensions, it is just our understanding and perception separating u
Could be. Everryone is different. Not wrong. Different.
Call me pagan, but I find both rituals and inner faith equal in expressing ones devotion to whatever spiritual path they choose or are called to follow. Id be nuts to say "my family is found within. Bye ma! By great cousin!
Related to qoute post 32.
Yet if you do a ritual, and have no interest in it, thinking it is a load of rubbish; then why would you think that person had faith?
True. Some Catholics have interest in it and have faith as a part of it. (a part of, not substitute for)
You seem to be applying your values, when you were a Catholic, to the whole Catholic church globally, and not 'all' members of any religion have the same intent, faith, beliefs, etc.
All the Catholics I knew more intimately all agree with me. Its a personal thang. Im not an alien you know. But no, I try not to. I just love the Catholic Church. But if you get passed the rituals, see the faith, and dont associate catholics in general as substituting faith for rituals, then we cool.
The whole Catholic church are not like yo
Of course not. Im talking through my experiences as likewise your experiences and study.
Stop applying everyone also does it, as you're limiting yourself to questioning other people's perspectives, by asserting your opinions on to everyone else, before truly questioning everything
I had to triple read this. Thats why Im not part of the Church. Lots of questions. Answers. well.....
So when a Christian, attends service, performs religious ritual, etc, and thinks that makes a difference to their sins within their soul, it doesn't; only by repentance, and meditation can we cleanse the inside.
For some people, that applies. Other people it does not. Like I said, faith and rituals go hand in hand.Rituals is not a substitute for faith. In other words, in my humble opinion, that is a generalization and its wrong.

:sweat: Hope this goes through; hope this goes through :sweat:

Last edited:

JoStories

I dont believe in god. I have gone to Latin Mass and that is one of many reasons I left the Church. However, I dont see things so grim and negative. I have heard people call priests and catholicism bad all becauze X amount of priest abused kids. Yet, in traditional churches, you cannot even see the priest let alone look him in the eye. There is a full wall between the priest and confessant and bar likd window to talk through. He room is smaller than a closet and dark. You have the choice lock the door but the whole thing was creepy. When I "had" confessed there the priest fussed and sais "the devil made me do it!"

I went to a very nice retreat for four days. Only Catholics can go. I found out from people forty and over they were not allowed to read the bibles.

Another priest yelled at me one time.

Catholicism is not for everyone. On the Good side, instead of basing ones faith the abuse made of others of the same faith, calling all priests child molesters based on a handful of priest who did it out of thousands who did not, I have seen people have pure faith in christ through the church.

These handful of people, if anticatholics like, are not mouthing and during ritualistic prayers.

Okay. Thats like telling me I was a fake catholic because I went to mass daily, said hail marries twice a week, lit candles, and prayed "in front of" statues. (Past tense) Im not an alien here. My friend is a devout catholic. She isnt an alien.

Rituals do not always lead people away from their faith in christ. Im just sorry to hear if not upset that people even put X amount of people in pne catetory to define the whole set by those same standards. Usually negative.

I told Wazanda, I have bias too and its based on All my four year experiences of being in a relationship with the Church. Not attend Mass. Not do rituals amlessly. Not indoctrinated in the faith. No. Full relationship with christ through the Church..

It was beautiful. Yet, for some reasons their rituals deny the very catholics who share my sentiment the very nature of how they believe.

No, they shouldnt be swayed but they shouldnt be insulted either. Insults fall on the person insulting. Thats like telling a Catholic, "who, I murdered the priest but dont take it personally. I didnt murder you."

Anyway. You cant judge someones faith in christ because you disagree with the church and see rituals rather than love. In latin mass I saw death and the killing of thousands. I saw politics...the priest never faces the congregation. Mass is only in englizh during the small less than five min sermon. The confessant boxes are just that.

I have not experienced those things repeatey in the church. I am glad. It gives me an open minded perspective of how each denomination worships. It doesnt make me think they are faithless or misguided. Christ died for sinners not for people who supposed to be perfect after confession.

I dont see gold. I see love. Just latin mass made me taste metal. I would Never judge the way they conduct mass by peoples relationship with the church. I see that here and itz aweful. No matter the religion.

Awelful.

Read post 82 and 87. That also explains my point.
I read this post three times because there are so many mixed messages contained in it. You seem to be telling me not to insult 'the church', and I assume you mean only the RCC here, and yet your rancor toward 'the church' is also almost palpable. You say so many things here that make me think you loathe the church. And then you turn around and defend them. Anyway, the RCC is not the only church there is, nor the only one that is involved in rituals. Nor do all priests practice the mass in Latin or with their backs turned anymore, at least not around here. I am sorry you had such a terrible experience with your church however.

JoStories

wizanda said:
Catholics have been programmed that way, that faith is following religious ritual; yet that is a religious belief, it isn't faith...Not even sure following dogmatic ritualistic behavior ever arrives at having trust in your self (faith).

Fortunately, not all Catholics are like that. Maybe say "some" Catholics? If you mean all, then I completely disagree. Many Catholics say that religions belief is faith not because they depend on rituals in order to trust god, they know they have god without a church, but because rituals (if you like) strengthen their faith. For example, my ancestors are with me wherever I go. My using candles and incense is something I want to do in order to connect to my family not something I need to do.

Can you notice that Im taking the generalizations out. I disagree with your assertion but its even more bothersome to put all people in a boat.

I think you are both right here, in different ways. I agree with Wizanda that some catholics are programmed that way since birth. Confirmation being just one example of that programming. But on the other hand, I think you are also correct in that some people do have true faith and find that practicing the rituals strengthens that faith.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I read this post three times because there are so many mixed messages contained in it. You seem to be telling me not to insult 'the church', and I assume you mean only the RCC here, and yet your rancor toward 'the church' is also almost palpable. You say so many things here that make me think you loathe the church. And then you turn around and defend them. Anyway, the RCC is not the only church there is, nor the only one that is involved in rituals. Nor do all priests practice the mass in Latin or with their backs turned anymore, at least not around here. I am sorry you had such a terrible experience with your church however.

I love the Church because of my experiences with the sacraments, the people I met, the priests in my area that spend time with me through repentence, the food, clothing, and furniture they gave me when I moved.. I love the Church.

Latin Mass, it seems by area, is a whole new animal.

You know how people form a line/s in front of the priest in communion? In this case, the priest did not come among the congregation. There was a thick low raised bar between us. Everyone kneeled at the same ten at one time, in a horizontal line. The priest goes along side ways and gives communion.

Maybe most churches have low Latin Mass but this was far from low. Everything was Latin even the book or phamplets you use to follow Mass with.

The purpose isnt for understanding the bible passages said in Latin or understanding thr hym in latin. Everything one knows about Christ is literally through the Church. So it was like going back in time. You cant find christ without the church.

This was a couple years after going to modern masses. I have reasons why I left the church And I still loved the Church. Maybe people went to latin mass and thats why they hate the church? Maybe they are older and told not to read their bibles? I dont know.

Like I told @wizanda , not everyone falls into that boat. I dislike my mothers behavior but I dont loathe her. I dislike many catholic morals but i dont loathe the church/the body/the people/sacraments/communion. Its not about "repeating lines" and "trail of hail marys".

Its like youre saying to me, why you say you love Jane when you dont love what she wears. And I think, I dont like pink but Im not going to judge Her by what she wears. Id tell her, I dont like pink not "you wont pick up any boys with pink, choose red instead"
-

But no. I dont loathe the Church. If that be the case I would have left the same month I was confirmed. I just hate a lot of the rules they have that bothers My soul. But I would never tell anyone they are just programmed robots because I found dislike in some church morals.

Like I said, belittle the church all "you" want but like I told Wazanda, its more bothersome to hear peoples relationship with christ mixed in with the belittlement of church practices.

There is a difference between: "Latin Mass makes me see death of thousands" and "Catholics are not finding christ in latin mass because it makes me see death."

The former I am talking about church rituals. The later Im puting a persons faith in christ in my bias. **Thats my point.**

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
wizanda said:

I think you are both right here, in different ways. I agree with Wizanda that some catholics are programmed that way since birth. Confirmation being just one example of that programming. But on the other hand, I think you are also correct in that some people do have true faith and find that practicing the rituals strengthens that faith.

Thats my whole point in all the posts to Wizanda. When I went to chuch it strengthened my faith. Then I studied and saw a lot of morals that in the business world would get one fired for discrimination. When I practiced Buddhism, the sanctity of life was paramount. It wasnt kill so others can leave. Thats horrible. When you (in general) feel the back of millions of lives taken because of belief..not a war...not protection but power then thats different. I live in the metro area states and its all "roman" here.

But that is me.

Not everyone has that experience. I wasnt programmed. Im not the only catholic that hasnt been programmed. So, I cant see how generalization works here.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@JoStories

If you have time, read 105. Its long. I commented on wizandas posts from the beginning.

Unless you have new points, my point is the same: Dont belittle catholics based on catholicism. Dont put them all in one boat.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Let's flip this around.

So what about a Humanistic/Non-Theistic Jew who practices Orthodox Judaism. What's his faith?
From my point of view, he's neither believing nor practicing Orthodox Judaism in such a case.
Even according to the opinion that one doesn't need intent to fulfill the commandment in order to fulfill it, since this person doesn't believe in G-d, its as if he's performing the ritual with intent not to fulfill the commandment.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Sometimes the two words are used interchangeably but I don't really like that. 'Faith' to me requires a leap to something one believes they have good reason to trust. 'Religion' for me is the result of my rational analysis of what is most reasonable to believe and how then to live according to that 'belief'. So I feel a little insulted when I hear my 'religion' referred to as a 'faith'. The word 'faith' is often used against me in RF discussions by those who want to imply that having a religion requires a faith leap and an abandoning of rationality.
That's why I get confused, I think. The two words are often used synonymous-ly.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
From my point of view, he's neither believing nor practicing Orthodox Judaism in such a case.
Even according to the opinion that one doesn't need intent to fulfill the commandment in order to fulfill it, since this person doesn't believe in G-d, its as if he's performing the ritual with intent not to fulfill the commandment.
Questions about your religion aside, that raises my hackles. Belief is so uncontrollable. How can a person switch belief on or off? Seems unrealistic to think you can do more than pretend when you don't internally think something is so & so.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Questions about your religion aside, that raises my hackles. Belief is so uncontrollable. How can a person switch belief on or off? Seems unrealistic to think you can do more than pretend when you don't internally think something is so & so.
You're not supposed to switch belief off, just on.
At risk of derailing this thread, I think Judaism is based on the idea that it is possible to control one's belief to a large extent. Otherwise we could not be commanded to believe.

Edit: I should add, "and that it can constantly be improved upon".

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
To which extent, iyo, can a person question whether there actually is God whereas (s)he no longer is "practicing Orthodox Judaism"? Most people seem to question at least once in a while whether God actually exists, so where do you draw the line?

I ask this because most of the orthodox responses I've seen on this feel that it's important to follow the Law even if one has some strong doubts about whether God exists, with the hope that maybe said person may develop a stronger faith. IOW, probably for most people, faith is not really a zero-sum game.

Tumah

Veteran Member
To which extent, iyo, can a person question whether there actually is God whereas (s)he no longer is "practicing Orthodox Judaism"? Most people seem to question at least once in a while whether God actually exists, so where do you draw the line?
I think you are looking at it as if I said he is not an Orthodox Jew if he doesn't believe in G-d. But as you may have heard here before from other Orthodox Jews, the labels mean nothing and all that matters is the degree of conformity to Torah Law. So when I said "practicing Orthodox Judaism", I actually meant at the time he is performing a ritual according to Orthodox Torah Law.
So while performing a ritual, one ideally should have intent that one is performing the ritual to fulfill G-d's commandment (called "commandments [fulfillment] require intent). Minimally, if one doesn't have this intent, or if one intends specifically not to fulfill the commandment are split whether one has fulfilled the commandment or not. Not believing that there are any commandments to begin with, seems to be even less than that.
I will double check it today in case I'm wrong, but an example would be if a non-religious Jew would be circumcised by a doctor for medical reasons, he would still need blood drawn under the guise of "bris milah" in order to fulfill the commandment.
The point being that I"m drawing a distinction between "agnosticating" while riding the bus to work, where there's much less practical ramifications (perhaps a nullification of a positive commandment), and disbelief during the performance of a ritual. The latter potentially rendering the ritual void.
I ask this because most of the orthodox responses I've seen on this feel that it's important to follow the Law even if one has some strong doubts about whether God exists, with the hope that maybe said person may develop a stronger faith. IOW, probably for most people, faith is not really a zero-sum game.
I would imagine that this falls under the category of doing something "not for [G-d's] sake in order to reach a level of doing it for [G-d's] sake". So I'm not saying that a Jew shouldn't fulfill the Law even if he doesn't believe, because maybe the rituals will affect him and he'll come to believe. I'm saying that in terms of actually fulfilling the Law's requirement to perform the ritual, its doubtful that he has done so and if a minute later he were to come to believe, he'd probably need to repeat the ritual in order to fulfill that requirement.
Also, its worth noting that I am not calling it zero-sum either as I stated in following post that belief can constantly be improved upon.
Also, its worth noting that what most people believe or do doesn't affect what I believe or do.

JoStories

@JoStories

If you have time, read 105. Its long. I commented on wizandas posts from the beginning.

Unless you have new points, my point is the same: Dont belittle catholics based on catholicism. Dont put them all in one boat.
I was not belittling Catholics. I was agreeing with Wizanda that being Catholic does not mean one has faith. The two are not synonymous. You said this in an earlier post...

There is a difference between: "Latin Mass makes me see death of thousands" and "Catholics are not finding christ in latin mass because it makes me see deatdsayh."

IMO, neither statement need have anything to do with faith. Mass can be a means of someone who wishes to practice faith but it is by no means needed. What of those who are reclusive..due to health or whatever reason? Is their faith then gone because they cannot attend mass? An elderly woman is NOT going to be getting down on her knees to pray or take communion, I can say that with almost 100% certainty. What of her then?

JoStories

Thats my whole point in all the posts to Wizanda. When I went to chuch it strengthened my faith. Then I studied and saw a lot of morals that in the business world would get one fired for discrimination. When I practiced Buddhism, the sanctity of life was paramount. It wasnt kill so others can leave. Thats horrible. When you (in general) feel the back of millions of lives taken because of belief..not a war...not protection but power then thats different. I live in the metro area states and its all "roman" here.

But that is me.

Not everyone has that experience. I wasnt programmed. Im not the only catholic that hasnt been programmed. So, I cant see how generalization works here.

The part that I underlined and bolded is what is at issue here. If you have to go somewhere and do something to bolster your faith, it is not much of a faith to begin with, IMO. Doing those rituals can provide solace for some, but to make a statement that it strengthens what you have makes no sense to me. Either you have faith or you do not. I have complete faith in God. I need do nothing to make that better or worse. It just is. It does not waver.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I was not belittling Catholics. I was agreeing with Wizanda that being Catholic does not mean one has faith. The two are not synonymous. You said this in an earlier post...

IMO, neither statement need have anything to do with faith. Mass can be a means of someone who wishes to practice faith but it is by no means needed. What of those who are reclusive..due to health or whatever reason? Is their faith then gone because they cannot attend mass? An elderly woman is NOT going to be getting down on her knees to pray or take communion, I can say that with almost 100% certainty. What of her then?

1. My point: Wazanda belittled Catholics. Agreeing with him makes me assume likewise.

2. Wazanda said that just because one does what yall call rituals doesnt mean one has faith.

I said. True. Doing rituals is not isolated. They go hand in hand with faith (real faith). I know because I experiences this as well as many people I know and been around.

Doing rituals does not void someones faith in christ. Bring in Catholicism shouldnt void it either. No one knows the relationship one has with christ rituals or not.

3. Faith and rituals go hand in hand. In my experience, when a person (and friend) cant attend Mass, they pray. They probably watch Mass on tv. Pray the rosery. And later go to confession.

Catholicism and other ritual (tradition, customs, and cultural related) religions are always Doing something in Relationz to their faith.

Why is that hard to understand?

Wazanda and you dont need to have rituals to have faith AND faith and rituals go hand in hand. Prayer is a ritual. Catholicism isnt the victim here.

4. Call me pagan, but I DO believe faith and rituals are interrelated.

I never said they are each other. I never said rituals replace faith. I said they are interrelated. Catholicism shouldnt be a victim here. Wazanda specifically said things against catholics based on their rituals and their programed lack of faith.

Look it up. Its the longest post in this thread.

I disagree with him on a lot of things AND he is going by his experience and study as am I. So no, I will not let up faith and ritual go hand in hand.

Experience and study of a faith shouldnt rid half of its inheritants lack of faith because they practice rituals.

Faith meaning trust (as I agreed with Wazanda)

Please dont yell (How you word your reply NOT your caps.)