• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion and falling in love

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Have you ever fallen in love with someone who has a different set of religious beliefs (or politics) or no religious beliefs, and they converted you to their views?

Most people will probably go with whatever gives them the most reward. My guess is that it happens all the time.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Love can be very subversive of differences between people. Especially, relatively superficial differences -- which is what most, but not all, beliefs are.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you ever fallen in love with someone who has a different set of religious beliefs (or politics) or no religious beliefs, and they converted you to their views?

Most people will probably go with whatever gives them the most reward. My guess is that it happens all the time.

Got in a fairly serious relationship with a strict, practising Catholic once. No conversions in either direction. It became a factor.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

Yes

In my early 20's I fell in love with a bi-sexual poly pagan girl.

Neither of us converted to the others religion. We each respected each other. While I may have my complaints about paganism, I never gave her p00p about it, and vice versa. Though many discussions were had over some differences. It worked well, even though the relationship did end after about 5 years. We are still friends to this day though. I just spoke with her 2 days ago about my health problems.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Of course I wasn't really a Christian back then either. Now that I think back on it, so maybe that helped.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

Yes .

But unforunetly it's was falling in scammers illusion in chat Western websites, not real love. end by send me money :D

dfnj

I've fallen in love with every single girl I've ever met. Women are fascinating in every aspect to me. Maya has no boundaries!

Enoch07

Premium Member
I've fallen in love with every single girl I've ever met. Women are fascinating in every aspect to me.

I've been guilty of this lately myself. The only turn off for a woman for me at this point is solely their disposition!

Jumi

If you want to convert them, you don't love them for what they are. But do you think they will be happier if you change who they are, or are you happier if you're with someone more like you? Which is the greater motive...

In general me and my wife have the same views. But, id advice someone fall in love not with someone who believes the same stuff as you, but who holds the same values and goals and practices as you. Go in the same life direction.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Yes. My views are quite unique, so if I fall in love, it's almost certain they'll have a different set of beliefs. And no, they did not convert me to their beliefs, though I did attend services (and played the bass) at her church.

Milton Platt

It does happen all the time. In my case, it never happened, however.

dfnj

My fiancè is a wicca practitionair but it does not bother me at all.

Yes it does otherwise you would not have mentioned. It's like purposed telling a black person you are not a racist. Sometimes you can't see what it looks like what you are saying. A skunk can't smell his own stink sort of thing.

Of course, I'm not sure what saying a skunk can't smell his own stink to someone means by me saying it!