• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnation/Past Lives

ajay0

Article on an English woman who claimed to be the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian priestess..

Woman Who Claimed To Be The Reincarnation Of An Ancient Egyptian Priestess

While the above explanations are surprising and hard to believe, Omm Sety had convinced many skeptics that she was actually the reincarnation of an Ancient Egyptian priestess. In fact, Omm Sety physically pointed out where to find the Temple Garden. They were found after a careful excavation by archaeologists. She also led the archaeologists to a secret tunnel at the north end of the Temple. All these discoveries were based on the memoirs of Omm Sety.

Omm Sety also stated that under the Temple of Seti I there was a library vault containing religious and historical records. This excavation has not yet been done.

ajay0

Article on Shanti Devi, a famous case study of reincarnation...

https://www.boldsky.com/yoga-spirit...ous-case-of-reincarnation-144306.html?story=3

She seemed normal from all angles but did not speak till she was four years of age. Around this age, she started to talk about a place in Mathura a place nearly 75 miles away, where she lived her previous lifetime. She recalled all the shops and streets of Mathura in detail and spoke about her husband, who appeared fair with a wart on his left cheek and wore reading glasses.

Firstly, they thought it was all an imaginative prattle by a precocious kid. But when she revealed her husband's name, a family friend decided to help Devi and sent a letter to Kedar Nath Chaube, a merchant in Mathura, writing about Devi and her past life memories. Kedar Nath confirmed all this to be true and set out with a relative to Devi's home to test the authenticity of her words. To test her, he brought the relative before Devi and said he was Kedarnath to which Devi violently disapproved and pointed at Kedarnath and said he was her husband. Her child Navneet from her previous incarnation was brought to her upon seeing whom she burst into copious tears.

As Sceptics Investigate Her Case......

At this juncture, Mahatma Gandhi set up a committee to explore this case in depth, a dozen researcher also joined Devi and her parents in their train journey to Mathura on November 24, 1935. "As the train approached Mathura, she remarked that by the time they reach Mathura the doors of the temple of Dwarkadhish would be closed in the exact Mathura language 'Mandir ke pat band ho jayenge.'

wellwisher

And how do you know that?
How are the two similar? How will the DNA of a dead person arise in a new body?

I said similar. Genetic theory and evolution assumes each generation passes genes forward; via natural or human selection. Most people who feel they had past lives, today, tend to have past lives from many generations previous; ancient Egypt. I can see how genes from earlier times, are conserved, with the brain sometimes able to piece this together. This is more of a tribute to our higher human potential.

When I was younger and was learning about reincarnation; my teens, I always felt I had an Asian Connection in terms of reincarnation. I could relate better to the East. My disposition was closer to the East, than to the West. I even had a repeating dream, that I would someday meet and fall in love with this Asian Girl; from the past and future? Days before we would finally meet, I had a dream about her, being a sorceress.

I would meet her 10 years later after the first dream and few days after the last dream. We would meet, eventually fall in love, several years later, after the trials and tribulation of a stormy beginning, only to become separated, by fate, once again. This all would happen during my original brain research, into the inner self and the operating system of the brain.

Our up and down start; helped me generate lots of good unconscious mind data, and allowed me to form an awareness of the cross sexual programing of our male and female firmware. We both changed from the cross programing. Her change was more natural, while mine was more deliberate as a scientist collecting data. She then unknowingly helped me get the update process jump started, and then I drove her away.

The earliest delusion of the prophesy indiction; start of the uninstall process, after we had found our center, made me feel her and I were the two anointed ones, whose fate was to be offered as human sacrifices; beast from the abyss would wage war and overcome them. She tried to pull me back, but I was too under the influence of the runaway uninstall. As I floated away, I pushed her away; to safety and back to the land of my dreams. Her internal example of love, helped me to overcome the difficult confrontation with the Satan subroutine.

We would meet again after the update, process ended, but we were both very different and we never were able to come back together like the short time when were were cross connected. She sometimes still appears in my dreams; bing.

Apostle John

“Go ahead, look up Revelation 6”
Any suggestions for a decent, relatively easy to read book(s) presenting case examples and possible evidence? Obviously there are probably a thousand out there, so I'm hesitant to blow money on a Kindle book that turns out to be garbage. Thanks.
Noted your post is over a decade old I don’t know of any easy to read book. But evidence of reincarnation? I remember vaguely discussing this topic in a rare religious education lesson at school 40 plus years ago. The teacher put forth various reasons for the ‘evidence’ (which I think was people that had been hypnotised and spoke in strange ‘olde world’ dialects) and asked everyone what they thought. I can’t remember what answer I gave for it back then.

I now know demonic spirits can talk through people, using them as a vessel and would be able to do this when a person is under hypnosis. Also the boom in human population two centuries ago, recorded by history shows that human to human reincarnation would be rare if it exists. In all likelihood, given the impending Tribulation, you’d be born again as an animal if reincarnation is allowed by God and that’s a big if because it’s not taught in the Bible.

ajay0

A pdf booklet by Geoffrey Hodson of the Theosophical society on reincarnation in early Christianity.

Members of the Christian faith sometimes object to the doctrine of reincarnation on the grounds that to accept it would be a violation of Christian doctrine. While it is true that a Council of Constantinople in the sixth century A. D. pronounced belief in the pre-existence of the soul to be heretical, an examination of the Scriptures strongly suggests that the doctrine of rebirth was generally accepted in those days and that Our Lord himself believed it. Whether this be the case or not, the student of the Christian doctrine may well ask whether a decision made by a group of men in the sixth century should be regarded as binding today.

This objection to reincarnation by Christians, on grounds of doctrinal fidelity, is sufficiently important to merit a somewhat detailed examination. From this it is found that reincarnation has neither been proclaimed nor condemned by any general council of the Church or by any creed accepted by a general council. The Council of Constantinople held in 543 A.D., which proclaimed heretical Origen’s teaching of the preexistence of the soul and affirmed the doctrine of special creation, was not a general council, and so not universally authoritative. It was a local and not an ecumenical council or synod. Furthermore, it did not condemn reincarnation but only pre-existence, which has nothing to do with rebirth.

ajay0

Review article on a book by a police detective exploring his past life as a painter through regressive hypnosis and his detailed investigation afterwards.

Police Detective Robert L. Snow had never given much thought to reincarnation and past lives; it wasn’t within his frame of reference. His life was concrete and dealt with only what could be proven. However, a friend challenged him to test his beliefs and recommended a psychologist for regressive hypnosis.

When Snow regressed to his life as the painter, J. Carroll Beckwith, he found the experience so vivid and realistic he began to question what it was. Convinced it was all his imagination, Snow was determined to find a “logical” explanation for what he had experienced. Using police investigative techniques, he embarked on a quest to disprove the evidence in his regressions. However, he was unable to ignore the fact that he may have “experienced something tremendously profound and important.”

Carroll Beckwith was a moderately known late 19th to early 20th century painter who lived in New York and Paris. Snow’s search for Beckwith’s paintings and information on his life was long and tedious as there is no central registry of paintings in the U.S. and Beckwith’s work had not been exhibited since 1911. His step by step investigation took him thousands of miles away from home and through reams of papers and books, including 15,000 pages of Beckwith’s diaries. Instead of disproving his experience, Snow verified 26 of 28 facts in his regressions.

Snow says: “I have recently accomplished something no one has ever accomplished before. I have uncovered evidence that proves beyond a doubt the existence of a past life. The evidence I have uncovered in this two year investigation is so overwhelming that if it had been a criminal case there would be no plea bargaining. A conviction would be assured.”

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Any suggestions for a decent, relatively easy to read book(s) presenting case examples and possible evidence? Obviously there are probably a thousand out there, so I'm hesitant to blow money on a Kindle book that turns out to be garbage. Thanks.
Try reading about time distortion in hypnosis. Hypnosis unlocks powerful creativity, and a person under hypnosis can create memories if the hypnotist suggests it. You need to be aware of this when picking books that claim to be evidence of reincarnation, since very often reincarnation accounts come as a result of hypnotic trances. The only book I can find, right now, is an expensive textbook though. Sorry about that. I have encountered cheaper books in libraries, so if you check on Worldcat.org you may find something more accessible without having to front money for a textbook.
Time Distortion in Hypnosis by Cooper & Milton

ajay0

Article on reincarnation as an ancient Celtic and Irish belief...

Reincarnation is a Latin word, meaning "entering the flesh again." As far back as the 1st century BCE, Alexander Cornelius Polyhistor wrote that the Gauls teach “that the souls of men are immortal, and that after a fixed number of years, they will enter into another body.”

Julius Caesar wrote of the Celts in his ‘De Bello Gallico’ that “the principal point of their doctrine is that the soul does not die and that after death it passes from one body into another ... a firm belief in the indestructibility of the human soul, which, merely passes at death from one tenement to another; for by such doctrine alone, they say, which robs death of all its terrors, can the highest form of human courage be developed.”

Although these writers are referring to the Celts of Europe, it is reasonable to suppose that the Irish people of the same time period may have held similar beliefs. Indeed, there is much evidence to support this in the stories of Irish mythology.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member

ajay0

An interview with Dr. Brian Weiss from 2011...

3. It is said that memories of past life are nothing but one’s imagination. Please clarify. In addition, there has been a lot of criticism about your thesis on Past Life Regression. What is the harshest criticism that came your way and how do you deal with that?

As a psychotherapist I know that imagination does not have a long-term curative effect by itself. I have had patients speaking foreign languages that they have never heard or studied. I have had patients who have found their families from past lives after therapy sessions in which they recalled specific validational information. Others have known detailed historical facts that they never studied. So it is much more than imagination.

The harshest criticism has come from other psychiatrists who never studied regression therapy, who never tried it with their patients, and who therefore have uninformed opinions. These criticisms were worse in the 1980’s and 1990’s, but I find less of this resistance now.

ajay0

Article on 7 year old fashion designer prodigy Max Alexander, who claims to be Gucci in a past life...

Max Alexander, a seven-year-old couture design prodigy has hit the headlines for claiming that he is the reincarnation of Guccio Gucci, the founder of Italian fashion house, Gucci.

Max's first collection was completed in Summer 2021 and culminated with the overwhelming success of his first runway show in Bel Air, California.

While most first-graders couldn't name the founder of Gucci — let alone know anything about him — 7-year-old Max Alexander believes he has a deep connection to the famed designer.

Max, a dressmaking prodigy who has been designing and creating clothes since he was 4 years old, tells PEOPLE he was Gucci in a past life. "I actually was," he says with confidence.

Max and his mom Sherri Madison recently chatted with PEOPLE about Max's impressive work as a dressmaker, which includes getting commissions from celebrities and selling his clothes around the world.

Madison says she didn't initially discover Max's design skills, and it wasn't until he announced his interest in dressmaking at 4 years old, that she noticed his talent.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
University of Virginia is a nice old university. Why are they wasting their money on reincarnation studies?
I'm sure I could find many examples of research into certain ideas that was considered a waste of time.

Google bard put it well

...it is important to remember that even the most seemingly "useless" studies can sometimes lead to important discoveries. For example, the study that showed that electric fans can make you feel cooler was later used to develop new cooling technologies. So, while some scientific studies may seem like a waste of time at first, they can sometimes lead to important advances in knowledge.

And another question:

Yes, the germ theory was considered a waste of time in its era. At the time, the prevailing theory of disease was miasma theory, which held that disease was caused by bad air. This theory was based on the observation that people were more likely to get sick in areas with foul-smelling air, such as swamps or sewers.

The germ theory, on the other hand, held that disease was caused by tiny organisms that could not be seen with the naked eye. This theory was proposed by a number of scientists in the 19th century, including Louis Pasteur and Robert Koch. However, the germ theory was met with a great deal of skepticism, and many people believed that it was a waste of time.

One reason why the germ theory was so controversial was that it was difficult to prove. The tiny organisms that caused disease were too small to be seen with the naked eye, and it was difficult to culture them in the laboratory. As a result, many people believed that the germ theory was just a theory, and that there was no scientific evidence to support it.

Another reason why the germ theory was controversial was that it challenged the status quo. The miasma theory was the prevailing theory of disease, and it was supported by the medical establishment. The germ theory, on the other hand, challenged the authority of the medical establishment, and it threatened to change the way that medicine was practiced.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
...it is important to remember that even the most seemingly "useless" studies can sometimes lead to important discoveries.
Ah! So you think that research on reincarnation may lead to some useful discovery which may not be related to reincarnation. However, I doubt that.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ah! So you think that research on reincarnation may lead to some useful discovery which may not be related to reincarnation. However, I doubt that.

That was not the point I was trying to make.

Putting on my science hat, my point is that there's quite a bit of carefully researched reports that show something is happening for which reincarnation is one explanation. The next step would be to have a separate group try to replicate the research.

Skepticism in science is warranted. Dismissing the evidence out of hand is not.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Putting on my science hat, my point is that there's quite a bit of carefully researched reports that show something is happening for which reincarnation is one explanation. The next step would be to have a separate group try to replicate the research.

Skepticism in science is warranted. Dismissing the evidence out of hand is not.
OK. Let us see where their research leads.
The problem that I see is that only Psychiatrists are involved, none of them from other science.
I do not have much faith on Philosophers and Psychiatrists, unless they have studied science.
They can sure carry on with whatever they are doing, thanks to the endowment of USD 1,000,000 from Chester Carlson.

Last edited: