• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnation/Past Lives

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
OK. Let us see where their research leads.
The problem that I see is that only Psychiatrists are involved, none of them from other science.
I do not have much faith on Philosophers and Psychiatrists, unless they have studied science.
They can sure carry on with whatever they are doing, thanks to the endowment of USD 1,000,000 from Chester Carlson.
I agree that other disciplines should be involved.

ajay0

News article of a minor boy claiming to be reincarnation of his maternal grandfather...

Minor boy says he's reincarnation of maternal grandfather; calls grandmother his 'wife' in Mainpuri, an Indian language.

Eight-year-old Aryan claims that in his “previous birth” he had gone to water the fields, when a poisonous snake had bitten him due to which he had died.

He also claimed that his mother was his daughter and not his mother, and that his maternal uncles were his sons.

ajay0

Article of a minor boy claiming to be a reincarnation of a famous baseball star.

All of this could have been dismissed as simply a normal childhood fixation for a little Californian boy, but his family had no connection with the sport and couldn’t explain where this sudden interest in it had come from.

That is until, aged just two, he began to share his memories with his mother – memories that appeared to be from a past life.

‘One night at bedtime, Christian told me, out of the blue, that he had been a “tall baseball player”. I agreed that one day he would be a tall player but he corrected me, insisting he had been one,’ says Cathy, 54, an estate agent.

‘I didn’t think much of it at first, but as time went on, and his speech and vocabulary improved, he began to make more of these strange statements.

‘He said he would travel by train to games with his team, they didn’t wear batting helmets in those days, and they played by day because the stadium had no lights at night. He talked about staying in hotels and being on planes when he was ‘big’ saying: ‘I didn’t wear seatbelts and I drank alcohol.’

ajay0

Article on Amy Weiss, a social worker and daughter of Dr. Brian Weiss, delving on her past life as an old man in the Middle Ages who was persecuted due to prejudice.

ajay0

No, I have not read these books. I am aware of Dr. Jim Tucker and his works though.

I am more familiar with the works of Dr. Brian Weiss, and to a smaller extent the works of Dr. Ian Stevenson and Dr. Michael Newton.

ajay0

Article on Arnall Bloxham, a British hypnotherapist who spent over 20 years tape-recording hypnotic sessions with subjects whose memories apparently regressed to former incarnations.

The 400 cases that make up the Bloxham Tapes are of ordinary people who lived humdrum lives and whose memories of previous "lives" are equally ordinary, although studded with circumstantial information that seemed as if it could be corroborated. For example, the tapes detailed the account of a Welsh housewife who described the massacre of Jews in twelfth-century York, a press photographer who claimed to have seen the execution of Charles I in Whitehall, London, in 1649, a Welshman who told of life aboard a frigate as a press-ganged seaman in Nelson's Navy. Some of the subjects, like the Welsh housewife, recalled six or seven previous lives.

When an acquaintance first suggested to BBC producer Jeffrey Iverson that he should visit the renowned hypnotherapist Arnall Bloxham in their shared home town of Cardiff, he had little expectation of it coming to much. Bloxham was by then nearly eighty years of age, but for the past twenty years he had been regressing subjects back into previous lives, and had tapes from sessions with more than four hundred subjects to prove it.

Despite his initial skepticism, Iverson made a number of visits and spent many hours listening to the tapes, becoming increasingly intrigued. Like most people he had accepted the misconception that people always claim to remember only famous and exciting lives, yet here he encountered regression after regression that was ordinary, humble, and often somewhat boring. Not only that but many subjects used entirely different voices and words from their normal conscious personality. But he also knew that the only way to satisfy his mounting curiosity would be to concentrate on cases containing detailed and obscure historical facts that might be verifiable. This he did, even bringing in the famous journalist and broadcaster Magnus Magnusson to assist in the investigation. The results were aired in 1976 in a BBC documentary entitled “The Bloxham Tapes,” accompanied by Iverson’s book More Lives Than One. Between them they caused quite a stir.

ajay0

Article on reincarnation...

Dr. Jim Tucker, a psychiatrist and past-life researcher at the University of Virginia, discovered that the vast majority of cases he investigated involved people who remembered past lives as men, not women. He wondered if gender had something to do with why some people remembered living before.

Upon further analysis of over 2,000 cases, he determined the cause was likely due to another factor. 30% of the cases he studied involved a past life of someone who had died a natural death. These cases were evenly split between males and females, reflecting the general population. However, of the remaining 70% of cases, where the past life ended in an accidental or unnatural death, a whopping 73% involved males.

These percentages mirror death statistics almost perfectly. Far more men than women die unnaturally. Men tend to have more dangerous jobs, fight in wars, and get into more bar fights. Therefore, Dr. Tucker reasoned that someone may be more likely to remember a past life if it ended in a violent or unnatural death.

rocala

Thanks for your posts to this thread @ajay0, I read a book about Arnall Bloxham long ago and was utterly intrigued by it. I later saw a T.V. programme from Australia which included Gwen MacDonald being brought to England after hypnosis. This increased my interest enormously.

This youtube video contains the piece about Gwen Macdonald. It begins at 1:08:40

Last edited:

ajay0

ajay0

Article on Dr. Michael Newton, a counselling psychologist, hypnotherapist and author .

Dr. Newton says that initially, he had no belief in an afterlife or reincarnation. However the sheer consistency of the thousands of past-life hypnotherapy sessions which he’s conducted forced him to conclude that yes, reincarnation is real, and that we all go on from one life to the next.

Dr. Newton describes what happens when we die. We meet our teacher, who is our spirit guide, and then we rejoin our soul group. We have time to reflect on our past life, and trainings to prepare us for the life to come. He emphasizes that there is no punishment after death: the afterlife is a place of love and compassion. Eventually, we choose our new body and mind in the Life Selection Room – which is really an energy state and reincarnate to learn further lessons.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
My Guru explained why it's more likely for children to remember. Some folks think that the transition is sudden, but it's not. The body that is the closest to the physical body is the astral body, where mental activity takes place. When somebody dies, the astral body slowly starts to disintegrate, but it's a slow process ... sloughing off. The soul, when it enters the new body in the womb, spends some time 'hovering' (even before the woman gets pregnant) but doesn't truly enter fully until the first independent movement of the fetus. Even after that, it can leave for brief moments, like during sleep. Meanwhile, the old astral body is still around going through its dissipating process, which isn't really complete for another 3 or 4 years, and varies by individuals. So a child sometimes is still 'thinking' or having thoughts from the old astral body. But once the new astral body, slowly getting built up around the soul body, can stand by itself, with the new developing physical body and mind, the old astral body is no more, and the child can't remember a thing.

Also this process is about as diverse as we are, on this plane.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Grandfather told my mother once that he'd been a Roman soldier, in a previous life. Apparently a trip to an old Italian town had triggered these 'memories'. Very peculiar thing to say. Coming from him. A stoic and reserved man. Not known for flights of fancy and tall tales.
Grappa can have some strange effects.

ajay0

A Lebanese-American lady's account of her sister Heba's past life memories .

She was just 3 years old when she first declared that her name was Nada, and pretended to prepare sandwiches for her “husband,” Amin, to enjoy when he came home from work.

When my mother mentioned this, a friend said she knew of a woman named Nada who used to live a half-hour drive from our town. Nada had died, but had been married to a man named Amin. A few days later, Nada’s mother and sister knocked on our door and said they had heard about Heba. (Word gets around in small villages.) They asked if Heba would visit their home to see if she could recognize anything, maybe Nada’s room or her favorite nook. Out of politeness, my mother warily agreed.

At the house, Heba asked about an older woman who used to sit in a corner in one of the bedrooms. She must have been referring to Nada’s grandmother, who had since died, the family said. Heba also recognized Nada’s bedroom and remembered how she loved spending time in the family’s garden. They took those clues as confirmation that my sister had memories from Nada’s life.