• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnation/Past Lives

ajay0

An interesting article on postmortem survival....

https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/articles/postmortem-survival

A significant branch of psychical research is the study of evidence that human mind and personality survive the death of the body. Apparently strong cases of ‘spirit’ communication, past life memories and the like, are analysed to determine whether they can logically be accounted for only in terms of survival, or whether they may in fact be explained by other factors.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Any suggestions for a decent, relatively easy to read book(s) presenting case examples and possible evidence? Obviously there are probably a thousand out there, so I'm hesitant to blow money on a Kindle book that turns out to be garbage. Thanks.

I don't know about books but you may like this.

Fifty Years of Research | Division of Perceptual Studies

(PDF) [Evidence that suggest the reality of reincarnation]

I haven't looked too much into it. I believe that souls carry imprints of experiences in their pass through their actions. Geneticwise as well. Not reincarnation but that's how I'd see it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm looking for nonfiction books about the subject. Still haven't decided what I believe about life after death and have decided to do some investigating on this, since most in my religion believe in reincarnation of some sort. I'm more or less agnostic at this point.

One interesting movie about reincarnation I watched years ago was Yesterdays's Children, in which a character played by Jane Seymour becomes convinced she was a poor single mother in 1930s Ireland, and it's fairly convincing. She even meets her "sons," who are old men. I hope to see it again and buy it someday.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Do you know what you believe about death itself?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
When you're already convinced something is baloney, no amount of experts or books would move you to even think about it, let along pick up a book and actually read about it.

Can children tell their stories of former lives as they do in the media (marks, etc) or are there other ways you can tell instead of and/or stories and marks?

Maybe a way not really recognized in studies?

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Can children tell theyr stories of former lives as they do in the media (marks, etc) or are there other ways you can tell instead of and/or stories and marks?

Maybe a way not really recognized in studies?

For me personally, other stuff included 'hovering' where a particular soul wanted into our family, and both my spouse and I felt the presence. (It didn't get in, but another did, that was also 'hovering') And of course many psychics or sages claim to be able to know their own past lives, or that of others. This is as adults. It would only take one to be correct, for proof of reincarnation. So yes, it's not only children's stories or birthmarks.

ajay0

An interesting article by Ken Wilber on the doctrine of reincarnation in the mystical traditions of the world, including Christianity....

Death, Rebirth, and Meditation – Integral Life

Some type of reincarnation doctrine is found in virtually every mystical religious tradition the world over. Even Christianity accepted it until around the fourth century CE, when, for largely political reasons, it was made anathema. Many Christian mystics today now accept the idea. As the Christian theologian John Hick pointed out in his important work Death and Eternal Life, the consensus of the world religions, including Christianity, is that some sort of reincarnation occurs.~ Ken Wilber

rational experiences

Veteran Member
We all know human sex a physical chosen act creates new life.

The female womb memory has blood to nestle the formation. Conscious memory itself if new life.

DNA said science can own multiple reforming of the same factors. Hence the same DNA pattern can be relived by a human life owning a variation to its physical expression.

A memory.

Why the spirit of a human says it becomes reborn.

Physical body death is a conscious witness also. The human who does not die knows the life is ended.

Which is observation.

After life of a deceased human is bodily changes.

What theme reincarnation owns is only human stated.

A cell beginning of life hence will always begin as a higher state to create formation of self presence when returning the DNA patterning back into new life.

Why humans owning their unique DNA quote it chose to live again as it survived.

ajay0

Hi rational experiences,

This is a resource thread devoted to articles and books on reincarnation. I had stated the same in a previous post in this same thread.

Reincarnation/Past Lives

If you have any debatable comments on reincarnation, put it in the religious debates forum, to ensure the thread is not derailed from its original purpose. I will answer your queries to the best of my knowledge.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Hi rational experiences,

This is a resource thread devoted to articles and books on reincarnation. I had stated the same in a previous post in this same thread.

Reincarnation/Past Lives

If you have any debatable comments on reincarnation, put it in the religious debates forum, to ensure the thread is not derailed from its original purpose. I will answer your queries to the best of my knowledge.
Book writing is just a human thinking writing books.
Or do you say book writing is higher than thinking?

I wasn't debating as reincarnation is a human thesis as a living human. To think.

Thoughts aren't resources.

ajay0

Book writing is just a human thinking writing books.
Or do you say book writing is higher than thinking?

I wasn't debating as reincarnation is a human thesis as a living human. To think.

Thoughts aren't resources.

As I said, this is a resource thread devoted to articles and books on reincarnation and recorded facts.

There is a difference between vague speculation and facts. I have seen many delusional people under the spell of vague speculation without relying on facts, thinking up superficial clouds of thoughts endlessly and wasting their lives without realizing the truth objectively for themselves.

"A few observation and much reasoning lead to error; many observations and a little reasoning to truth." ~ Alexis Carrell

ajay0

Interesting reincarnation article of a four year old child remembering his past life as a talent agent in Los Angeles.

The Hard Science of Reincarnation

The most convincing cases, he realized, all involved young children, generally between the ages of 2 and 5, who spoke in great detail of places they had never visited and people they had never met.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Interesting reincarnation article of a four year old child remembering his past life as a talent agent in Los Angeles.

The Hard Science of Reincarnation
Humans are self owned from sperm and an ovary.

First two innocent spiritual adults owned two adult human bodies.

Had sex.

Our conscious memory is any human X two of one experience.

Human.

DNA exhibits it can be exactly re born.

Yet the self was self biological owned.

Hence if the eternal being is real. It is the unconditional loving being having a human experience.

An adult body first.

Would prove and allow a little child to exhibit adult memory not their own.

Why we learnt when we die one only self life. We are an eternal being until the same human DNA is recreated again.

As we did in fact get separated from the eternal.spiritual.body only because earths ground heavens mass had filled in separation itself...
Space emptiness.

Should believe it is real as water did not evolve it's form to become a human. The state protecting us from radiation....sciences machine state beginning process.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
A document on cases of reincarnation in India with reference to birthmarks and birth defects ...

https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.493.677&rep=rep1&type=pdf

One of our children had a birth defect. She had a patch of very different coloured hair at the same spot on her head as she had been killed in the previous lifetime. (Sri Lankan war) The widow and kids moved over here during the war, and we became close.

As the new astral body and personality of this lifetime grew, the patch of hair faded.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Humans are human. Biology.

The biology is human sex created only a physical action.

A baby forms by the sex act.

Notice sperm is in a man humans body. Ovary in a female humans body.

Biology lives dies decomposes into microbial form bacterias. The end of form.

Beginning form a whole human.

As science human status. self presence first to be a theist.

So theism establishes beginnings are only said by a human in biology.

If anomalies exist first you would state a human physical by sex lived died. Ended. Before memory.

How could a sexually created human be inherited if they died in a past?

Recorded bio life in water abducted taken is real. Recorded.

Yet water recording owns no other state.

The eternal spirit the same spirit unconditional body being however owned the lost life still communicated to.

As first parents came out of spirit direct into the ground atmosphere. Converted into biological water life.

Proof the eternal spirit is real. Proof it still exists. Proof we live an eternal life at death. The eternal not in creation. Water recording remains in creation.

Half of lost lived life that we waited by cooling evolution to be life ground returned. Science nuclear never allowed our healing. It keeps it above us dealing with fallout causes.

As the record of the pre life is inter relative to the eternal spirit owning a new conceived life. Is communicating to old records similar DNA body conceived communicates to new life.

Eventuates into a human healing.

Communicates the past experience half life we don't live anymore as the heavens evaporation took it.

DNA is biological and Inherited life by sex only.

How we learnt about life lost in heavenly damages in humans biological presence.

Why father in the heavens the first human scientist took half of lived life away. Water mass.

Once we never died we just biologically disappeared. Why we said our holy life was converted by science causes.

As we were taught in the human experience.

If it weren't true we would not be so aware of created states.

ajay0

Dead teenager comes home after eight years as an eight year old Indian boy claiming he had a rebirth...

'Dead' Teenager Returns Home After 8 Years, Claims He Had Rebirth

Uttar Pradesh: Boy says he 'died' 8 years ago, goes to old home, claims he had a rebirth

Rohit Kumar, the thirteen-year-old son of Pramod Kumar from Nagla Salehi village in Uttar Pradesh's Mainpuri district, had died on May 4, 2013, from drowning in a canal near Kanpur while taking a bath.

On August 19,2021, Chandraveer alias Chotu, eight year old son of Ramnaresh Shankhwar, a resident of the nearby village, Nagla Amar Singh, came to Pramod Kumar and said he was his son Rohit in previous birth.

He claimed he had a rebirth and identified Pramod and Usha Devi as his parents.

On meeting his 'previous' family, Chandraveer, started narrating stories from his previous birth. He also identified his sister.

Enthralled by his reincarnation stories, villagers soon gathered at Pramod's place to listen to Chandraveer's tales.

Meanwhile, when Subhash Chandra Yadav, the headmaster of the village's former secondary school, stopped by, Chandraveer immediately identified him and touched his feet ( to show respect as per Indian tradition) and said, "This is Subhash, sir," .

Villagers took Chandraveer to the same school where Rohit studied earlier. Teachers asked him questions that Rohit could have answered.Surprisingly, Chandraveer answered them correctly, according to the report.

Chandraveer's father Shankhwar said his son would always talk about reincarnation since childhood and insisted on coming to Nagla Salehi.

They feared losing him and avoided bringing him to the village.