• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Regal Cinemas to check bags. Seriously?

Poisonshady313

I think all theaters should have internet cafe's, copy centers, sell books and comics, toys, software, games etc., but they don't. They let all their market walk right out after the movie is over!
I'm not sure how you think any of that will help anyone. Running and maintaining a cinema is quite involved, I don't think them running a retail business at the same time is very practical. Plus, moviegoers are already spending a lot of money. Most theaters already have a small arcade. Being asked to stick around and spend even more money will just annoy people.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Overall, it's a smaller part of our economies system of perpetually funneling more-and-more money upwards.

But people pay it. They keep paying to see the tired stories with very expensive special effects and actors.
Like the people who shop at WalMart and then complain about the lack of jobs in the USA.
Tom

Brickjectivity

One
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure how you think any of that will help anyone. Running and maintaining a cinema is quite involved, I don't think them running a retail business at the same time is very practical. Plus, moviegoers are already spending a lot of money. Most theaters already have a small arcade. Being asked to stick around and spend even more money will just annoy people.
A lot of theaters are purposedly added into new mall complexes, because they have a draw. Newer planned shopping malls tend to have a theater, a bookstore and restaurants located near each other. I have seen this in suburban areas in Richmond and in Raleigh among other places, and malls want movie theaters. The moviegoers will leave the theater and wander into the mall, or they will hang out in the mall to go into the theater. Think about how much retailers pay per square foot to be in a mall. The theater must be getting a deal from the mall, because otherwise how could it pay such high rent?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A lot of theaters are purposedly added into new mall complexes, because they have a draw. Newer planned shopping malls tend to have a theater, a bookstore and restaurants located near each other. I have seen this in suburban areas in Richmond and in Raleigh among other places, and malls want movie theaters. The moviegoers will leave the theater and wander into the mall, or they will hang out in the mall to go into the theater. Think about how much retailers pay per square foot to be in a mall. The theater must be getting a deal from the mall, because otherwise how could it pay such high rent?
Here, theaters in malls have shut down because the owner can get higher rent from retail tenants.
All new theaters built here have been separate structures in lower cost areas.
Developers only give a deal on rent to their anchors, ie, stores which draw high traffic, eg, major department stores.

Brickjectivity

One
Staff member
Premium Member
Here, theaters in malls have shut down because the owner can get higher rent from retail tenants.
All new theaters built here have been separate structures in lower cost areas.
Developers only give a deal on rent to their anchors, ie, stores which draw high traffic, eg, major department stores.
The mall is OK as long as its within reasonable distance of a theater, bookstore, coffee shop, etc. It doesn't need the theater on premise.

Poisonshady313

My local theater is part of a mall. The mall was built in 1987, and the theater was a part of it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Around here, in one city one of the malls did have a theater, but that theater closed down many years (it's a Chipotle, now) and the one that was by the other mall became to the main one. The main one was torn down in a new one built, that that mall isn't even a mall, but rather a JC Penny, Buffalo Wild Wings, and a ton of empty spaces. In another city, the old theater was located just outside of town, next to a vet, and several blocks from an ice cream shop. The new is still kinda out of town, close to a housing edition, which is close to low income/sliding scale mental clinic.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/regal-cinemas-institutes-bag-checks-theater-attacks-210809496.html

Check the link out. This is just leaning closer towards a police state. Why would anyone feel comfortable with this? I don't see how being violated and treated like a criminal makes me feel safe.

Big Brother is watching you! Your retinas are being scanned daily by the NSA via your cell phone camera. The Man is coming for you. It is all a c-o-n-spiracy to control you.

Look into my eyes... (does some stupid hypnotic gesture)

Theweirdtophat

Big Brother is watching you! Your retinas are being scanned daily by the NSA via your cell phone camera. The Man is coming for you. It is all a c-o-n-spiracy to control you.

Look into my eyes... (does some stupid hypnotic gesture)

These exaggerations don't help. It's common sense that a government who is corrupt would try to spy on you, invade your privacy and control you. People have went through corrupt governments since ancient times. Don't you think it'd make sense a corrupt government could use our more advanced technology to spy and take down any resistance, much like a 1984-like future? Why is this idea so implausible? Think of the American colonies under British rule and how they oppressed them. Don't you think that if England has such technology they would use it to their advantage. Is the idea of a corrupt government using technology to their advantage really such a difficult concept for you to grasp? I guess never in history there's there been a corrupt government or a country that wanted to take over the world... Except Rome, Russia, England, France, China, Greece, China, ect.

Do people really think that America is immune to corruption? Totalitarianism has happened to many countries so why would America be the exception. I'm not going to say I wear tin foil hats and worried that everyone is watching me. I'm just open minded enough to see past the crap.