• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

reflection in a mirror

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
When you look in to a mirror, is it your self you see? or who is the person in the mirror?
Question is related to the post about ego.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
When you look in to a mirror, is it your self you see? or who is the person in the mirror?

When you look in the mirror, you see the light reflected from the mirror. That light has the same wavefront as light coming from a person behind the mirror, so it looks like there is a person behind the mirror,

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Although this is not a bad question, I think the better question would be: When you look into a mirror, who do you hope to see?
Also a very good way to form the question yes :) and often people see what they "want" to see, and not the actual body

Thief

Rogue Theologian
hopefully.....a reflection that can stand before God and heaven

I believe heaven seeks a reflection of it's self

it is written.....heaven is within you

BSM1

What? Me worry?
hopefully.....a reflection that can stand before God and heaven

I believe heaven seeks a reflection of it's self

it is written.....heaven is within you

When I say this out loud people give me funny looks...

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Isn't it more interpreted than created? Wouldn't the laws of physics that says matter cannot be created or destroyed also apply here?
When we see something we investigate what we see but a question that arise is, is the physical wold actually real? or is it our mind that create it from our thoughts?
Example is when we sit in deep meditation and experience that the world around us and the body disapear. can we say that the world exist then? it is not so that only when we use the 5 senses that we can experience the world as seen with our physical eyes?
When the wisdom eye (third eye) opens we can see that the world is not as physical as we was taught?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
When we see something we investigate what we see but a question that arise is, is the physical wold actually real? or is it our mind that create it from our thoughts?
Example is when we sit in deep meditation and experience that the world around us and the body disapear. can we say that the world exist then? it is not so that only when we use the 5 senses that we can experience the world as seen with our physical eyes?
When the wisdom eye (third eye) opens we can see that the world is not as physical as we was taught?

I don't disagree. However, over time I have determined that we exist in what I see as a "concrete illusion". In other words, if you step off a tall building you will probably fall to your death. No matter how much you wish to believe that gravity is an illusion, it is not. But if you want to look at the entire experience of living this episode you may find that the premise is a contrived riddle, an illusion. If you accept this part of your existence as the illusion, you would have no emotional reason to step off the building in the first place, imho.