• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reaping the effects of rejecting Yahweh’s Word

InChrist

Free4ever
As well as the fact that getting hormones or surgery is incredibly difficult. And you can’t get either until you’re 16+, so the exploiting children or whatever is nonsense.
Indoctrination, grooming, and confusion starts when children are much younger prepping them for drugs, surgeries and more later.

Kelly of the Phoenix

No Kelly. I asked because in Jewish tradition, pronouncing God's name is blasphemy. I have personally seen them getting so affected with it's pronounced. They typically use the word Ha Shem instead of pronouncing the Tetragrammaton. That's why I asked this question him being an "Israelite".
But why does it matter? I get called many names.

Kelly of the Phoenix

It doesn't matter which god you believe in. The doctor claimed to be a woman and wanted people to accept the person as a woman. Now this person is in the armed forces, I believe. And of course people get pregnant in jail with so-called transgender people in the same block. Now I am wondering exactly what genes can be changed to make a man into a woman? It doesn't matter though. You got your ways and others have theirs.
Gender identity is irrelevant. A rapist is a rapist. Anyone of any gender can be a rapist.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Gender identity is irrelevant. A rapist is a rapist. Anyone of any gender can be a rapist.
True enough but now I wonder even if they can change their physical appearance can they change their genes? Although I do know that one body can literally grow in another's body and tragedies have resulted by forcing a gender on someone. Nevertheless, sexual violence is violence, no matter what.

InChrist

Free4ever
@InChrist I think Dr. Sabine Hossenfelder's (theoretical physicist) following video is a decently science based and mostly unbiased examination of Trans-athletes:

In the video she reveals several studies that verify what @asherjaechester has proposed in their post.
That was interesting, but as you said focused on athletes. It didn’t really address studies concerning brain structure if transgenders or prove that trans individuals have the type of brain (male or female) they identify with. From what I have read there are no major differences between male or female brains, other than size, anyway.

You Don’t Have a “Male or Female Brain”: Studies Weaken Theories of Human Brain Sex Differences

“But as a neuroscientist long experienced in the field, I recently completed a painstaking analysis of 30 years of research on human brain sex differences. And what I found, with the help of excellent collaborators, is that virtually none of these claims has proven reliable.”

You Don’t Have a "Male or Female Brain": Studies Weaken Theories of Human Brain Sex Differences - Neuroscience News

“Research in neuroscience consistently confirms that although sex-based differences exist in regions of the brain, there is no 100% ‘male’ or ‘female’ brain and that all children are born with the potential to develop their own unique characteristics of behaviour, interests, talents and personality, regardless of their biological sex.

Is it possible for the sex of your brain to mismatch your body?
For this to be true it must first be shown that male and female brains are different in the first place. In reality male and female brains do not look very different from each other. In fact it is very difficult for experts in the area to reliably tell them apart. Gina Rippon, Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience at Aston University, has given a fascinating and enjoyable talk at the Royal Institute last year summarising the latest scientific thinking in this area link to video here

The 'Pink and Blue Brain' Myth - Transgender Trend

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
Is it possible for the sex of your brain to mismatch your body?
My answer is "no". To think such is to put a negative spin on it anyway. Perhaps their brain is too dense of gray-matter for their conscience to give a prevalence of one gender over another... or vice versa and their conscience identity is too 'gender-free-spirited' for their material brain to effectively expressing. :shrug:

I like this perception/description of the brain:

upload_2022-6-6_13-45-49.jpeg

Neither male nor female, but possibly both. Traits that are recognized to lean towards one gender or the other statistically, and some of them could possibly be debated on which gender is stronger represented by each sentiment, if either. :wink:

Last edited:

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
Gina Rippon, Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience at Aston University, has given a fascinating and enjoyable talk at the Royal Institute last year summarising the latest scientific thinking in this area link to video here

I think this was my favorite part of this lecture (20min. remaining at the time of posting this):
upload_2022-6-6_14-51-10.png

Edit: The last 10-15 min. were examples of data or statistics supporting the idea that the largest factors in a person's neurological attributes, are social pressures and social support of varying degrees of positive and negative effects on the individual.

Edit²: As I am out of time and must commute to work, I was only able to listen to the first question, but her answer would seem to agree with me. "Get rid of the damned boxes, if the boxes are causing such pain."

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
I think this was my favorite part of this lecture (20min. remaining at the time of posting this):
View attachment 63535

Edit: The last 10-15 min. were examples of data or statistics supporting the idea that the largest factors in a person's neurological attributes, are social pressures and social support of varying degrees of positive and negative effects on the individual.

Edit²: As I am out of time and must commute to work, I was only able to listen to the first question, but her answer would seem to agree with me. "Get rid of the damned boxes, if the boxes are causing such pain."
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate hearing your perspective.

Messianic Israelite

Not really no. No nation on Earth keep the laws and traditions of the Ancient Kingdom of Israel and its successor states to this day in its entirety. It would be deemed insane in many cases (death penalty for eating shrimps or having tattoos for example). Sure there are still Jews and the Ancient Hebrew civilization have ''descendants'', much like the Ancient Romans or Greek, but it's not a living civilization.

I think Yahweh's laws are largely garbage. This one is particularly stupid.

If bigots spent as much time worrying about murders or armed robberies as they spend worrying about trans people, I would take them a little bit more seriously.

Hi epronovost. Good evening. In the Assemblies of Yahweh we keep the Laws of the Bible and follow Yahshua’s example by doing so. In terms of the death penalty for certain sins, you may not realize this but not all crimes in the Bible resulted in a death penalty, only the more heinous ones. You say Yahweh’s laws are largely garbage, but this is your opinion. It’s a misguided opinion because the Laws of Yahweh produce good fruit in the lives of the believers. Not like what you have today where so much confusion is evident from the rejection of Yahweh’s Word. But I am curious, why do you say that the law I refer to, clearly showing a divide between female and male roles, as stupid. I’m a mental health support worker, and I’ve noticed that the majority of women themselves do not desire to do roles more accustomed to men such as railway maintenance which requires heavy lifting, hammering etc. I would say that this Law is not stupid, but to say that women and men are equally capable of fulfilling the same roles is stupid. It’s true that a woman may well be capable to do many things a man can do, but there is still a divide between men roles and women roles. Scientifically we know that women and men are built differently.

Now to address the last point you made. You elude to the idea that I’m a bigot because I’m not concentrating on armed robberies and murders. Armed robbery and murder hasn’t entered my workplace. Trans rights have, as a result this effects a good portion of my life. Further, I speak out against all evil, but most people should know that armed robbery and murder is wrong. Most people do not seem to know that gender reassignment is not Biblical either. That’s why I wrote about it in this post. Nothing bigoted about focusing on the issues that we confront. Unfortunately, I’ve found many trans people and trans supporters to use this argument, that we should be focusing on other issues and it’s just a way to lessen the importance of an issue that confronts millions.

Messianic Israelite

It amazes me how some conservatives spend so much mental energy anguishing over the fact that trans and non-binary people exist. When the world is so full of actual, serious, pervasive problems - gun violence, war, poverty, homelessness, climate change - the thing that gets their attention more than all of that, the thing they think their God is most incensed about is the fact that some people who were born as men identify as women.

It really is tragic that these conservatives cannot get past this. LGBTQ+ people are not going anywhere. We are not a threat. Please focus your energy on issues that are actually harming the world.

Hi Left Coast. Good evening. It "amazes" me that people as yourself aren't concerned with the trans movement. It's unraveling the very fabric of society. I am concerned with all the violations of the law including gun violence and war however, these things haven't entered in to my workplace. They are certainly other sinful things that have entered in to my workplace such as lying among service users, character assassination and other verbal infractions, however, the trans movement is by far the most far-reaching and having the most unsettling effect among service users. Therefore to answer your question, I will focus my attention on things which are harming the world and this is one of them.

Gender reassignment doesn't work. Any sensible person who has undergone puberty should realize they cannot reproduce proper working genitalia for those who (say) have metoidioplasty or phalloplasty. It doesn't work. Is that transphobic to say? So what you are left with is women and men, who can't have proper sex, who have undergone surgery to look like their preferred gender, but nothing functions as it's supposed to. And you say this isn't harming the world? How about the fact that the only long term study tells us that 7-10 years they are the most suicidal group, after surgery. But that’s transphobic to say. And suicide doesn't just effect those who choose to end their lives, it effects many more people - family, friends, children, wives, husbands.

It's confusion on the highest order. And it all stems from a lack of peace and a belief in science that science has the answers to their problems.

Messianic Israelite

That's their business, not the church's, which only adds to the difficulties of being transgendered in a majority Christian culture. Christian advice would be to just tough it out in one's biological gender, which is also a source of unhappiness. Such people will encounter difficulties whatever path they take, even without the church persecuting them. Christianity has nothing helpful to say to them. It has no answers to those problems. The choices seem to be gender dysphoria by not acting, and a life of hormones and bigotry.

I'd say that that is going in the wrong direction. Christians assume that their religion's moral dicta facilitate good behavior, personal happiness, and societal well-being, but I see the opposite.

Society will prosper from getting further from the Bible. It already has many times. Humanist values are much more likely to create societal happiness and well-being. The humanist community is not beset with scandal like the Christian community. Humanism has no Palins or Duggars, You say society could use more biblical influence, but look at where the Bible has its greatest influence, places such as the Catholic church. We can do better than that without religious influence.

And the church's reply to all of its failures? Those weren't true Christians. Of course they were. That's the only kind there is. Some are good people and some are failed people, with the ratios being much worse than in humanist communities. A major difference is that humanism is the embodiment of the Golden Rule, something Christianity gives lip service to even as it goes on treating people in ways that Christians would not want themselves treated. It's why the humanist community is at peace with and supportive of the transgendered even as the church labors to make their lives as miserable as it can. Shame on the church.

Now you're contradicting yourself. First you advocate for more Bible to bring "peace with our gender, with our life," and then you say that nothing will help before the apocalypse. Humanism can. Humanism is sensible and decent. Christianity is neither. It claims the moral high ground for itself, but its track record is miserable. It's results have been disappointing. It's program for people building is a failure compared to humanism.

Look at the number of anti-science people it produces. Look at the number of poor thinkers it generates making the worst arguments here on RF. Look at how readily they become anti-vaxxers and support the Republican party. You won't see that with humanists. Look at the humanists on RF. You'd consider them your best Christians if they called themselves that, if they said they believed in Jesus but rejected the church's understanding of his message and substituted its own. At last, you would see Christ-like behavior. Those are people you would call true Christians if they identified as Christian.

Here are two now. I like this exchange between these two atheist hosts of a cable call-in talk show and a Christian caller. From CHRISTIAN Negates His Own MORALITY - The Atheist Experience - YouTube This nicely illustrates the people building tendencies of these two traditions. These humanists are absolutely disgusted with this Christian:

Tracie (humanist: "You either have a God who sends child rapists to rape children or you have a God who simply watches it and says, 'When you're done, I'm going to punish you' .. If I were in a situation where I could stop a person from raping a child, I would. That's the difference between me and your God."

Shane (Christian caller): "True to life, you portray that little girl as someone who is innocent. She's just as evil as you."

Matt (humanist): [click] Goodbye, you piece of ****. I was a better Christian than you when I was a Christian and I still am.​

Sorry, but the world needs less of this, not more. Yeah, I know, the caller is not a true Christian or a good person, and the humanists, who are good people, are stealing from Christianity.

I understand how angry words like mine make Christians, and I would have no reason to outline the failures of Christianity were Christians not taking credit for it that it doesn't deserve and implying that the move to secularism was harmful to society. But you did, and therefore so did I to set the record straight.

It Aint Necessarily So. Good evening. Wow. I’ve heard that argument before: “It’s their business”, or “what they do with their lives isn’t our problem”. Do you have any idea how appalling that attitude to me is? We’re commanded to show love to our neighbour. Yahshua taught it. There’s even a Law in the Hebrew Scriptures in Deuteronomy 21 that clearly shows us that even if they were a death that occurred near a city, the city closest to the death would take responsibility for it. No, Yahweh’s Law is loving. It doesn’t say “that’s their business”, it says, if you find an ox or an *** of your enemy and it’s gone astray, you’re to bring it back to them (Exodus 23:4). You make it your business in other words.

Have you ever talked to someone who has undergone gender reassignment? Have you ever listened to them break down, to tell you that it was a mistake. To tell you that they thought science had the answers but it didn’t. That the adaptation to their genitalia (for want of a better word) hasn’t been what they expected and that they want to change back. I’m telling you it doesn’t work, but these transitioners are under the impression it does before they go to surgery. Have you considered the implication of healthy girls with healthy breasts, removing them because they have an idea some day that being a man would be more suitable for them. Or how about the 1 individual I heard about who has had 7 surgeries, 1 heart attack, a pulmonary embolism, 17 rounds of antibiotics and the doctors don’t care because “it’s their business”. I don’t know if I can get it through people’s hearts and minds. Gender reassignment is not natural. People that go for it, may suffer from gender dysphoria, maybe not. If they do, I sympathize, but at no point will I ever recommend that someone goes ahead with gender reassignment. Counselling would be preferred, not like today where as soon as someone says they are questioning their gender, they pump them with hormones or hormone blockers and cart them to surgery. They are ruining the lives of people and the only one who is winning out of this is Big Pharma.

Messianic Israelite

Well, first I don't think it is a question that a 1st grader would ask. Given that the question did come up the only correct answer would be that not all family units are the same. Some have two mothers, some two fathers, some a father and mother. What is important is the love that holds that family together.

Pearl. Good evening. Some family units have two mothers. Some have two fathers. Some have parents who identify as a giraffe and a walrus. Some have one who identifies as an demon and a 80 foot giant. But it’s the love that’s important isn’t it? No, Yahweh’s family structure is perfect. A husband, a wife and children. In order to love our children, we have to give them the truth. People with mental disorders are hardly going to provide conducive environments for proper development for a child unless they first get the help they need.

Messianic Israelite

And yet Israel and Judah were destroyed. God isn’t very good at government.
Hi Kelly of the Phoenix. Good evening. Yahweh has a supreme form of government and it is pyramidal. In the Elohim family, there is order. The angels do his bidding. It's man that's the problem, that doesn't fulfill the directions of Yahweh's government. Judah went in to captivity. And the 10 northern tribes never returned. However, a remnant has remained to this day. They went in to captivity - we learn in the book of Lamentations and other places - for sin. During King David's reign, Yahweh's righteous form of government was elevated but even King David failed Yahweh by committing adultery with Uriah's wife. So it's best not to look at man's failings, but look at Yahweh's Elohim family and study the righteous government system through the Law of Yahweh. I'm sure you'll find it interesting.

Messianic Israelite

Wait - you managed to maintain these bigoted attitudes while being a mental health support worker? I'm both impressed and appalled... kinda like when I hear about a YEC geologist.

For your professional development courses, do you just put your fingers in your ears until it's over?
Hi 9-10ths_Penguin. Thank you? No, it hasn't been easy being a mental health support worker with the liberalism that has encroached in to the workplace, but I manage. Yahweh's Law gives me strength. I'm empathetic. If someone's hurting, I hurt with them. That's what I'm told my main strength and weakness is. I can spend hours talking to people who are considering suicide, or harming themselves.