• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real vs fictious divinity

questfortruth

There are several million gods on the planet. In what sense "there are no gods"? Are they not real? In what sense are they not real? Describe then what the Real God should be.

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You claim, that there is no objective reality. Is it your subjective opinion?

No, I claim that reality can't be reduced down to either being only objective or only subjective.

This has nothing to do with you or me in particular nor religion or not. Rather there are relevant to the ways of approaching right/true/proof and so on at least 2 ways of doing it: Yours where there is one truth and mine, where there are several different ones, that doesn't add up to one truth.

So if you in effect claim a subjective truth to you as objective for us all, I just do my subjective truth, which is different than yours. That is all. In effect if you e.g. claim everything is X and X is subjective, I figure that out by testing if I can do non-X.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
There are several million gods on the planet.

Several million claimed gods on the planet.

In what sense "there are no gods"? Are they not real? In what sense are they not real?

Just because a thing is claimed to be real, doesn't mean it actually is real.

Describe then what the Real God should be

You can start with an entity that can be shown to be real outside of people's heads.
We'll even leave the "god powers" aside for a second.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Several million claimed gods on the planet.

Just because a thing is claimed to be real, doesn't mean it actually is real.
You can start with an entity that can be shown to be real outside of people's heads.
We'll even leave the "god powers" aside for a second.

That is apparently not possible, because you know through your mind. Nobody in recorded history have solved that one. To know something independent of the mind seems not possible because you know dependent on that knowing happens in your mind.