• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rate my Turban(?)

xkatz

LOL, I wouldn't know how to rate it at this point.

Looks better than last time.

You know what you should do, put something fancy like a gemstone in the middle of it. :p

Thanks.:)

As for the gemstone thing, people don't put gemstones in middle of the turban but some do put khandas in the middle like this,

3461685085_828b7640a7_m.jpg

singhs.jpg

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Looks a lot better, can see the improvements.

I'd try and get the triangular point if I were you though, personally. I think it looks neater and tighter. What do you think of the turban tying vids, btw? Have you found them to be useful?

xkatz

Looks a lot better, can see the improvements.

I'd try and get the triangular point if I were you though, personally. I think it looks neater and tighter. What do you think of the turban tying vids, btw? Have you found them to be useful?

I find that getting the triangular peak can be annoying and unnecessary. I have seen Sikhs who have "round" style turbans. Besides, it fits much better this time IMO.

As for the vids, they are somewhat useful but I still have difficulties tying. Perhaps my biggest problem however is getting the material to fold neatly; when I try to fold it, I cannot seem to get it right and it always ends up bunched up :(

Last edited:

Onkara

True X Katz :) You look more desert combat style with it round on the front. I like it like that too ;)
TurbanEURulingMail.jpg

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I can imagine it being difficult. I've always found it to look cute though. :D

From the vids, it looks like they fold it very tightly to get rid of all the creases and stuff, maybe? Are you stretching it out all the way, and making sure to keep it straight? It's probably something annoyingly minor that's making it bunched up. :D

xkatz

I can imagine it being difficult. I've always found it to look cute though. :D

From the vids, it looks like they fold it very tightly to get rid of all the creases and stuff, maybe? Are you stretching it out all the way, and making sure to keep it straight? It's probably something annoyingly minor that's making it bunched up. :D

I have tried folding it very tightly, but as I said I keep on failing miserably at it :faint:

SadhSangat

Medic!
Lmao I still have others tie the proper turban for me. Takes me FOREVER. I just tie the Parna (the round version) and I dont wear the khanda in it since i stopped Gatka.

xkatz

Lmao I still have others tie the proper turban for me. Takes me FOREVER. I just tie the Parna (the round version) and I dont wear the khanda in it since i stopped Gatka.

Well the round version is also worn by Sikhs so it too is technically proper. And yes the the other way of tying seems to take longer for me as well.

Last edited:

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
How's that beard coming Broham? ;)

*beard enthusiast...
photo.php
58395_1553494513214_1110694089_1587052_6226046_n.jpg
n1110694089_176308_9745.jpg
n1110694089_199197_5720.jpg

:namaste
SageTree