• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rapture Letter (Automatic Email Sent Out to Specified Recipients After the First Resurrection)

SoyLeche

meh...

I have no idea what the history of this particular photograph is. It may well be all in the visual spectrum.

This site is interesting if you are so inclined though: HubbleSite - Behind the Pictures - Meaning of Color
Guess I took too long researching :)

I'm thinking that either way, even if you had a powerful enough telescope to look through, you aren't going to be able to see the image as it appears in the photo. You probalby need a much longer exposure time than your eye is able to provide. (Note: I am not a photographer nor am I an astronomer)

FFH

Veteran Member
I could be wrong - but aren't most of those photos really taken in parts of the spectrum that we can't see (x-rays, etc) and then the color is added so that we can distinguish what is happening?
This Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237) is close enough that a COLOR photo could be and WAS taken.

"The Rosette Nebula spans about 100 light-years across, lies about 5000 light-years away, and can be seen with a small telescope towards the constellation of Monoceros"

Quote from this NASA LINK...
NASA DIRECT LINK TO THIS PURE COLOR NASA PHOTO OF THE DAY (ROSETTE NEBULA) NGC 2237

SoyLeche

meh...
This Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237) is close enough that a COLOR photo could be and WAS taken.

"The Rosette Nebula spans about 100 light-years across, lies about 5000 light-years away, and can be seen with a small telescope towards the constellation of Monoceros"

Quote from this NASA LINK...
NASA DIRECT LINK TO THIS PURE COLOR NASA PHOTO OF THE DAY (ROSETTE NEBULA) NGC 2237
It can be seen, sure - but can it be seen in color? Again, going back to the exposure time needed to tease out the colors.

FFH

Veteran Member
It can be seen, sure - but can it be seen in color? Again, going back to the exposure time needed to tease out the colors.
Tonight, about an hour after dusk, look into the sky (lower northern sky) and there is a star that "flashes" RED, light BLUE and WHITE.

I'm not saying this is the Rosette Nebula, all I'm saying is that you can CLEARLY see color (RED and BLUE) with the naked eye, no telescope needed.

There's also one in the WEST, but it's only visable for a short time.

Last edited:

SoyLeche

meh...
Tonight, about an hour after dusk, look into the sky (lower northern sky) and there is a star that "flashes" RED, light BLUE and WHITE.

I'm not saying this is the Rosette Nebula, all I'm saying is that you can CLEARLY see color (RED and BLUE) with the naked eye, no telescope needed.

There's also one in the WEST, but it's only visable for a short time at dusk.
I know that I can see color - I see it all the time. You're never going to get the type of contrast as is seen in the picture without using some pretty sophisticated technology though - so what Christ really did was give a rose to a handful of astronomers, and they passed it on.

FFH

Veteran Member
I know that I can see color - I see it all the time. You're never going to get the type of contrast as is seen in the picture without using some pretty sophisticated technology though - so what Christ really did was give a rose to a handful of astronomers, and they passed it on.
Like I said, few notice or care.

Jesus created this world and shows signs in the heavens and on the earth and FEW pay attention or even care to give it a second thought.

FFH

Veteran Member
Hand of God Nebula
Hand00.jpg

This NASA photo was taken April 3 2009 (THE EXACT DAY IN HISTORY WHEN JESUS CHRIST WAS CRUCIFIED)

Christ crucified image can be seen in the hand.

Christ's head is located in the palm of the hand and Christ's two arms are stretched out into the thumb and pinky finger, as if he were nailed to a cross, his head tilted down and off to HIS right.

The red rock (meteor in this Hand of God NASA image) is the DD45 2009 meteor/asteroid that nearly hit the earth on March 2, 2009, but the HAND OF GOD prevented it from hitting us.

GOD IS FULL OF MERCY AND COMPASSION FOR HIS CHILDREN WHOM HE LOVES WITHOUT MEASURE.

Asteroid 2009 DD45

Video of DD45 2009 Metoeor/Asteroid

NEO Asteroid 2009 DD45 from Canberra

Asteroid 2009 DD45

Last edited:

SoyLeche

meh...
This is NOT a black and white photo with color added.

This is a PURE COLOR photo, enhanced/clarified a bit.

ROSETTE PHOTO TECHNICAL DETAILS (see photo # 9)

ROSETTE NEBULA
It's a photograph that required an exposure time of 1 HOUR in order to make (it looks like it took 3 separate 1 hour exposures, but I'm not familiar with the technical details). I can accept that the photo was taken in the visual spectrum, and as such there isn't really a need to add the color artificially, but still, without the equipment - you ain't seein' this thing.

FFH

Veteran Member
Few HAVE THE CAPACITY to notice - and I'm not talking about a spiritual capacity. Not many people have the equipment required to see this image for themselves.
A quick google NEBULA search and I found it (THE ROSETTA NEBULA) in about 5 minutes skimming through the google pages, at page 12 on a "NEBULA" google image search.

Here's the link where I found this Rosetta Nebula NASA Photo of the Day (Feburary 14, 2007).
Google Image Search: NEBULA

Like I said, few notice or care to even look at these NEBULA and see what God is saying.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Doctrine and Covenants 29: 14 (LDS scripture)
But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath;

Doctrine and Covenants 45: 40
And they shall see signs and wonders, for they shall be shown forth in the heavens above, and in the earth beneath.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Sorry FFH , what part of god is this?
A rose from Jesus. :eek:

Explanation: Would the Rosette Nebula by any other name look as sweet? The bland New General Catalog designation of NGC 2237 doesn't appear to diminish the appearance of the this flowery emission nebula. Inside the nebula lies an open cluster of bright young stars designated NGC 2244. These stars formed about four million years ago from the nebular material and their stellar winds are clearing a hole in the nebula's center, insulated by a layer of dust and hot gas. Ultraviolet light from the hot cluster stars causes the surrounding nebula to glow. The Rosette Nebula spans about 100 light-years across, lies about 5000 light-years away, and can be seen with a small telescope towards the constellation of Monoceros.

[FONT=georgia,serif]NASA pure color NASA Photo of the Day for Valentines Day Feburary 14, 2007 (ROSETTE NEBULA) NGC 2237[/FONT]

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Wow FFH,
Thanks for the great pics that show our magnificent universe at work.
If only Carl Sagan were alive today to see the beauty of the natural cosmos on full display.
Isn't the random chemical reactions of seeming chaos a wonder?!?!