• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rapture and Transformation

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
For anyone who likes to read and who is interested in the Rapture of the church and all believers who will have their mortal bodies transformed in the twinkling of an eye into immortal, glorious bodies like Jesus’ resurrected body, here is a link to a long article on the subject, part 1...

Last Days, End Times: The Rapture; Part 1 of 2 :: By Tom Tillman - Rapture Ready

What are your thoughts?
One of the many come-and-failed "last days" predictions that have been going on for 2000 years.

74x12

For anyone who likes to read and who is interested in the Rapture of the church and all believers who will have their mortal bodies transformed in the twinkling of an eye into immortal, glorious bodies like Jesus’ resurrected body, here is a link to a long article on the subject, part 1...

Last Days, End Times: The Rapture; Part 1 of 2 :: By Tom Tillman - Rapture Ready

What are your thoughts?
Whoever is alive --and saved-- will be caught up together with Him in the air. They won't go to heaven yet. They are caught up to greet Him in the air as He returns as they used to in --the ancient Israel-- go out to greet anyone returning from a long absence from home. Then they'll all come down to the earth together.And yes they will be transformed at that time. But I'm just saying I don't believe in two comings of Jesus. Just one return. The dead in Christ will rise first then everyone will be caught up to meet Him in the air. Then they return to earth.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I recall when I when first exposed to this belief in the so-termed "rapture" of the church. It seemed so fantastical, in a magical way. This was all new to me then.

I then recall how one of the church members was telling me all about it, and how that it could happen any second, and that if you were sinning at the moment it happened, you'd get left behind. That really struck me as horrifyingly unfair. But what did I know? They had all the scriptures lined up to point me to see that it matched exactly what they said. (A magic trick that anyone can perform with a little practice).

But the whole idea of and focus on the rapture, the 2nd coming, armageddon, tribulation, lake of fire, saved and unsaved, etc, eventually became much more of a distraction from what I saw in God, which was Love. All this other stuff was interesting, curious, but certainly shouldn't have all the attention it gets. It was all about getting your luggage ready, so Jesus can come rapture you away from this stink hole existence here on this earthly home of ours.

Where is the Presence of God for them? Why is everything about a battle between good and evil, and them getting out of this world for a better home, not seeing the Beauty that was there in everything here in this world. It was all about the afterlife, not about this life. It's all about getting saved, being holy and pure, having the right beliefs, and everything about themselves on a cart to heaven named me, me, me.

I left them not too many years after first seeing this with that whole "rapture" 2nd coming obsession. That is all a distraction from this world here. Individuals who are illuminated, or enlightened by God, to put a finer point on it, realize that "rapture", right here, and right now in this world, in everything, and everyone. That gets ignored, totally blocked out, when the focus is on escape.

That's what the whole "rapture ready" craze is. Escapism.

InChrist

Free4ever
One of the many come-and-failed "last days" predictions that have been going on for 2000 years.
The article makes no date predictions and I don’t think because an event the Bible refers to has not happened yet, means it is a failed prophecy.

2 Peter 3:3-8

InChrist

Free4ever
Whoever is alive --and saved-- will be caught up together with Him in the air. They won't go to heaven yet. They are caught up to greet Him in the air as He returns as they used to in --the ancient Israel-- go out to greet anyone returning from a long absence from home. Then they'll all come down to the earth together.And yes they will be transformed at that time. But I'm just saying I don't believe in two comings of Jesus. Just one return. The dead in Christ will rise first then everyone will be caught up to meet Him in the air. Then they return to earth.
Did you read the article? The idea you express is a common one , yet I think there are implications with that idea which don’t make sense and invalidate it. Just my perspective. Thanks for yours.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I recall when I when first exposed to this belief in the so-termed "rapture" of the church. It seemed so fantastical, in a magical way. This was all new to me then.

I then recall how one of the church members was telling me all about it, and how that it could happen any second, and that if you were sinning at the moment it happened, you'd get left behind. That really struck me as horrifyingly unfair. But what did I know? They had all the scriptures lined up to point me to see that it matched exactly what they said. (A magic trick that anyone can perform with a little practice).

But the whole idea of and focus on the rapture, the 2nd coming, armageddon, tribulation, lake of fire, saved and unsaved, etc, eventually became much more of a distraction from what I saw in God, which was Love. All this other stuff was interesting, curious, but certainly shouldn't have all the attention it gets. It was all about getting your luggage ready, so Jesus can come rapture you away from this stink hole existence here on this earthly home of ours.

Where is the Presence of God for them? Why is everything about a battle between good and evil, and them getting out of this world for a better home, not seeing the Beauty that was there in everything here in this world. It was all about the afterlife, not about this life. It's all about getting saved, being holy and pure, having the right beliefs, and everything about themselves on a cart to heaven named me, me, me.

I left them not too many years after first seeing this with that whole "rapture" 2nd coming obsession. That is all a distraction from this world here. Individuals who are illuminated, or enlightened by God, to put a finer point on it, realize that "rapture", right here, and right now in this world, in everything, and everyone. That gets ignored, totally blocked out, when the focus is on escape.

"Rapture" is part of the fear-level of consciousness where so many live. Your post is from the higher level where love is increasingly lived.

InChrist

Free4ever

Thanks for your thoughts.
I don’t see it as escapism, rather a blessed hope, as the scriptures describe it. Some people have become obsessed with the rapture in an unbalanced way, which is too bad. I see it more as a purifying doctrine which causes one to be focused on loving and serving God and others instead of self-centered agendas. I’ve not experienced any believer who thinks if one happens to be sinning at the moment of the rapture they would be left behind. Such an idea would then mean that all the responsibility is on the person, rather than Jesus Christ to be the Savior and Perfector of our souls.
Just my thoughts.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
OK, I’ll wait.
Such predictions and speculations have beaten the "boy who cried wolf" trope horse to an unrecognizable bloody pulp. But yet people still keep putting so much faith in them that some consider it a "great disappointment" when it doesn't happen. There is just no reason to believe this one is any different, because every prediction has revolved around this event or that, and certainly there have been some very strong claims, such as when the bubonic plague ravaged and devastated populations throughout Asia and Europe. They saw one of the Four Horsemen, but it wasn't the end.

leov

What are your thoughts?
"it is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”;e the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. 47The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven. 48As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. 49Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shallf also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
look up 1Cor2:14-15 what is natural (psychic, soul) and what is spiritual (pneumatic). Resurrection is when soul body become spirit bofy, basically enlightenment. Psychic nature does not recognise spiritual events and thusly needs bodily resurrection to understand this process.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What if they get sucked into the intake of a jet engine?

InChrist

Free4ever
Such predictions and speculations have beaten the "boy who cried wolf" trope horse to an unrecognizable bloody pulp. But yet people still keep putting so much faith in them that some consider it a "great disappointment" when it doesn't happen. There is just no reason to believe this one is any different, because every prediction has revolved around this event or that, and certainly there have been some very strong claims, such as when the bubonic plague ravaged and devastated populations throughout Asia and Europe. They saw one of the Four Horsemen, but it wasn't the end.
Sure there have been many people crying wolf and making false predictions ( which goes against the scriptures, BTW) and associating their predictions with various historical or current events, but the problem lies with those false predictions, not the biblical prophecies. The scriptures are clear that no one knows the hour or the day of Jesus coming to take believers and besides that His coming for the church is imminent, meaning it could happen at any time and as the scriptures say “as a thief in the night” or unexpected. So that means it does not have association with a catastrophe event. Therefore, I don’t think because people have make false predictions (who are not worthy of putting faith in), that the actual promise of Jesus to return (who is worthy of putting faith in) is invalidated at all.

74x12

Did you read the article? The idea you express is a common one , yet I think there are implications with that idea which don’t make sense and invalidate it. Just my perspective. Thanks for yours.
I admit I didn't because I didn't have time. I'll read it and get back to this.

sooda

Veteran Member

What are your thoughts?

Credit for the rapture's origin generally goes to John Nelson Darby.