• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rape that never happened

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have some more cases of false rape allegations in the news. They illustrate some great dangers which males face today:

University of Michigan Student Found Guilty of Sexual Assault & Expelled - No Trial, No Jury, No Witnesses, No Attorney - Freedom Outpost
Lawsuit: U-M unfairly kicked student out over sexual assault allegation | MLive.com
Rolling Stone Ducks Questions As UVA Rape Story Keeps Unraveling
And another darling of Rolling Stone.....
Lena Dunham to change name of attacker in book
Man who matches description of Lena Dunham's alleged rapist 'starts legal fund to clear his name and prepare for law suit against the Girls creator' | Daily Mail Online

- Rape is often a crime which has no physical evidence, & is simply the word of the accuser against the accused.
- The broader crimes of sexual assault & "creating a hostile environment" are ill defined, & can be applied with caprice & indifference to the accused.
- The state (eg, the University of Michigan) & the media (Rolling Stone) will presume a male's guilt without investigation, & impose punishment without due process.
- This confers great privilege upon females, who may wield unjust power over any male who might pique one's ire.
- As we see in the UofM case, even having a witness to the deed failed to exculpate the accused male.
- People who make false rape allegations generally avoid prosecution despite the great damage they do.

There's a problem with this extreme feminist component of the guilty-til-proven-innocent nascent police state: These accusations are so far & few between that to take precautions (eg, written agreement to have consensual sex, video recording, witnesses) seem awkward & even offensive. But without these measures, there's a kind of catastrophic lottery in which the wrong guy meets the wrong gal, & the wrath of the media & the state rain down on the feckless guy.

We must advocate for due process, prosecute those who make false legal claims, & punish malicious elements in the media like Rolling Stone with cancelled subscriptions & complaints to their advertisers. And guys....have a contract or a video camera before you put yourself in a vulnerable position. If she's the least bit tipsy, distraught or otherwise at risk for remorse, just say "no".

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
We have some more cases of false rape allegations in the news. They illustrate some great dangers which males face today:

University of Michigan Student Found Guilty of Sexual Assault & Expelled - No Trial, No Jury, No Witnesses, No Attorney - Freedom Outpost
Lawsuit: U-M unfairly kicked student out over sexual assault allegation | MLive.com
Rolling Stone Ducks Questions As UVA Rape Story Keeps Unraveling
And another darling of Rolling Stone.....
Lena Dunham to change name of attacker in book
Man who matches description of Lena Dunham's alleged rapist 'starts legal fund to clear his name and prepare for law suit against the Girls creator' | Daily Mail Online

- Rape is often a crime which has no physical evidence, & is simply the word of the accuser against the accused.
- The broader crimes of sexual assault & "creating a hostile environment" are ill defined, & can be applied with caprice & indifference to the accused.
- The state (eg, the University of Michigan) & the media (Rolling Stone) will presume a male's guilt without investigation, & impose punishment without due process.
- This confers great privilege upon females, who may wield unjust power over any male who might pique one's ire.
- As we see in the UofM case, even having a witness to the deed failed to exculpate the accused male.
- People who make false rape allegations generally avoid prosecution despite the great damage they do.

There's a problem with this extreme feminist component of the guilty-til-proven-innocent nascent police state: These accusations are so far & few between that to take precautions (eg, written agreement to have consensual sex, video recording, witnesses) seem awkward & even offensive. But without these measures, there's a kind of catastrophic lottery in which the wrong guy meets the wrong gal, & the wrath of the media & the state rain down on the feckless guy.

We must advocate for due process, prosecute those who make false legal claims, & punish malicious elements in the media like Rolling Stone with cancelled subscriptions & complaints to their advertisers. And guys....have a contract or a video camera before you put yourself in a vulnerable position. If she's the least bit tipsy, distraught or otherwise at risk for remorse, just say "no".

It's very sad that there are false rape allegations. I think this issue is particularly tricky because the line between making sure there's absolutely no doubt a rape claim is false and dismissing a genuine case of sexual assault can be extremely fine. The whole issue is pretty thorny and bound to make some people disgruntled at the end of the day, in my opinion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's very sad that there are false rape allegations. I think this issue is particularly tricky because the line between making sure there's absolutely no doubt a rape claim is false and dismissing a genuine case of sexual assault can be extremely fine. The whole issue is pretty thorny and bound to make some people disgruntled at the end of the day, in my opinion.
The underlined portion is the wrong focus. It should be about there being no reasonable doubt that the accused is guilty under our justice system. Anything less allows for witch hunts & lynchings.

dust1n

Zindīq
OP has a peculiar set of circumstances; never heard of anything like that.

However, false accusations are unfortunately as consistent as rape throughout history. An given how often no physical evidence is present in various sex crimes, it's going to be difficult to parse out fact from fiction.

I find it quite disgusting that there are people out there who are willing to frame innocent people for crimes in order to cover up something about their life, or any other selfish gain.

Misrepresenting rape serves no one.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I would like to see those two women put behind bars for the same amount of time he spent there.
Unfortunately, I think that the best scenario we have is that there is no prosecution for these false claims. Men falsely imprisoned like this need for the liar to have as little disincentive to come forth as they can.

Deidre

Something interesting to note, is that boys/men are raped more than women. (read a recent study on this, ironically) Yet, male to female rape gets the most press. Rape is an egregious act for anyone to go through, but the media tends to side with female accusers before a thorough investigation has been underway. Having said that, rape isn't the only crime that the media runs away with, in terms of convicting someone outside of the court of law, before they've had due process of law. I believe that false accusers should be prosecuted if the accused did not in fact rape that person.

Last edited:

Deidre

Let me say, my point of bringing that up isn't to get into a discussion about male vs female rape...my point is more that more men are raped, yet we don't hear about it as much as female rape, from a media/news perspective. Not sure of all the reasons behind that, really. It's just a fact I was bringing up, as it relates to how the media reports things,

Deidre

All should be taken seriously.

Yes, they all should be...but the media doesn't seem to report it as such. That was my only point of bringing it up...
Rape and sexual assault are crimes that are heinous, regardless of gender...but the media tends to pick and choose who are the most victimized, in their eyes. Both men and women are victimized, but we just don't hear it balanced like that, when it comes to the media.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Some interesting news to revive an old thread....
Columbia "mattress girl" case sparks lawsuit against university - Washington Times
The Columbia University student targeted by a mattress-carrying protester filed a lawsuit Thursday against the school, arguing that it failed to shield him from harassment even though police and campus authorities refused to pursue rape charges against him.
In a lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court, Jean-Paul Nungesser said the school engaged in gender bias by allowing him to be subjected to a hostile and intimidating learning environment.
The hostile environment was created, the lawsuit says, by the ongoing protest of fellow student Emma Sulkowicz, also known as the “mattress girl.”

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hmmmm. If he was actually guilty and then got off Scott free, I'd be tempted to say that he deserved a hell of a lot worse.
But he hasn't been found guilty.
Therefore, he's just as entitled to a hostility free environment as womenfolk.
Some women dishonestly or mistakenly accuse men of crimes.
Everyone is entitled to due process.
Denied that, he's entitled to damages from the perps.

Poisonshady313

Reminds me of the case of Timothy Cole. The rape happened, but he didn't do it. He was sentenced to 25 years. In the 25th year, he was pardoned. However, he had already been dead for 10 years.

He died of an asthma attack in prison. The rapist was said to have been smoking during the rape. And Cole never smoked because he had asthma. How this didn't come up before he was found guilty is a mystery to me.