• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Photos

not nom

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
thanks, and yup, I am just as fond of the lenses as of the camera :)

and actually, with average (or even crappy) lenses, 8 megapixels are not only enough, but way too much resolution! even my 100mm macro prime (<3) doesn't seem to quite "excess" 8mp, at 1:1 even perfectly focused stuff in the sweet aperture range isn't quite 100% sharp... so I'm not even sure more megapixels would mean any differences other than taking more time to transfer to the computer and process. probably not for web gallery sizes, and not for small prints either, and since I appreciate the slightly more rugged body of the 30D compared to newer models, I guess I'll upgrade when it breaks :D but after 5 years, no sign of that yet.

My first and only DSLR is a 40d which also has quite enough pixels at 10MPX. I though about the 30D as it was excellent value at the time, but there were sufficient advances to make my choice worth while.
The standard zoom that came with it was less than brilliant so I invested in a 17-55 f2.8 I have, but never use, longer lenses.
I agree that few people ever use the sizes that would benefit from more pixels. Mostly they just get additional problems.​

not nom

I was just bored waiting for a train, taking a photo of that train traffic light, as a train load of tanks passed by o_O

Last edited:

cablescavenger

couldn't find such a thread, I think there ought to be one.

they have to be your photos, no rules otherwise - the more, the merrier.

How do I post an image and in what format?
every time I try and post one I keep getting a failed post and an error message.

not nom

How do I post an image and in what format?
every time I try and post one I keep getting a failed post and an error message.

you have uploaded them somewhere?

if so, copy the URL of the image (you can get it by right clicking), the click the fourth button from the right (above the text field into which I am typing now), and paste the address. if that doesn't work for some reason, what's the error message?

cablescavenger

you have uploaded them somewhere?

if so, copy the URL of the image (you can get it by right clicking), the click the fourth button from the right (above the text field into which I am typing now), and paste the address. if that doesn't work for some reason, what's the error message?
I was right clicking the images, copy and pasting. I will try getting them off the net.

not nom

I was right clicking the images, copy and pasting. I will try getting them off the net.

just to be sure, you need to choose "copy image address" (or "image URL"), *not* "copy image" -- in most browsers you have both options, but they are very different! you want to the URL of the image as text, so you can paste it into the field that pops up when you press that "insert image" button of the forum.