• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Radical cleric issues fatwa supporting assassination of foreign leader

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How about that?!

Is it a valid excuse to say it is different when we do it? Oh wait, what would YOU know. With all of those upside down jumping kangaroos and backwards flushing toilets :mad:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
How about that?!

Is it a valid excuse to say it is different when we do it? Oh wait, what would YOU know. With all of those upside down jumping kangaroos and backwards flushing toilets :mad:
The gobsmackingly ridiculous thing is that the Usual Suspects will make the exact same arguments, only in all seriousness, and then get all butthurt when no one takes them seriously.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Christian right goes on about Muslims but they need to look closer to home, there are as many nut-jobs within their ranks.
The Christian left (Obama) issued a fatwa against Osama bin Laden.
And it was carried out.
Our problem appears to be religion in general...not just left or right, this or that faith.

ecco

Veteran Member
The Christian left (Obama) issued a fatwa against Osama bin Laden.
And it was carried out.

Long before leftist Obama, it was Right Wing Religious Conservative GWB.

Bin Laden is wanted: dead or alive, says Bush

By Toby Harnden in Washington

12:01AM BST 18 Sep 2001

PRESIDENT Bush said yesterday that he wanted Osama bin Laden, the Saudi exile, "dead or alive" in some of the most bellicose language used by a White House occupant in recent years.

"I want justice," he said after a meeting at the Pentagon, where 188 people were killed last Tuesday when an airliner crashed into the building. "And there's an old poster out West that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.' "

He then seemed to temper his remarks by adding: "All I want and America wants is to see them brought to justice. That's what we want."​

Our problem appears to be religion in general...not just left or right, this or that faith.

I don't think getting Bin Laden was religious. Even atheists like me wanted him caught or killed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

PRESIDENT Bush said yesterday that he wanted Osama bin Laden, the Saudi exile, "dead or alive" in some of the most bellicose language used by a White House occupant in recent years.

"I want justice," he said after a meeting at the Pentagon, where 188 people were killed last Tuesday when an airliner crashed into the building. "And there's an old poster out West that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.' "

He then seemed to temper his remarks by adding: "All I want and America wants is to see them brought to justice. That's what we want."​

I don't think getting Bin Laden was religious. Even atheists like me wanted him caught or killed.
We know that Bush issued a fatwa against bin Laden.
But the point is that liberal Christians will do the same.
You approved too.
Thus, it's independent of right v left orientation, & also
of religion (or lack).

Ellen Brown

They blame Islam because most are too ignorant to know that real Islam would not allow what Bin Laden and his flunkies did. The returners from ISIS often say that they have no Qurans, and do not pray. They are not real Muslims.

AND, there is that school of thought, though from a primitive mind, that these folk are "Fighters" for vengeance, though Islam does not support that idea. In the study of History, it is obvious that the west has been very userous of Arabs. Too bad we wanted the oil under them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They blame Islam because most are too ignorant to know that real Islam would not allow what Bin Laden and his flunkies did. The returners from ISIS often say that they have no Qurans, and do not pray. They are not real Muslims.
I'm not schooled in any religion. I don't know any scriptures of any religion.
All I know about them is what their adherents do. If people claim to be
of this or that religion, then I'm inclined to believe them. So when some
Christians claim that Catholics or Mormons aren't "real Christians", I'm
inclined to see the No True Scotsman fallacy.
Muslims have a great variety of beliefs. Some of them are violent &
oppressive. Some are peaceful & mind their own business. Whether
they read their Koran or not, if they say they're Muslim, I accept that.

There is no avoiding the fact that a great many (not saying a majority)
Muslims are dangerous, particularly to non-Muslims. If we examine
what Islamic theocracies are like, this too is a window into Islam.
We see cruelty & oppression even to their own, with a common belief
that we non-Muslims are evil. That poses a great danger to us.

In the news...
Why a seemingly unplanned terrorist attack at National Harbor is the hardest kind to prevent
His plan, after two years of following the Islamic State on the internet, was to harm "disbelievers," he said.
"I was just going to keep driving and driving and driving," Henry told investigators, according to court records. "I wasn't going to stop."

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member

AND, there is that school of thought, though from a primitive mind, that these folk are "Fighters" for vengeance, though Islam does not support that idea. In the study of History, it is obvious that the west has been very userous of Arabs. Too bad we wanted the oil under them.

I really have to disagree with all that. If the war cry is Allahu Akbar, then the leaders and followers are willing to fight and die for a "god". In this case, it's the god of Islam.

It's not different from the Crusaders' "in the Name of God".

In Europe, for many years, Catholics chanted "in the Name of God" while killing Protestants.
In Europe, for many years, Protestants chanted "in the Name of God" while killing Catholics.

I don't buy the "Not a Real (insert name of religion here)" argument. People can be motivated to fight and die for "Country". A much stronger motivator is fighting and dying for god.

Ellen Brown

I really have to disagree with all that. If the war cry is Allahu Akbar, then the leaders and followers are willing to fight and die for a "god". In this case, it's the god of Islam.

It's not different from the Crusaders' "in the Name of God".

In Europe, for many years, Catholics chanted "in the Name of God" while killing Protestants.
In Europe, for many years, Protestants chanted "in the Name of God" while killing Catholics.

I don't buy the "Not a Real (insert name of religion here)" argument. People can be motivated to fight and die for "Country". A much stronger motivator is fighting and dying for god.

Yes, OK, whatever.