• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racism against Muslims?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It struck me as really odd that a caucasian gal complained about racial discrimination against her,
saying it wouldn't happen to a caucasian. "Racism" has come to mean any political or religious slight.
Do middle eastern looking people suffer bigotry? Yes.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Its not a race issue at all. BUT, at same time it is as any non-black muslim woman is automatically assumed to be "arab".

And any "arab looking" man, is assumed to be muslim. Even people who don't look Arab, like Indians, are at times assumed to be Arab and muslim.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
I suppose, as a worldwide average, they probably engage in at least as much religious and cultural discrimination as they suffer from.

Ignorance and intolerance are a world wide problem. But the fact you bring it up here, seems as if you're trying to justify the discrimination of muslims.

F0uad

It says more about you than about me that you interpret my response in such a way.

I cant see how you can interpret it differently.

Back to the original topic, glad that i don't live in America i have a beard and if i was being watched, harassed and name called because i am a Muslim i would really be upset and leave admittedly.

F0uad

Also very telling.

Can you tell me how you interpret this:

I suppose, as a worldwide average, they probably engage in at least as much religious and cultural discrimination as they suffer from.

It seems to me its a justification instead of a condemnation and certainly when you added the highlighted area.
And people in my country are not looked upon if they are Christian, Jew or a Atheist and yes people in my country can wear religious clothing (crosses etc..) without being looked, harassed and bullied at the airport.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Back to the original topic, glad that i don't live in America i have a beard and if i was being watched, harassed and name called because i am a Muslim i would really be upset and leave admittedly.
It would depend a great deal upon where you live.
This is a very diverse country.
Similarly, I wouldn't judge the Islamic world by the more violent places in it.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali

I live in a city with a lot of muslims. There is occasional crap, but not a lot.

Worse has come from fellow white people too. Once when I was joking around with my now wife, some old white guy yelled at me telling me I am an idiot and need to watch myself since "in saudi arabia, they'd put a fatwa on you and cut your head off". And than some young white guys told me and my wife to "go back to where we came from". But Delaware is boring lol.

Really though FOud, it isn't all bad. Visit sometime :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Since Muslims aren't a race of people I can't classify this as racism. I believe Religious discrimination would be more accurate.

There may be a racist element to it, however. In many communities certain ethnical groups tend to be associated with specific beliefs (or perhaps vice-versa).