• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote of the day

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
encouraging-quote-planted.jpg

Plenty more here -

http://www.quoteambition.com/best-encouraging-quotes-words-encouragement/

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go. Just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.”

~ Mick Kremling

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"I find television very educational. Every time someone turns it on, I go in the other room and read a book."

~ Groucho Marx

Also try this search - quote make you smile - plus all the suggested searches!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Dogbert: "I've come to the conclusion that whats inside a person doesnt count because nobody can see it."

Dilbert: "I never knew you were such a philosopher."

Dobgert: "Thats my point!"

- Dogbert's philsophy on life

"Why does it seem as though I am the only honest guy on earth?"

"Your type tends not to reproduce."

- Dilbert & Dogbert

Dilbert Quotes

Scroll down to the bottom for the main quotes page link - it's one huge site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Even though you try to put people under control, it is impossible. You cannot do it. The best way to control people is to encourage them to be mischievous. Then they will be in control in a wider sense. To give your sheep or cow a large spacious meadow is the way to control him. So it is with people: first let them do what they want, and watch them. This is the best policy. To ignore them is not good. That is the worst policy. The second worst is trying to control them. The best one is to watch them, just to watch them, without trying to control them.”

~ from "Zen mind, beginner's mind" by Shunryu Suzuki

Shunryu Suzuki Quotes (Author of Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind)