• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote of the day

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven

~ John Milton

Please feel perfectly free 2 add your own!

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
FB_IMG_1437618869761.jpg

Jumi

“Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century:
Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others;
Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected;
Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it;
Refusing to set aside trivial preferences;
Neglecting development and refinement of the mind;
Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do.”
- Cicero

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings, I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others, I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”

~ Dalai Lama

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Most people only do the things they do because they are frustrated by their own suffering, even if it is just the subtle suffering of not experiencing all the happiness they can imagine."

~ Anon

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"We must be capable of loving all people, unconditionally. Is it asking too much to love an enemy? It may seem like an impossible undertaking, but it is based on a very simple observation: all beings without exception wish to avoid suffering and to know happiness. Genuinely altruistic love is the desire for that wish to be granted."

~ from "Happiness" by Matthieu Ricard

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/happiness.181474/

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The world as a whole has forgotten the real meaning of the word love. Love has been so abused and crucified by man that very few people know what true love is. Just as oil is present in every part of the olive, so love permeates every part of creation. But to define love is very difficult, for the same reason that words cannot fully describe the flavor of an orange. You have to taste the fruit to know its flavor. So with love."

~ Paramahansa Yogananda

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy,
it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.