• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote of the day

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“I wish I loved the human Race, I wish I loved its silly face, and when I'm introduced to one, I wish I thought "what jolly fun"!”

~ Walter Alexander Raleigh

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent being toward God. We see a universe marvellously arranged and obeying certain laws, but only dimly understand those laws. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations."

~ Einstein

Trantor - Quotes

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Pema-Chodron-300x300.jpg

115 Pema Chodron Quotes - Universoul Awakening

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It’s seeing through the facade of pretense. It’s the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.”

~ Adyashanti

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Perfect love is rare indeed -
for to be a lover will require
that you continually have
the subtlety of the very wise,
the flexibility of the child,
the sensitivity of the artist,
the understanding of the philosopher,
the acceptance of the saint,
the tolerance of the scholar and
the fortitude of the certain."

~ Leo Buscaglia

Love Quotes

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
My heart searched for your fragrance
in the breeze moving at dawn,
my eyes searched for the flower of your face
in the garden of creation.
Neither could lead me to your abode --
contemplation alone showed me the way.

Sarmad

Thanks for the link!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. They are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life’s pathway, the good they do is inconceivable."

~ Joseph Addison

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The quality of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts. Take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature."

~ Marcus Aurelius

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"It's not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something. May I suggest that it be creating joy for others, sharing what we have for the betterment of personkind, bringing hope to the lost and love to the lonely."

~ Leo Buscaglia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Mine to the core of the heart, my beauty!
Mine, all mine, and for love, not duty:
Love given willingly, full and free,
Love for love's sake — as mine to thee.
Duty's a slave that keeps the keys,
But Love, the master, goes in and out
Of his goodly chambers with song and shout,
Just as he please — just as he please.

~ Dinah Craik, Poems (1866), "Plighted"