• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote of the day

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
quotes-by-the-dalai-lama1-450x450.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The art of contentment is the recognition that the most satisfying and the most dependably refreshing experiences of life lie not in great things but in little. The rarity of happiness among those who achieved much is evidence that achievement is not in itself the assurance of a happy life. The great, like the humble, may have to find their satisfaction in the same plain things."

~ Edgar A. Collard

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

~ Albert Einstein

Mystery - Wikiquote

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Like the Hindu greeting "Namaste," which Ram Dass translates ... "I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are one." Wouldn't it be absolutely amazing if we could relate to every person who comes into our lives in this way?

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Away from the tumult of motor and mill
I want to be care-free; I want to be still!
I'm weary of doing things; weary of words
I want to be one with the blossoms and birds.

~ Edgar A. Guest

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Choice implies consciousness - a high degree of consciousness. Without it, you have no choice. Choice begins the moment you disidentify from the mind and its conditioned patterns, the moment you become present. Nobody chooses dysfunction, conflict, pain. Nobody chooses insanity. They happen because there is not enough presence in you to dissolve the past, not enough light to dispel the darkness. You are not fully here. You have not quite woken up yet. In the meantime, the conditioned mind is running your life."

~ Eckhart Tolle

http://www.spiritual-experiences.com/spiritual-quotes/

It's one huge site from first impressions ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Come live with me and be my love
And we will all the pleasures prove
Of a marriage conducted with economy
In the Twentieth Century Anno Donomy.
We’ll live in a dear little walk-up flat
With practically room to swing a cat
And a potted cactus to give it hauteur
And a bathtub equipped with dark brown water.
We’ll eat, without undue discouragement,
Foods low in cost but high in nouragement
And quaff with pleasure, while chatting wittily,
The peculiar wine of Little Italy.
We’ll remind each other it’s smart to be thrifty
And buy our clothes for something-fifty.
We’ll bus for miles on holidays
For seas at depressing matinees,
And every Sunday we’ll have a lark
And take a walk in Central Park.
And one of these days not too remote
You’ll probably up and cut my throat.”

Ogden Nash

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today."

~ Laurence J. Peter