• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote of the day

Jedster

Thanks for the explanation of jio...jio:)

The quote I quoted I found in an old file I have where I collect writings I like. I expect that wherever I copied it from got it from wiki.
The wrong translation in wiki just goes to show that the written word isn't everything

However the meaning for me is almost the same.
I did have a Guru for many years who I eventually left because of corruption,however I now take (sat)Guru not to be a person. The Guru is life itself.
Nanak Ji and Kabir have been inspirations to me for over 40 years. Their poetry/writings speak to all parts of the self,whether religious or not.

Satnam..jio:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on."

~ Samuel Butler

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy -- because we will always want to have something else or something more.”

~ Brother David Steindl-Rast

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Nothing that you could ever do is so bad that it warrants you removing your love for yourself. So for all those practicing self-love, I would encourage them to love themself unconditionally. Furthermore, loving yourself is a pre-requisite to loving others."

~ Iasos

http://iasos.com/articles/love/

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

~ Bertrand Russell

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. - Plato

Jedster

"Blessed are cracked for they shall let in the light" Grougho Marx

"Blessed are cracked for they let out the light" Me (afaik)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

~ Galileo Galilei

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“The Buddha’s teachings on love are clear. It is possible to live twenty four hours a day in a state of love. Every movement, every glance, every thought, and every word can be infused with love.”

~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"In the perspective of your soul, every problem is an opportunity to achieve a higher consciousness."

~ from a great little book called "365 Wisdom Pills"

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.”

~ M. Scott Peck

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again."

~ Franklin P. Jones

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think."

~ Benjamin Disraeli

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“I feel that when we really love and accept and approve of ourselves exactly as we are, then everything in life works.”

~ Louise Hay

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life - happiness, freedom, and peace of mind - are always attained by giving them to someone else.”

~ Peyton Conway March

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Religion which has lost connection-making ability with God has no spirituality left in it. If God promised that religion should be forever, find the reformer.