• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick Eats

☆Dreamwind☆

th

Seriously. With all the different nut butters around these days, this old classic is just the best.
Yummy. My kindergarten teacher called those ants on a log. I remember getting upset because I thought she was gonna make us eat real ants, and was afraid I'd get splinters. ^-^'

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I've just made a vegetarian Jalfezi curry for dinner. It took less than 15 minutes. I still have to boil some rice though, I'll do that when the children land.

Take a jar of cooking sauce, empty it into a pan, take a bag of frozen indian veggies, toss a handful into the pan. Add coriander, cumin, garlic and curry powder to taste. Bring it to the boil. Simmer until the veggies are tender.

71xvaeVK5FL._AC_UF350,350_QL50_.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This is specially for @Revoltingest because i know he loves heavy cream sauce.

While tagliatelle is cooking (6 to 8 minutes)

Melt 25grams of butter in a pan, add a tablespoon of general purpose white flour and mix. When it begins to thicken add 150grams of milk keep stirring. Just as the milk begins to boil add 50grams of single cream, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, a pinch of nutmeg.

Strain the tagliatelle and return to the pan, pour in the cream sauce, mix, it's ready to serve.

I topped it with smoked salmon, though you could used smoked trout or boil some veg, peas, cauliflower, broccoli or similar. Or grate some cheese over it.

It took less than 10 minutes. But i made the bread and dessert (apple turnovers) this morning that took considerably longer ;-)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is specially for @Revoltingest because i know he loves heavy cream sauce.
I recently bought some discounted Alfredo sauce at Menards.
While tagliatelle is cooking (6 to 8 minutes)

Melt 25grams of butter in a pan, add a tablespoon of general purpose white flour and mix. When it begins to thicken add 150grams of milk keep stirring. Just as the milk begins to boil add 50grams of single cream, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, a pinch of nutmeg.

Strain the tagliatelle and return to the pan, pour in the cream sauce, mix, it's ready to serve.

I topped it with smoked salmon, though you could used smoked trout or boil some veg, peas, cauliflower, broccoli or similar. Or grate some cheese over it.

It took less than 10 minutes. But i made the bread and dessert (apple turnovers) this morning that took considerably longer ;-)
Salmon is me favorite, but herring
cheaper (canned) & more convenient.