• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions for Jews

rosends

Jews and muslims before 1948 always got along.
Wait, what?
I've been sitting here lurking as I try to catch up on things after the holiday but this, while a lovely polly-ana ish vision of history is a serious over simplification and trivialization of wide swaths of history. There was substantial violence, and while it didn't always represent an official state position, or appear as physical (there are other kinds of violence) it existed between the groups and found its origin in diverging religious viewpoints. The easiest thing would be to dismiss it as a result of Zionism and state that were it not for Zionism, there would be no religious violence, but that ignores a whole heckuva lot of stuff.

I haven't commented on so many of the other things that you have said that I take issue with because there are others here more eloquent than I who have been trying to explain things to you so that you might have a more well informed position, but that blanket claim of "always got along" can't go unquestioned.

MohammadPali

The jews and muslims got along prior to 1948, it wasn't that bad. I'm not saying there wasn't issues. Ofcourse there was, political ones. I am talking on a general footing, many jews trusted arabs, and arabs vice versa. Maimonides was was a physician for an arab king for many years, and there was peace.

If you had to choose to live between christian or muslims during the crusades what would you choose ? or between the time of Byzantium ? or up to the 1800's jews lived amongst arabs peacefully.

I'm not trying to distort history. Come on speak the truth.

As a matter of fact the israeli spokes man the last 5 or 6 maybe more, was not even born in israel lol. And he talks about history being on the zionist side, he wasn't even born in ISRAEL lol.

Flankerl

Maimonides was was a physician for an arab king for many years, and there was peace.

So... how did Rambam end up in Egypt?

Any reason why he left Sepharad?

If you had to choose to live between christian or muslims during the crusades what would you choose ?

I'd head east to the Mongols.

it wasn't that bad

If you were a Muslim that is.

I'm not trying to distort history. Come on speak the truth.

You shouldn't lie.

MohammadPali

Neither was Yasser Arafat and his made up liberation org.

I hope arafat goes to hell. That man was an oppurtunist. So is hamas, opportunists. These organizations dont look out for palestinians. They just want to capitalize on the occupation and receive hands out. They depend on occupation, because when there is actual peace, theres no use for them.

rosends

The jews and muslims got along prior to 1948, it wasn't that bad. I'm not saying there wasn't issues. Ofcourse there was, political ones. I am talking on a general footing, many jews trusted arabs, and arabs vice versa. Maimonides was was a physician for an arab king for many years, and there was peace.
So Maimonides didn't have to write his Iggeret HaShmad and Iggeret Teiman because things weren't that bad. Got it.
up to the 1800's jews lived amongst arabs peacefully.
So you want Jews to choose being killed or only oppressed as second class citizens THREATENED with being killed. Gawrsh, you're right..things were just awesome.
As a matter of fact the israeli spokes man the last 5 or 6 maybe more, was not even born in israel lol. And he talks about history being on the zionist side, he wasn't even born in ISRAEL lol.
You mean like the leader of a group called the PLO who was born in Egypt?

MohammadPali

So... how did Rambam end up in Egypt?

Any reason why he left Sepharad?

I'd head east to the Mongols.

If you were a Muslim that is.

You shouldn't lie.

He left because of the berbers, another dynasty, it happens, nasty people show up in history. And where did he go next ? He didn't go to florida. He went egypt another arab muslim country.

History has shown, that jews paid a price for siding with pagans, meaning they plotted against one another. Thats just a fact, they did it in around 68 AD and paid the price in 70 AD. It actually could have happened where they plotted even before 68 AD.

You're not a thorough when it comes to history. One sided. You gotta take a look at the big picture. You're just looking at the corner. And im not saying jews weren't persecuted. I feel bad for them, and what happened to them, historically. Judaism has a sad past, it suffered significant changes. Changes in religion, practices, prayer etc etc.

You should stop looking for redemption and start looking for peace.

Last edited:

MohammadPali

So Maimonides didn't have to write his Iggeret HaShmad and Iggeret Teiman because things weren't that bad. Got it.

So you want Jews to choose being killed or only oppressed as second class citizens THREATENED with being killed. Gawrsh, you're right..things were just awesome.

You mean like the leader of a group called the PLO who was born in Egypt?

Don't act like your crap dont stink either. You had many jewish kings and generals who murdered christians and arabs in the past. Many of the early jewish christians were massacred by the jewish revolts by simon kohbah, and in yemen they had Yemenite jews who massacred Christians and threw them in pits of fire for refusing judaism.

yassers father was born in gaza. I don't care for him or the plo.

rosends

Don't act like your crap dont stink either.
So instead of dealing with the facts which contradict your stated position, you try to shift focus and say "you did it too."

You had many jewish kings and generals who murdered christians and arabs in the past.
I don't recall saying anything about this. I was questioning your positive assertion.
If you can't handle your own claims don't try to evade them by pointing out anything else.

yassers father was born in gaza. I don't care for him or the plo.
Your opinion of him isn't the issue. The issue was your attempt to cast aspersions on a spokesman for Israel by looking at where he was born. When I point out that birth location is often unrelated to a person's political ideology, you inject your not caring for him. Irrelevant. What matters is that your point is rendered null.

MohammadPali

So instead of dealing with the facts which contradict your stated position, you try to shift focus and say "you did it too."

I don't recall saying anything about this. I was questioning your positive assertion.
If you can't handle your own claims don't try to evade them by pointing out anything else.

Your opinion of him isn't the issue. The issue was your attempt to cast aspersions on a spokesman for Israel by looking at where he was born. When I point out that birth location is often unrelated to a person's political ideology, you inject your not caring for him. Irrelevant. What matters is that your point is rendered null.

Its almost as if you don't like to hear that arabs and jews ever got along, like its some sort of joke, never happened. Like they have been fighting since forever. Get real. They got along, they lived with each other, and even the omar the second muslim calph asked them the jews go with him when he took jerusalem. And many of them became muslims because of the hospitality of omar.

You're deep in trying to make it harder than what it is. Most of Israels founders where not even from the middle east. Shimon peres is from where again ? Belarus ? Avigdor leiberman was russian ?

There are palestinians that speak better hebrew than both these guys. Stop acting like you have a 5,000 year dynasty. There are arabs that have more Semitic blood than these khazarian jews.

Even churchill knew that the jews from europe are not really abrahamic. He even spoke about it, when he spoke about the Bolshevik revolution.

Jews have killed more people than you think. And don't give me that oh they're not really jews. YEAHHHH RIGHT.

Do you know this man ? He looks like benjamin nethanyau right ? hes not, that was gengrik yagoda, he was a russian jew, a Bolshevik. He killed more Christians than hitler killed jews and non-christians.

1936_genrich_grigorijewitsch_jagoda.jpg

Theres more, you want to see more jewish leaders from the last 75 years that were involved in murder and pillaging ?

rosends

Its almost as if you don't like to hear that arabs and jews ever got along, like its some sort of joke, never happened.
Fascinating. You made the statement that "Jews and muslims before 1948 always got along." You then moved to "The jews and muslims got along prior to 1948, it wasn't that bad. I'm not saying there wasn't issues. Of course there was, political ones." And now you settle on "you don't like to hear that arabs and jews ever got along". So which is it. Always? Only political issues? "Ever" got along? Why don't you figure out what you actually mean and try again. It's almost like you realize that your initial statement is laughably wrong so you are backpedaling and trying to reframe and recontextualize instead of simply admitting that you are wrong.
Like they have been fighting since forever. Get real. They got along, they lived with each other, and even the omar the second muslim calph asked them the jews go with him when he took jerusalem. And many of them became muslims because of the hospitality of omar.
That's nice. You might also want to read up on Fatimid Al-Hakim and Muhammed Ibn Farkoh.
You're deep in trying to make it harder than what it is. Most of Israels founders where not even from the middle east. Shimon peres is from where again ? Belarus ? Avigdor leiberman was russian ?
Again with this point. So what? None of the Palestinian leaders are from Palestine because it doesn't exist. What's your point? You keep wanting to talk about religion and peace but then you cite political leaders. You are very confused.
There are arabs that have more Semitic blood than these khazarian jews.
Ah, here it is. res ipsa loquitur.
Jews have killed more people than you think. And don't give me that oh they're not really jews. YEAHHHH RIGHT.
And the irony abounds. First you say that they aren't really Jews and then say that the excuse shouldn't be that they are not Jews.
Do you know this man ? He looks like benjamin nethanyau right ? hes not, that was gengrik yagoda, he was a russian jew, a Bolshevik. He killed more Christians than hitler killed jews and non-christians.
Actually, he looks nothing like Netanyahu. Why does he matter to you? He has no relevance to this thread and your sad attempt to derail by posting his picture is indicative of how lost you are.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Maimonides was was a physician for an arab king for many years, and there was peace.
Be more specific. Maimonides worked for a Muslim king after escaping with his life from another group of Muslims called the Almohads who abolished the dhimmi status and forced anyone who wasn't Muslim to convert or exile.

MohammadPali

Fascinating. You made the statement that "Jews and muslims before 1948 always got along." You then moved to "The jews and muslims got along prior to 1948, it wasn't that bad. I'm not saying there wasn't issues. Of course there was, political ones." And now you settle on "you don't like to hear that arabs and jews ever got along". So which is it. Always? Only political issues? "Ever" got along? Why don't you figure out what you actually mean and try again. It's almost like you realize that your initial statement is laughably wrong so you are backpedaling and trying to reframe and recontextualize instead of simply admitting that you are wrong.

That's nice. You might also want to read up on Fatimid Al-Hakim and Muhammed Ibn Farkoh.

Again with this point. So what? None of the Palestinian leaders are from Palestine because it doesn't exist. What's your point? You keep wanting to talk about religion and peace but then you cite political leaders. You are very confused.

Ah, here it is. res ipsa loquitur.

And the irony abounds. First you say that they aren't really Jews and then say that the excuse shouldn't be that they are not Jews.

Actually, he looks nothing like Netanyahu. Why does he matter to you? He has no relevance to this thread and your sad attempt to derail by posting his picture is indicative of how lost you are.

I'm not back pedaling anything. I'm saying jews and muslims did very well with each other, and not denying that there was tensions from tyrants and political movements. You on the other hand are making it sound like, noooo thats impossible. Its hilarious just reading your responses, I know israelis who would laugh at this statement.

ALSO, this al-hakim guy, is shia, im not a shia, shia are your brothers. You have alot in common with him than I do. The shia followers come from this man, here you can see for yourself, its published in a jewish encyclopedia.

ABDALLAH IBN SABA - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Saeb erakat is a palestinian leader, and he was born in abu dis, palestine.

hqdefault.jpg

netanyahu-nun-yardimcisi-itirafci-oldu-koltugu-kaybedebilir--9620831.Jpeg

right, they don't look like each other.

Last edited:

MohammadPali

Be more specific. Maimonides worked for a Muslim king after escaping with his life from another group of Muslims called the Almohads who abolished the dhimmi status and forced anyone who wasn't Muslim to convert or exile.

I don't know why they abolished it, I wasn't there, is the whole muslim world responsible for this ? Something happened, I dont know, they could be tyrants or follow a tyrant. Jews were their subjects and for some reason, they did this. Otherwise they did well around arabs and muslims.

rosends

I'm not back pedaling anything. I'm saying jews and muslims did very well with each other, and not denying that there was tensions from tyrants and political movements. You on the other hand are making it sound like, noooo thats impossible. Its hilarious just reading your responses, I know israelis who would laugh at this statement.
Yes, you are backpedaling, going from the absolute and blanket to the qualified statement. I don't recall saying anything other than that the claim you made about always getting along is wrong on its face. Show me that I said otherwise. I dare you. I have given quotes of what you have said but you haven't substantiated the claims you made.
ALSO, this al-hakim guy, is shia, im not a shia, shia are your brothers. You have alot in common with him than I do. The shia followers come from this man, here you can see for yourself, its published in a jewish encyclopedia.
Your argument was about Muslims and Jews. Now you want to deny any connection to someone because he is a particular type of Muslim and that doesn't count. Got it.
Saeb erakat is a palestinian leader, and he was born in abu dis, palestine.
Actually, in 1955 I believe that Abu Dis was under Jordanian control, so I guess he is Jordanian. There was no Palestine then either.

right, they don't look like each other.
Agreed.

Tumah

Veteran Member
I don't know why they abolished it, I wasn't there, is the whole muslim world responsible for this ? Something happened, I dont know, they could be tyrants or follow a tyrant. Jews were their subjects and for some reason, they did this. Otherwise they did well around arabs and muslims.
My point is not to say that all Muslims are bad. My point is to say that there have been good and bad Muslims and Muslim rulers. I can bring you plenty of other examples of persecution by Muslim towards Jews throughout the past 1,500 years, including exiles, exterminating the entire Jewish population of a town, etc. That doesn't mean that all Muslims persecuted Jews throughout history. It just means that being under Muslim dominance doesn't in any way ensure the safety of Jews.