• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions for Jews

MohammadPali

Yes, you are backpedaling, going from the absolute and blanket to the qualified statement. I don't recall saying anything other than that the claim you made about always getting along is wrong on its face. Show me that I said otherwise. I dare you. I have given quotes of what you have said but you haven't substantiated the claims you made.

Your argument was about Muslims and Jews. Now you want to deny any connection to someone because he is a particular type of Muslim and that doesn't count. Got it.

Actually, in 1955 I believe that Abu Dis was under Jordanian control, so I guess he is Jordanian. There was no Palestine then either.

Agreed.

I'm Palestinian, so my heritage runs through the holy land 5 generations, I can name them, we are proud of our lineage, most families from palestine know exactly who their lineage goes back too. Not all arabs, but many can name you more than 5 generations. Anyway, my great grand father before 1948 had no issues with jews in the holy land. Absolutely none, they had issues with the british and the turks.

So please, your opinion on the lives of arabs and jews is nothing, since you are not even from there. Your opinion is as good as a Japanese jew saying the same thing you are saying. Means nothing.

ALSO saeb erakat, So he was born in the holy land but because it was controlled by another entity hes not palestinian lol, wth is this non-sense ?

Man, thats sooo nazi-thinking. An arab from palestine or from the holy land, can't be palestinian because it was under control of someone else LOL.

So if im in poland in ww2, and it was invaded by the germans, because it was invaded by the germans it wouldn't be poland it would be german ? lol wth are you saying man. Come on.

MohammadPali

My point is not to say that all Muslims are bad. My point is to say that there have been good and bad Muslims and Muslim rulers. I can bring you plenty of other examples of persecution by Muslim towards Jews throughout the past 1,500 years, including exiles, exterminating the entire Jewish population of a town, etc. That doesn't mean that all Muslims persecuted Jews throughout history. It just means that being under Muslim dominance doesn't in any way ensure the safety of Jews.

Was is better than the Christians ?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Was is better than the Christians ?
Sometimes yes and sometimes no, right? Killing an entire city's Jews is worse than when the Christians didn't kill and entire cities Jews, but not as bad as when Christians did kill an entire city's Jews.

It kind of seems silly to make a comparison. "Muslims only killed/exiled thousands of Jews, not tens of thousands of Jews." There's not really a way to phrase that to make it sound positive, you know? The "well at least we're better than them" are argument is what the people at the bottom of the pole argue about, not the people at the top.

MohammadPali

Sometimes yes and sometimes no, right? Killing an entire city's Jews is worse than when the Christians didn't kill and entire cities Jews, but not as bad as when Christians did kill an entire city's Jews.

It kind of seems silly to make a comparison. "Muslims only killed/exiled thousands of Jews, not tens of thousands of Jews." There's not really a way to phrase that to make it sound positive, you know? The "well at least we're better than them" are argument is what the people at the bottom of the pole argue about, not the people at the top.

We should stop concentrating on the past, and let us work together, stop all the non-sense to be honest. I like talking with jewish people. I understand them. In a way I sense what they sense, but you cant occupy people, come on now. We can work together and build a better future for everyone in the country.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What percent of Israel practices Judaism? What percent is secular? I've heard and read that 90% is secular... I simply don't believe that.

Tumah

Veteran Member
What percent of Israel practices Judaism? What percent is secular? I've heard and read that 90% is secular... I simply don't believe that.
PF_2016.03.08_israel-01-01.png

source: Israel’s Religiously Divided Society

Cutting out the 19% that aren't Jewish you get:
9.8% Haredi (Ultra-Orthodox)
12.3% Dati (Religious)
28.3% Masorti (Traditional)
49.3% Hiloni (Secular)

Depending on your definition of "practicing Jewish Law" you might combine the last two into one category of those that don't practice it.

rosends

I'm Palestinian, so my heritage runs through the holy land 5 generations, I can name them, we are proud of our lineage,
That's adorable. Irrelevant but adorable.
Anyway, my great grand father before 1948 had no issues with jews in the holy land. Absolutely none, they had issues with the british and the turks.
That's nice. I hope he stayed away from Chevron in 1929.
So please, your opinion on the lives of arabs and jews is nothing, since you are not even from there.
First, you don't know where I'm from.
Second, having a knowledge of documented history is not a matter of opinion.
Third, remember, this is from your absolute statement that it was always good between Muslims and Jews (and why did you move to "Arabs"? Curiouser and curiouser.)
And fourth, since you subscribe to the silly Khazar theory your opinion of Jews is devoid of value.
Your opinion is as good as a Japanese jew saying the same thing you are saying. Means nothing.
Because to you, actual history means nothing. Got it.

ALSO saeb erakat, So he was born in the holy land
Oh, you mean Israel? Got it.

but because it was controlled by another entity hes not palestinian lol, wth is this non-sense ?
No. Because there was no country called Palestine, he's not Palestinian. Unless you want to agree that Jews born in the British Mandate before 1948 are Israeli.
Man, thats sooo nazi-thinking. An arab from palestine or from the holy land, can't be palestinian because it was under control of someone else LOL.
You have again lost sight of your argument. You claimed that an Israeli spokesperson wasn't valid because he wasn't born in Israel, and yet when I show you that Saeb Erekat isn't a valid spokesman as "Palestinian" for the exact same reason, you call that "nazi-thinking." Before you read my posts you should probably refresh yourself by reading your own.
So if im in poland in ww2, and it was invaded by the germans, because it was invaded by the germans it wouldn't be poland it would be german ? lol wth are you saying man. Come on.
So this fictional entity of "Palestine" was invaded by Jordan? Were there protests against the Jordanian occupation? Did the Palestine Liberation groups rise up against their Jordanian overlords? Show me the history of that.

MohammadPali

Lineage is important to jews and Muslims. You never heard of the sadacues? I probably spelled it wrong. The lineage of aaron peace be upon him in charge of the temple.

You are brainwashed like the radical islamic groups into thinking muslims never got along with jews. I'm not surprised. This is how settlers think.

Abu dis is deep in Palestine. 100 years ago it was called Palestine. Today its called Palestine. Tomorrow it will be Palestine and remain that way even when your anti christ false messiah shows up.

If your a jew and you want to stay in Palestine your welcomed to stay.If you're a ultra nationalist Zionist European go back to Ukraine. The war on terror will end and we can finally have peace.

Poisonshady313

Why do Jews rock back and forth when they pray?...I feel the need to do that too btw
There are too many answers to that question. The one that I like is that it has to do with a Jew praying not just with his mouth, but with his whole self.

One that I heard recently, and seems especially appropriate given that it was Rosh Hashanna recently, is that, especially when praying, a Jew's attitude toward God is simultaneously love and fear... and so the motion forward indicates love, while the motion backwards indicates fear.