• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questioning theodicy. Suffering and God. What say you?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Beliefs cannot be proven or given truth values. They either point to facts or they don't. You're confusing the two.
e.g. If there's a contradiction, then those beliefs might be 'unwarranted' or the person might be 'cognitively dissonant'.
What are we talking about? The belief or the subject of the belief?
When you say: "I belief that P is true." I agree that that isn't a statement. (We can't put a truth value to it.)
When you say: "P is true." that is a statement that can be true or false.
So, while I can't disprove your belief in an omnimax deity, I can disprove the omnimax deity. Do we agree?

A Vestigial Mote

You are forcing me to bring out the big guns, which will hopefully get my point across in the fewest words possible.

This is Baha’u’llah speaking to humans on behalf of God:

3: O SON OF MAN! Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty.

4: O SON OF MAN! I loved thy creation, hence I created thee. Wherefore, do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and fill thy soul with the spirit of life.
So these are the "big guns" eh? I conclude that there is absolutely no reason to continue conversing with you. You have nothing of any value to your "argument" on your hands. Nothing compelling. You can think it is compelling, that's fine. But don't expect that anyone else necessarily will. I know there are others gullible enough to believe that these things empty words are somehow tremendously important. I can only hope that future generations begin to abolish such modes of thinking more and more easily.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have a question. Does the Baha'i Faith teach of an all-good god? Not omnibenevolent, all-good (or all-giving, "just").
Yes, Baha'is believe in an all-good God who is just.

Baha'is believe that the Manifestations of God manifest God in this world and they are all we can ever know of God.
Baha'is believe that Baha'u'llah was a Manifestation of God (also referred to as a Messenger of God).
Speaking for God as His Representative, Baha'u'llah wrote:

2: O SON OF SPIRIT! The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me, and neglect it not that I may confide in thee. By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbor. Ponder this in thy heart; how it behooveth thee to be. Verily justice is My gift to thee and the sign of My loving-kindness. Set it then before thine eyes.The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 3-4

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So these are the "big guns" eh? I conclude that there is absolutely no reason to continue conversing with you. You have nothing of any value to your "argument" on your hands. Nothing compelling. You can think it is compelling, that's fine. But don't expect that anyone else necessarily will. I know there are others gullible enough to believe that these things empty words are somehow tremendously important. I can only hope that future generations begin to abolish such modes of thinking more and more easily.
I have no argument and I am not trying to be compelling. I just respond to the posts that are posted to me.

I was joking about the "big guns" but everything else I say is very serious.
I take the subject of God very seriously, but apparently you were just poking fun of my beliefs, trying to expose me.
No matter, as I have no need to make an impression upon anyone.

Future generations will recognize the Truth of the Words that Baha'u'llah wrote.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No, it would be sufficient to prove one or the other. It would even be sufficient to show that they can't be true at the same time, thus disproving neither.
Yes, it would be sufficient to prove either that there is no God or that Baha'u'llah is not a Messenger of God in order to prove my beliefs are false, because if there is no God, Baha’u’llah cannot be a Messenger of God.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Yes, it would be sufficient to prove either that there is no God or that Baha'u'llah is not a Messenger of God in order to prove my beliefs are false, because if there is no God, Baha’u’llah cannot be a Messenger of God.
Who wrote the message of God?

A man a human affected physically and my life presence human.

Who writes and thinks the words?

Humans

Who says God gave them the information.

A human asking questions. As a human theorising. A human giving self by presence human the answers.

As you do all choices chosen the living life is being recorded by heavens by voice self image. You are the messenger human warning teaching other humans.

The spiritual human teacher about God advice.

God in spirit science gases.

We are the living spiritual spirit human.

Science thinking abstracted self mind from self natural aware status. A fact already taught. No man is God.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Who wrote the message of God?...........
Who writes and thinks the words?
Humans
Who says God gave them the information.............................
We are the living spiritual spirit human....................

I find according to the Bible that ALL Scripture is inspired by God - 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
Thus, humans, who write and think words, were used by God to be His secretaries.
The 'internal harmony' between the many Bible writers show divine information given to the writers.
Adam was Not a spirit human but a 'living soul' until the day Adam died and dead Adam became a dead soul, a life-less soul or person.- Genesis 2:7
Adam was only offered 'everlasting life right here on planet Earth' and No where else.
Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life - Genesis 3:19
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before. Adam returned back to dust.
So, like father Adam there is No post-mortem life in the grave, and No double jeopardy for either Adam or us.
Just ' sleep ' in the grave -> John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
The only hope for us is the Resurrection Hope. Resurrection Day: meaning Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I find according to the Bible that ALL Scripture is inspired by God - 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
Thus, humans, who write and think words, were used by God to be His secretaries.
The 'internal harmony' between the many Bible writers show divine information given to the writers.
Adam was Not a spirit human but a 'living soul' until the day Adam died and dead Adam became a dead soul, a life-less soul or person.- Genesis 2:7
Adam was only offered 'everlasting life right here on planet Earth' and No where else.
Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life - Genesis 3:19
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before. Adam returned back to dust.
So, like father Adam there is No post-mortem life in the grave, and No double jeopardy for either Adam or us.
Just ' sleep ' in the grave -> John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
The only hope for us is the Resurrection Hope. Resurrection Day: meaning Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.
Consciousness a relative teaching.

Science

Science says intelligence.

Intelligence sought.

Natural life naturally aware...
... conscious.

O God the earth stone pondered for inventive reasons. Science conditions God the planet.

Who makes the claims.

Humans.

Science study an ape less intelligent conscious one body minus our own.

That theme natural first thoughts about origin first natural first one less.

Then the scientist says I WANT to make a God product one less.

Changed your mind forever scientist.

Why we quantified you a satanist who thinks of God when God seal never existed.

Not discussing God. Secretly discussing when God could not become God.

Rational.

Why you made earth gain sink holes.

Subliminal feed back now says why you made earth,....,.

Teaching. You are possessed by your own science I. Feedback. State Ai

Heyo

Veteran Member
napkin.jpg

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I am wondering which napkin claims to be God's Holy Book _________________
To me a napkin 'claims' to be a square or rectangular piece of cloth or paper used to wipe one's hands or lips.
Useful to protect clothing, but No where does the napkin claim protection to give you everlasting life either in heaven or right here on planet earth.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Basic common sense.

I can think for self. As just self one man or woman life.

I am only one self first.

I write a book by thinking.

I however live inside natural heavens first.

I do not live upon the paper of a book.

I live in a spiritual body inside another spiritual body.

Natural.

One place.
One holy place.

Owned by man or wo man first.

Why I made the statement.

My one self is first holy.

My words are secondary to my presence.

My own man teaching. Spirit is first talking the words.

As a man human.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I am wondering which napkin claims to be God's Holy Book _________________
I am wondering if you didn't get the connection to your quote or if you are wilfully obtuse. Applying Hanlon's Razor.

The "napkin religion" was in response specifically to the quote.
What I was hinting at, is that a source can't confirm it's own validity.
So when the napkin religion says it's the one true religion, it has as much value as when the bible says it's inspired by god.
Was that helpful?