• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to the atheist

Renji

Why would some atheist believe in the existence of ET's (the Greys, UFO's, etc) than in the existence of God?

Last edited:

Kerr

If by ET you just mean any life on other planets it is a possibility because it is highly unlikely that life just evolved on Earth. God, on the other hand, is a matter of faith. There is no reason I can see to believe in him.

But if you mean UFOs and such by ET, I don´t believe in those :p .

because most athiest know the building bloks of life are natural, and since the universum contains around 300 billion planets with those present its just simple math that life may have evolved in more then one planet

Amill

Apikoros
There are billions and billions of other stars. We know that there are planets that orbit other stars than our own. We know that organic molecules and water exist throughout the universe, and around those other stars. Life originated on this planet. Life probably originated on other planets as well.

I for one am skeptical of alien visitation, but I do not deny the possibility that some of the ufo sightings might have been extraterrestial. I really do hope that some are genuine, I am just not convinced of it yet.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
The chances of there being no other life in the universe besides here on earth is so unlikely. I do not believe that there are aliens who travel here in UFOs and all that, but surely there are some life forms on some distant planets in distant galaxies. I'm not saying I 100% believe there is life elsewhere, but I figure there probably is. Maybe not intelligent life, but at least some living organisms.

God, on the other hand, seems more like a human invention to me.

Alceste

Vagabond
I think alien life of some kind is a near certainty, due to the vast range of conditions even on this planet where life is able to flourish, and due to some understanding of the mechanism of self-organized complexity. Put it this way, the odds life could exist ONLY on this one planet are exponentially worse than the oft-quoted (by theists) terrible odds that it could exist anywhere at all.

As for visiting aliens, the jury's out. Until there is a satisfactory empirical explanation of UFO sightings and abduction experiences, I'm happy to leave it unexplained.

As for the existence a humanoid supernatural omnipotent God who is not subject to the laws of physics and chemistry, it's an extremely implausible idea, IMO, if only because we have yet to discover evidence of anything that is not subject to the laws of physics and chemistry.