• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to religious people in RF

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If a religious person has fully been able to leave the ego behind, and live only to serve others.

Does it matter what religious background this person had due to the ego or self has been fully ended.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If a religious person has fully been able to leave the ego behind, and live only to serve others.

Does it matter what religious background this person had due to the ego or self has been fully ended.

I don't think you can fully leave ego behind, as it's na essential part of interacting with the world around us. But you can realize it's true nature, as a construct.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

But, if you live to serve others, and help them along, you are on the right path.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My answer to the OP in an image. It does not matter what path one takes to climb a mountain.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe

I think one should distinguish between the self and the ego, but that's a different story.

If one is happy to leave the ego behind, that's fine. As for leaving the self behind, I can't speak from experience, but the stories of people who tried to leave the self behind seem to hint at the fact that for some of them, their true self came back sooner or later along with possible suppressed needs, problems etc.

If one is happy to leave the self behind and is content with that, that's fine too. But if people keep emphasizing how happy they are without the self, I find that weird. If they were truly happy I think they wouldn't post.

Vee

Premium Member

There might be some sort of correlation, but I don't see it as causation.
The fact that a person prioritizes serving others doesn't mean that comes from a particular religious background. Some religions might motivate that kind of choice more than others, but if the person doesn't have the inner desire, religion alone won't be enough to motivate them.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

a person who was servant to all, to love wouldn't belong to a religion. the ego is a mask, like a religion. to portray what someone wants to look like. one piece of cloth is as good as another.

but i was clothed in glory

take it off! Take It Off!!! TAKE IT ALL OFF!!!!

make it rain

2 Samuel 6:14

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Yes it matters what religion you are in, because you need support to live like that. Completely leaving the ego behind would make you vulnerable and weak, like a cat with neither claws nor fur nor teeth. Living only to serve others you'd soon wear down and break like a plastic gear on a metal engine; because you can't live only to serve others -- not for very long. You'll also be very alien to most people, because you will not behave the same. This will cause people to be afraid of you or annoyed with you. It is unwise to live like this by yourself.

Truth in love

I would say that Devine law like the laws of nature apply.

to the extent that ditching the ego is all that matters no. However in other areas it might matter a lot.