• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to Bahais. The Maitreya.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Quran says Mohammad is seal of Prophets. Baha'allah says it means all Prophets are each other, Adam is last Prophet, Mohammad is Adam, type meaning, they are all last Prophet and first Prophet meaning.

Bab says 1000 years before the one God will manifest after him. Baha'allah interprets it to mean something, something, but then uses the exact same verse and says "whoever interprets it other then me other then it's apparent meaning, then don't follow him" (something like that).

Maitreya says well the apparent meaning is that no one other then a manifestation of God can interpret it, just as he interpreted Babs words in that apparent way, so it's the apparent meaning, but only a Prophet is to interpret it.

And so my question to Bahais. Why don't they accept Maitreya?

He "verifies"- "all Prophets" like your Baha'allah and includes Baha'allah.

Have you read his text? What makes you think his text is not from God? How do you know it's not your hearts not seeing the light?

The Maitreya that Baha’is accept is the One Buddha foretold, not the website you are referring to which has nothing to do with the Baha’i Faith or Baha’u’llah.

Please kindly refer to this site which explains accurate Baha’i beliefs in Maitreya and yes we accept Maitreya as a Rasool Who we believe originally taught the oneness of God.

InvestigateTruth

For one, there was a fake Nabi during Mohammad (S) time, so that already refutes what Bab said. Maybe the Bab was not aware of that. But secondly, the Maitreya says these are revealed by God.
I think maybe I was not clear.
I am not saying it is impossible for someone to falsely claim to be a prophet.
As I said there has been many who claimed to be Mahdi, or Messiah, and obviously we don't believe in them.

But the Bab (and Quran) say God does not allow a false prophet bring verses that say, they are from God.
Here is an example from the Book of Bayan:

"This Book We have, verily, revealed in the language of Our Remembrance and it is in truth a wondrous language. He is, verily, the eternal Truth come from God, and according to the divine judgement given in the Mother Book, He is the most distinguished among the writers of Arabic and most eloquent in His utterance. He is in truth the Supreme Talisman and is endowed with supernatural powers, as set forth in the Mother Book… 46
O people of the city! Ye have disbelieved your Lord. If ye are truly faithful to Muḥammad, the Apostle of God and the Seal of the Prophets, and if ye follow His Book, the Qur’án, which is free from error, then here is the like of it—this Book, which We have, in truth and by the leave of God, sent down unto Our Servant. If ye fail to believe in Him, then your faith in Muḥammad and His Book which was revealed in the past will indeed be treated as false in the estimation of God. If ye deny Him, the fact of your having denied Muḥammad and His Book will, in very truth and with absolute certainty, become evident unto yourselves. "

Bahá'í Reference Library - Selections From the Writings of the Báb, Pages 45-46

See? These verses themselves are saying they are from God!
In the above verses, Allah is speaking, and sayin, He has revealed it to the Bab (Our Remembrance or ذكر).

So, in our view God does not allow a false prophet to bring verses. But He allows false Prophets to even bring a miraculous sign to deceive, because God wants to test:

"If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul." Bible

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Maitreya that Baha’is accept is the One Buddha foretold, not the website you are referring to which has nothing to do with the Baha’i Faith or Baha’u’llah.

Please kindly refer to this site which explains accurate Baha’i beliefs in Maitreya and yes we accept Maitreya as a Rasool Who we believe originally taught the oneness of God.

The site has been posted a few limes David.

Interestingly he was born in 1944 in Tehran. Yet the story of his life, on that website, is not that of a Manifestation of God.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I doubt this topic was about the Maitreya you are referring to. This is a whole different number.
Oh I know. This guy wasn't even listed on the claimant list. I'm sure there are at least another 1000 or so institutionalized, sadly. When I asked my friend who works in a local psychiatric hospital about how common delusions of grandeur was, he looked at me with a straight face ... "Far more common that you or I would ever want to know."

firedragon

Veteran Member
Oh I know. This guy wasn't even listed on the claimant list. I'm sure there are at least another 1000 or so institutionalized, sadly. When I asked my friend who works in a local psychiatric hospital about how common delusions of grandeur was, he looked at me with a straight face ... "Far more common that you or I would ever want to know."

Im not a fan of general comments and pseudo grandeur of those who make them which is also delusion.

Yet, I agree that this Maitreya is not very well known, but that could be my ignorance. Must read up a bit.

Claiming to be the return of Jesus, or the coming of Maitreya, or the Mehdi, or the beast, etc etc are strategic. Some may honestly believe it also, yet if they are of sound mind, maybe it's a strategy.

Jedster

Here's a version of a living Maitreya(allegedly).

"We are The New Group of World Servers Trust, a UK Registered Charity (#1069944) founded in 1996 by Buddha Maitreya, the reincarnation of Christ and his wife Tara, the incarnation of the bodhisattva Tara and operating as the The Buddha Maitreya Monastery.

Buddha Maitreya & Tara offer a meditation healing centre called The Buddha Maitreya Soul Therapy Centre at 29 High St, Glastonbury, Somerset, BA6 9DR (Tel 01458 898221) and a UK based website www.shambhalaquantumhealingtools.co.uk offering meditation healing tools for personal and planetary healing."

About Us (shambhalaquantumhealingtools.co.uk)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

"We are The New Group of World Servers Trust, a UK Registered Charity (#1069944) founded in 1996 by Buddha Maitreya, the reincarnation of Christ and his wife Tara, the incarnation of the bodhisattva Tara and operating as the The Buddha Maitreya Monastery.

Buddha Maitreya & Tara offer a meditation healing centre called The Buddha Maitreya Soul Therapy Centre at 29 High St, Glastonbury, Somerset, BA6 9DR (Tel 01458 898221) and a UK based website www.shambhalaquantumhealingtools.co.uk offering meditation healing tools for personal and planetary healing."

When God and faith is made a business.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Well that's at least two claimants that have some sort of internet presence.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think maybe I was not clear.
I am not saying it is impossible for someone to falsely claim to be a prophet.
As I said there has been many who claimed to be Mahdi, or Messiah, and obviously we don't believe in them.

But the Bab (and Quran) say God does not allow a false prophet bring verses that say, they are from God.
Here is an example from the Book of Bayan:

"This Book We have, verily, revealed in the language of Our Remembrance and it is in truth a wondrous language. He is, verily, the eternal Truth come from God, and according to the divine judgement given in the Mother Book, He is the most distinguished among the writers of Arabic and most eloquent in His utterance. He is in truth the Supreme Talisman and is endowed with supernatural powers, as set forth in the Mother Book… 46
O people of the city! Ye have disbelieved your Lord. If ye are truly faithful to Muḥammad, the Apostle of God and the Seal of the Prophets, and if ye follow His Book, the Qur’án, which is free from error, then here is the like of it—this Book, which We have, in truth and by the leave of God, sent down unto Our Servant. If ye fail to believe in Him, then your faith in Muḥammad and His Book which was revealed in the past will indeed be treated as false in the estimation of God. If ye deny Him, the fact of your having denied Muḥammad and His Book will, in very truth and with absolute certainty, become evident unto yourselves. "

Bahá'í Reference Library - Selections From the Writings of the Báb, Pages 45-46

See? These verses themselves are saying they are from God!
In the above verses, Allah is speaking, and sayin, He has revealed it to the Bab (Our Remembrance or ذكر).

So, in our view God does not allow a false prophet to bring verses. But He allows false Prophets to even bring a miraculous sign to deceive, because God wants to test:

"If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul." Bible

You mean like this:

Read the Scriptures, the Revelation, and the Promises that We have given to many Prophets and Beings before you. We have carried out Our Promise, and Promises to them. It clearly is in your Scripture that there will be an end time. It is in that time that We will open the Seven Seals and will send a Prophet to you with the clear signs explaining what was happening for the last 12,000 years and before.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
And so my question to Bahais. Why don't they accept Maitreya?
I am a former Baha'i but still like Baha'i.

In Baha'i teachings Baha'u'llah IS the Buddha Maitreya!

Excerpt (from an official Baha'i Webpage):

Maitreya’s coming is also said by many Buddhist commentators to be characterized by a number of physical events. For example, the oceans are predicted to decrease in size, allowing Maitreya to traverse them freely. That event, they say, will also allow the unveiling of the “true” dharma to the people, in turn allowing the construction of a new world.

The Baha’i teachings maintain that Baha’u’llah, the prophet and founder of the Baha’i Faith, has fulfilled the prophecies of the Buddha’s return – as well as the prophecies of the revered founders of the world’s religions:

Link

P.S. By oceans, I think they are referring to the various major religions but I'm not sure.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am a former Baha'i but still like Baha'i.

In Baha'i teachings Baha'u'llah IS the Buddha Maitreya!

Excerpt (from an official Baha'i Webpage):

Maitreya’s coming is also said by many Buddhist commentators to be characterized by a number of physical events. For example, the oceans are predicted to decrease in size, allowing Maitreya to traverse them freely. That event, they say, will also allow the unveiling of the “true” dharma to the people, in turn allowing the construction of a new world.

The Baha’i teachings maintain that Baha’u’llah, the prophet and founder of the Baha’i Faith, has fulfilled the prophecies of the Buddha’s return – as well as the prophecies of the revered founders of the world’s religions:

Link

P.S. By oceans, I think they are referring to the various major religions but I'm not sure.

Yeah, but they all each other type meaning, allows, all this confusion and so this won't settle it.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Yeah, but they all each other type meaning, allows, all this confusion and so this won't settle it.
What then are you trying to settle? Any other Buddha Maitreya claim is not accepted to the level of a Manifestion of God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What then are you trying to settle? Any other Buddha Maitreya claim is not accepted to the level of a Manifestion of God.
I am saying fake Prophets have to be seen as false. To say Mohammad is a true Prophet and we all hypocrites for rejecting other claims of Prophethood, is shown to be inconsistent when keep in mind there are false Prophets like this guy claiming to be the Maitreya.

If we don't have standards and high ones, then false Prophets can claim Prophethood and we all at the mercy at them.

Quran to me is not like words of humans. However, Bahai scripture to me doesn't seem eloquent or from God.

I think it's fair to say, Bahais won't deem the Maitreya words from God either. And so we have to see other ways, then just say past Messengers exist, we have to accept newer claims of Prophethood as a result.

This doesn't make sense, and the Maitreya shows an inconsistency with that logic.