• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question on hindu Dharma

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
At the end of any puja is the time when there is a heightened spiritual atmosphere. It's when the God's presence is best felt. So people sit and enjoy it. In India there is this sense that darshan is all there is. Run in, have 3 second darshan, and run out. Lets do 37 temples in a day. Other bhaktars like to enjoy the place for awhile. No hurry, no worry.

Think of it like going to a park. Do you want to just run through, or if there is a bench, would you like to sit for a moment?

physically- to take rest. mentally- realease stress and to experience peace and calmness of mind. spiritually- there are sattvik waves or rediations of god's principle in the temple and we can take this principle within us in the atmospere of temple by sitting there for some time.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend murugan,

Why people sit in the temple steps for few minutes after the end of the darshan?

It is a personal matter and so the question must be asked directly to people doing so.
Have been to few temples like Balaji at Tirupati where anyone sitting will be run down by the rush of devotees visiting.
At the university where I studied had a temple of marble stone and my friends always sat to watch girls.
All in all a personal affair.

Love & rgds

chinu

chinu
Why people sit in the temple steps for few minutes after the end of the darshan?:help:
To follow the crowd. ;)

Once a man sitting on the roadside was finding something in the gully there, in the meanwhile another one came there and said: What are you searching here ?
Gold Coins... he answered,
Again he asked: How many coins fall down from your pocket ?
None... he answered,
Again he laughed and asked: Than why are you finding ?
Fortune... he answered,

Firstly the man who was making the questions went away, and than came back after some time and said:
Come on hurry up man! now its my turn to try the luck and started fighting with that person. :D

_/\_
Chinu

murugan

At the end of any puja is the time when there is a heightened spiritual atmosphere. It's when the God's presence is best felt. So people sit and enjoy it. In India there is this sense that darshan is all there is. Run in, have 3 second darshan, and run out. Lets do 37 temples in a day. Other bhaktars like to enjoy the place for awhile. No hurry, no worry.

Think of it like going to a park. Do you want to just run through, or if there is a bench, would you like to sit for a moment?

physically- to take rest. mentally- realease stress and to experience peace and calmness of mind. spiritually- there are sattvik waves or rediations of god's principle in the temple and we can take this principle within us in the atmospere of temple by sitting there for some time.

Thanks for your replies guys...

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I've never been to temple, but after my prayers at my home altar, I feel I cannot pull myself away. I love to remain there and just take in the positive energy I feel. So I must be doing something right, if that positive energy is the presence of the deities. :)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I've never been to temple, but after my prayers at my home altar, I feel I cannot pull myself away. I love to remain there and just take in the positive energy I feel. So I must be doing something right, if that positive energy is the presence of the deities. :)

The advantage of the home temple is that there are no talkers bustling around like there are in some temples. Most attempt to get people to be quiet, many unsuccessfully. Nature of the beast.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm sure. If and when I go to temple for the first time, I'll probably go when there is no service, so I can just go in and meditate and pray. It took me a while to learn to turn off the tv, ignore the phone and do my devotions at a time when I had peace and quiet, so as not to be distracted. Even if that means late at night. Tuning out the distractions is definitely a learned and skilled art.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Hummm this is probably why I never feel I ended it well :eek:

Actually more than once I have felt I should stay and be quiet for amoment after mantring (cause mantras is what I du :ninja:).

The thing is I always feel like If I had to say "Goodbye" :D or something the like, but at the same time I say to myself "like, no, they are with you all the time. Just let them be"

It´s weird because it is a good feeling, but at the same time it makes me feel awkard becaus eI feel like I am forgting something and I don´t know when to stop mantring

I don´t know. :eek:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
One thing I and others sometimes do that brings a nice closure to the visit to a temple is to walk slowly backward out the main entrance door, especially if that door is aligned to the main sanctum. It is an inner feeling of never turning your back on God. Of course this really depends on the design of the temple.

Most people I know at least sit for a few minutes, or do a final pradakshina.