• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

question for those who reject biological evolution

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I have looked at pictures of cells and see how these cells multiply and then branch off to perform various duties. It is simply too fantastic, imo, to believe that all came about by "natural forces," or in other words, evolution.

Pogo

I have looked at pictures of cells and see how these cells multiply and then branch off to perform various duties. It is simply too fantastic, imo, to believe that all came about by "natural forces," or in other words, evolution.
That's OK, not everybody can understand.

YoursTrue

That's OK, not everybody can understand.
lol...ok...:) Yes, it's fantastic...how the cells multiply and divide and go off in different directions from one small beginning in the womb. Just fantastic. Now if you think it's evolution, that's obviously your choice. I no longer do. Can I explain how it's done or progressed? No. And I doubt you can either.

Pogo

lol...ok...:) Yes, it's fantastic...how the cells multiply and divide and go off in different directions from one small beginning in the womb. Just fantastic. Now if you think it's evolution, that's obviously your choice. I no longer do. Can I explain how it's done or progressed? No. And I doubt you can either.
Like I said it is OK that you don't understand.
Cell differentiation from the zygote in the womb is not evolution, Where did you get the idea that anybody thought that? LOL

YoursTrue

Like I said it is OK that you don't understand.
Cell differentiation from the zygote in the womb is not evolution, Where did you get the idea that anybody thought that? LOL
Ah thank you! So cell multiplication and differentiation have nothing to do with the process of evolution, you say. The procedures are just all packed into the first cell...lol ty. Nothing to do with evolution,you say. Ok.

Pogo

Ah thank you! So cell multiplication and differentiation have nothing to do with the process of evolution, you say. The procedures are just all packed into the first cell...lol ty. Nothing to do with evolution,you say. Ok.
1710827233275.jpeg

The law of holes, or the first law of holes, is an adage which states: "if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." It is used as a metaphor, warning that when in an untenable position, it is best to stop making the situation worse.

YoursTrue

So what I'm seeing from some of the comments is that human biological functions such as fetus forming and continuing forming arms, legs, hearts, skin, etc. is not a form inherent in evolution.

Pogo

So what I'm seeing from some of the comments is that human biological functions such as fetus forming and continuing forming arms, legs, hearts, skin, etc. is not a form inherent in evolution.
Once again you are mangling what is being said. "is not a form inherent in evolution." is something you made up to try to contrast to the subject of evolution of organisms. It is a straw man and as such a disreputable tactic. The alternative explanation is belied by your apparent command of English.

YoursTrue

Once again you are mangling what is being said. "is not a form inherent in evolution." is something you made up to try to contrast to the subject of evolution of organisms. It is a straw man and as such a disreputable tactic. The alternative explanation is belied by your apparent command of English.
No, sir (or ma'am). Easy to call something a straw man when you are afraid to be honest. Bye for now.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Science can explain how it's done and progressed. Your refusal to look at the evidence doesn't change that. Yes, it's complicated, but the well evidenced explanations are there for all to review. Your personal incredulity is a product of your own laziness/ignorance.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But this is just personal incredulity, probably based on lack of understanding of the mechanisms involved.
Like stage magic, if you don't understand how the trick is done, it seems like genuine magic.

Astrophile

I learned certain things in school about evolution that were eventually changed. They weren't taught as possibilities in school, but as facts. And as students, no one expressed the thought that these things can change. Neither did the teachers I studied with.
An interesting study on textbook teaching of evolution.
What things were you taught in school as facts about evolution that were eventually changed? What new hypotheses or interpretations replaced these supposed facts?

The fact that what you were taught about evolution has changed does not necessarily overthrow the whole theory. For example, during the 1970s it was thought that the lineage leading to the genus Homo separated from the lineage leading to the other apes about 20-30 million years ago. Now, molecular dating has shown that the separation between the human lineage and the chimpanzee-gorilla lineage occurred about 8-10 million years ago. This change does not alter the essential facts that we have evolved, that we are apes and that we have common ancestors with the other apes.

I know that it is impolite to ask a woman her age, but it would help me to understand you if I knew when you were at school and being taught about evolution.

YoursTrue

What things were you taught in school as facts about evolution that were eventually changed? What new hypotheses or interpretations replaced these supposed facts?

The fact that what you were taught about evolution has changed does not necessarily overthrow the whole theory. For example, during the 1970s it was thought that the lineage leading to the genus Homo separated from the lineage leading to the other apes about 20-30 million years ago. Now, molecular dating has shown that the separation between the human lineage and the chimpanzee-gorilla lineage occurred about 8-10 million years ago. This change does not alter the essential facts that we have evolved, that we are apes and that we have common ancestors with the other apes.

I know that it is impolite to ask a woman her age, but it would help me to understand you if I knew when you were at school and being taught about evolution.
My age aside, when I think about what's packed in a cell in the womb, I wonder if you can explain how it happened. Biologically speaking, of course. Which is certainly related to evolution. the theory of.