• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

question for those who reject biological evolution

anotherneil

One of the purposes of science is to provide the steppingstones for finding solutions to problems, such as treatments for illnesses.

Scientific knowledge derived from the observations and discoveries pertaining to evolution has actually served practical and beneficial purposes, such as genomic medicine, dealing with resistance to antibiotics, development of vaccines, discovery of drugs and treatments for cancer, infectious diseases, etc. It has even been useful in agriculture for dealing with resistance to insecticides and herbicides.

What I would like to know, from those who reject biological evolution, is this: would you turn down a treatment for an illness that was only possible to develop using scientific knowledge from biological evolution? Why or why not?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You can edit your own posts. Bottom left of the post, a pulldown menu with
Edit
Delete
I do not think that one can edit one's titles to threads. That happened to me where I messed up in a title about a month again when I wrote "prophet" instead of "profit". He can ask a moderator to change it for him.

anotherneil

I do not think that one can edit one's titles to threads. That happened to me where I messed up in a title about a month again when I wrote "prophet" instead of "profit". He can ask a moderator to change it for him.
That's what I was assuming - probably from experience on other forums, but it did allow me to modify the title.

anotherneil

BTW, it wouldn't surprise me if someone who rejects biological evolution would say that they would turn down something like a treatment based on biological evolution. There are cases folks who let themselves die rather than get treatment, and it seems like something that isn't very uncommon.

What would be interesting is to find out that someone who rejects evolution would accept treatments that were developed from scientific knowledge derived from biological evolution & frankly, they seem to me like they'd be hypocrites.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
BTW, it wouldn't surprise me if someone who rejects biological evolution would say that they would turn down something like a treatment based on biological evolution. There are cases folks who let themselves die rather than get treatment, and it seems like something that isn't very uncommon.

What would be interesting is to find out that someone who rejects evolution would accept treatments that were developed from scientific knowledge derived from biological evolution & frankly, they seem to me like they'd be hypocrites.
You will find a correlation, not a hundred percent one, but it does exist, between vaccine denial and creationism.

AdamjEdgar

One of the purposes of science is to provide the steppingstones for finding solutions to problems, such as treatments for illnesses.

Scientific knowledge derived from the observations and discoveries pertaining to evolution has actually served practical and beneficial purposes, such as genomic medicine, dealing with resistance to antibiotics, development of vaccines, discovery of drugs and treatments for cancer, infectious diseases, etc. It has even been useful in agriculture for dealing with resistance to insecticides and herbicides.

What I would like to know, from those who reject biological evolution, is this: would you turn down a treatment for an illness that was only possible to develop using scientific knowledge from biological evolution? Why or why not?
In answer to this question, i pose one for you to consider...

given that a great deal of mankinds technology comes from war and mans inhumanity to man, do you suppose that we shouldnt use it? Albert Einstein was a pacifist and yet he pushed the United States to develop nuclear weapons because of a fear that Germany might suceed in their endeavour!

You question above has nothing to do with origins really. Creationists all believe that God created man with intelligence, the difference being, we are supposed to use our minds for the worship of our creator and for helping others...not for the purpose of denying God and others!

The apostle Peter made a very significant statement regarding the literal reading of the books of Moses;

1. Peter states that his personal revelation came directly from the witness of Christs ministry, God in heaven, and the prophets

16For we did not follow cleverly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. 17For He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to Him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”c 18And we ourselves heard this voice from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.
19We also have the word of the prophets as confirmed beyond doubt. And you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture comes from one’s own interpretation.

2. Peter states in 2 Peter Ch 2
4For if God did not spare the angels when they sinned, but cast them deep into hell,a placing them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; 5if He did not spare the ancient world when He brought the flood on its ungodly people, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, among the eight; 6if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction,b reducing them to ashes as an example of what is coming on the ungodly;c 7and if He rescued Lot, a righteous man distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if all this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.
Theistic evolutionists attempt to claim that we cannot understand Old Testament writings and that Moses writings in Genesis are not to be read literally. However, clearly the apostle Peter dissagrees with such a notion as Peter quite obviously describes the events Moses wrote about, whilst also telling us that the information he is quoting from Moses writings were revealed to Him by not only the writings, but by the Messiah who lived among them and died on the cross!

TEism as a religion doesnt have a leg to stand on. Peter condems those who attempt to claim that the bible does not reveal itself to us and given Peter makes it very plain that Lucifers fall from heaven before creation of this world, the flood, and desctruction of sodom and gomorah are literal. TEism followers are denying Peters writings and therefore denying the revelation of God concerning these things. That is a very damning position for one to find oneself in.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

given that a great deal of mankinds technology comes from war and mans inhumanity to man, do you suppose that we shouldnt use it? Albert Einstein was a pacifist and yet he pushed the United States to develop nuclear weapons because of a fear that Germany might suceed in their endeavour!

You question above has nothing to do with origins really. Creationists all believe that God created man with intelligence, the difference being, we are supposed to use our minds for the worship of our creator and for helping others...not for the purpose of denying God and others!

The apostle Peter made a very significant statement regarding the literal reading of the books of Moses;

1. Peter states that his personal revelation came directly from the witness of Christs ministry, God in heaven, and the prophets

16For we did not follow cleverly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. 17For He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to Him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”c 18And we ourselves heard this voice from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.
19We also have the word of the prophets as confirmed beyond doubt. And you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture comes from one’s own interpretation.

4For if God did not spare the angels when they sinned, but cast them deep into hell,a placing them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; 5if He did not spare the ancient world when He brought the flood on its ungodly people, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, among the eight; 6if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction,b reducing them to ashes as an example of what is coming on the ungodly;c 7and if He rescued Lot, a righteous man distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if all this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.
Theistic evolutionists attempt to claim that we cannot understand Old Testament writings and that Moses writings in Genesis are not to be read literally. However, clearly the apostle Peter dissagrees with such a notion as Peter quite obviously describes the events Moses wrote about, whilst also telling us that the information he is quoting from Moses writings were revealed to Him by not only the writings, but by the Messiah who lived among them and died on the cross!

TEism as a religion doesnt have a leg to stand on. Peter condems those who attempt to claim that the bible does not reveal itself to us and given Peter makes it very plain that Lucifers fall from heaven before creation of this world, the flood, and desctruction of sodom and gomorah are literal. TEism followers are denying Peters writings and therefore denying the revelation of God concerning these things. That is a very damning position for one to find oneself in.
2 Peter was almost surely not written by Peter. "The epistle is traditionally attributed to Peter the Apostle, but most scholars consider the epistle pseudepigraphical (i.e., authored by one or more of Peter's followers in Ancient Rome, using Peter as a pseudonym)"

Were they Peter's beliefs? Probably. Did he write it, almost surely not. Read the whole article if you want to learn why scholars reject this as being by Peter.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nor was the author ever vaccinated. And now ...
... back to topic at hand.​
Except that in the previous post @AdamjEdgar kept making claims such as "Peter states". He was trying to give 2 Peter credibility by claiming that Peter himself was the one that said that when he probably never did such a thing. I would have had no problem if he says that in the 2 Peter various claims were made, but it is a step too far to claim that Peter was the one that said those things.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Interesting that you did not answer the OP question anywhere in that sermon.

Audie

Veteran Member

I want one of them to provide just one (1)
fact to disprove evolution.

AdamjEdgar

2 Peter was almost surely not written by Peter. "The epistle is traditionally attributed to Peter the Apostle, but most scholars consider the epistle pseudepigraphical (i.e., authored by one or more of Peter's followers in Ancient Rome, using Peter as a pseudonym)"
sorry but that is rubbish. The reason why it was written by the Apostle Peter is because the writer himself says so.
If a Christian is going to start playing those sorts of games, then screw christianity...the whole bible is fabricated.

Your argument is nonesense. The claim of authorship by the writer alone as an eyewitness to Christs baptism is proof of that! (i will not answer to any more of your stupidity on this point)

AdamjEdgar

But, you gave no answer of worth. It may be worth noting that this is a problem endemic to creationism.
1. what is a problem endemic to creationism?

2. read my post again in its entirety and context...starting with what Albert Einstein reportedly said to the US president in a written letter regarding Nuclear weapons! It should also be worth noting, he was a pacifist!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
1. what is a problem endemic to creationism?

A total lack of scientific evidence.
2. read my post again in its entirety and context...starting with what Albert Einstein reportedly said to the US president in a written letter regarding Nuclear weapons! It should also be worth noting, he was a pacifist!
Don't get so excited just because you are wrong. Even a pacifist can recognize an evil that has to be eliminated.