• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for the Jehovah's Witnesses.About meeting abraham in heaven when you die.

Frank Goad

Do you think when we die and go to heaven.We meet people from the bible like abraham?I think we do.Because of Ephesians 3:14-15.And Matthew 8:11.:)

Ephesians 3:14-15
King James Version

14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Matthew 8:11
King James Version

11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

I got this from right here: BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.

Last edited:

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
@Frank Goad -

How many times do you need to be told by the members of that faith community that they do not believe that anyone goes to heaven…. or hell when they die…. that there is no existence after death until resurrection?

Please understand, I’m not making a value judgment about what you believe or what they believe. I am simply noting that you have been told this again and agsin and again.

Reactions: Vee

Frank Goad

Do you think when we die and go to heaven.We meet people from the bible like abraham?I think we do.Because of Ephesians 3:14-15.And Matthew 8:11.:)

King James Version

King James Version

11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

I got this from right here: BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.

Also to the people that believe abraham didn't really go to heaven.In some spirit form.

This is for you: THE RICH MAN AND LAZARUS (Luke 16) IS NOT A PARABLE

Frank Goad

I love talking to Jehovah's Witnesses on this kind of stuff.Because they are so kind and you can really tell they love Jesus.And they take the time to answer every question you have.:)

Vee

Premium Member

King James Version

King James Version

Hi Frank,

As mentioned by @RabbiO , we don't believe we're going to heaven or hell when we die. So to answer your question, I'm not expecting to meet Abraham, or anyone else in heaven.
I do believe in resurrection in the new system that will come sometime in the future.
Cheers

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
@Frank Goad -

How many times do you need to be told by the members of that faith community that they do not believe that anyone goes to heaven…. or hell when they die…. that there is no existence after death until resurrection?

Please understand, I’m not making a value judgment about what you believe or what they believe. I am simply noting that you have been told this again and agsin and again.

But I think there is another side of that coin. If one does not believe you go to Heaven... or hell when they die... but there is a Heaven and a Hell...

Does one's lack of belief in it change it?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

King James Version

King James Version

As a believer in Christ, I would agree with your statement...

In Rev. 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

The Lamb is in Mt Zion, the place of the north and the city of our great King... the New Jerusalem--a place we call Heaven.

It would appear that we can believe it is so by our scripture, HOWEVER,

please see my signature. :)

Bree

King James Version

King James Version

perhaps the verse means you'll meet them when they are resurrected on earth

Jesus spoke of Abraham in reference to the resurrection of the dead

“As regards the resurrection of the dead, did you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying ‘I am the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob’? He is the God, not of the dead, but of the living.”—Matt. 22:31, 32.

Why do you think Jesus would mention Abraham in a conversation about the resurrection??

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
@Frank Goad -

I don't believe that it quite true, RabbiO. Assuming you know some Hebrew (I am not fluent, I try to understand what I read...), I've been to Israel, know a few phrases, but perhaps we can discuss a few things about 'hell.' Hell is a word used in many older English translations to translate sheol (Hebrew) and the Greek word Hades. So in the King James Version the word 'hell' is taken from sheol 31 times and the Greek word Hades 10 times. But this is not always the case with 'sheol,' because it is also translated as "grave" and "pit." Yet another translation also has it (sheol) as death (in English from sheol).
I don't like long answers, so I'll keep this one as short as possible. How do you feel about what I just said regarding the various renderings of the Hebrew and Greek sheol and Hades? It's hell - grave - pit - and/or death, depending on translations.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Assuming you know some Hebrew…….
Where you’re from is that considered light hearted joshing when someone makes that comment to a rabbi?
…[P]erhaps we can discuss a few things about 'hell’.
Perhaps, but you’ll need to start a new thread. Given the question as posed by the OP and given that my response was tailored very specifically for the individual who asked the question, within that context my answer stands.

YoursTrue

Where you’re from is that considered light hearted joshing when someone makes that comment to a rabbi?

Perhaps, but you’ll need to start a new thread. Given the question as posed by the OP and given that my response was tailored very specifically for the individual who asked the question, within that context my answer stands.
I don't really know you or your background, so I was not "joshing." Oh, and you're a Rabbi? ?

YoursTrue

You made the comment about heaven and hell and what Jehovah's Witnesses believe about that. Since you said, "they do not believe that anyone goes to heaven…. or hell when they die…. ," please understand that is not true. And that is why I asked you about your understanding of the Hebrew word which is sometimes translated as HELL.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The human first no science no religion memory.

Says. Clouds came out as hot rolling dense burning smoking gases. Cooled. Out of volcanoes.

Owned no images.

Then temple science transmitting to pyramid blew up. So it's about human death. Life sacrificed by fallout cooling gained wise men's image the scientists in the clouds.

Exact taught reason why. Took a huge ground mass of water we used to be bio healthy up into the heavens. To cool burning nuclear hell man of science had personally by design of man introduced.

Burning falling spirit gas. Fall out.

So when Rome lying claiming Stonehenge now made that technology safe...they burnt life again.

They were told by old testimonials it was evil.

The image of man again joined in with previous father human of science image as Jesus terms. Witnessed the event.

Told once again man's machine transmitting sciences had caused it.

How human and animal images got put into clouds by designer man. Taking our holy life oxygenated water. Which clouds hadn't owned first. And living ground microbiology that gets burnt.

What cloud image changes were caused in humans death. By machine causes nuclear.

Witness said we dont own burning hell on the ground where machine science wants it.

YoursTrue

perhaps the verse means you'll meet them when they are resurrected on earth

Jesus spoke of Abraham in reference to the resurrection of the dead

“As regards the resurrection of the dead, did you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying ‘I am the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob’? He is the God, not of the dead, but of the living.”—Matt. 22:31, 32.

Why do you think Jesus would mention Abraham in a conversation about the resurrection??
@Frank Goad -- yes, can you please answer this question (as a Methodist, of course -- or perhaps what you believe or have been taught by Methodists, Catholics, or anyone)? Any idea?
And similarly, since you've enjoyed asking questions primarily of Jehovah's Witnesses, so you say, because they are so friendly, what do you believe about heaven OR hell...<g> just as a consideration, what have you learned (from your conversations, of course).

YoursTrue

Yes, I am a rabbi. If you are not already aware let me point out that @rosends is also a rabbi, although he and I identify with different movements.
Speaking briefly about heaven and hell, I went to a funeral conducted by a reform rabbi. He said nothing about a resurrection. He also said nothing about heaven or hell.