• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for everyone on here about God

Frank Goad

Can God make visions in your head so real that they look like you can touch them?Even though they are literally just in your mind?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Dreams are notoriously deceptive, but just keep in mind that if God wanted to put information in there in the dream format He could. You can be sure that He wouldn't put information there Himself that He didn't approve of. That's all I can offer.

shmogie

Can God make visions in your head so real that they look like you can touch them?Even though they are literally just in your mind?
God can do whatever He chooses.

However, in 2013 after a knee replacement went terribly bad, I spent 63 days in the hospital, half in the ICU.

I had hallucinations from the meds and stress. They weren´t from God, but they seemed absolutely real to me !

Rational Agnostic

God can do whatever He chooses.

However, in 2013 after a knee replacement went terribly bad, I spent 63 days in the hospital, half in the ICU.

I had hallucinations from the meds and stress. They weren´t from God, but they seemed absolutely real to me !

How do you distinguish visions that come from God from hallucinations that come from your brain? For instance, there is some evidence that Paul had epilepsy. How do you know his vision of God was not just a hallucination?

shmogie

How do you distinguish visions that come from God from hallucinations that come from your brain? For instance, there is some evidence that Paul had epilepsy. How do you know his vision of God was not just a hallucination?
The only evidence that Paul had epilepsy is what someone has made up. I know Pauls vision wasn´t a hallucination because it was accepted without question by the other Apostles.

They were with Christ during His ministry, interacted with him multiple times after the resurrection, and were in deep harmony with Him after His ascension. If Paul´s vision was bogus, he could not have fooled them.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I not talking ME having this ability.But God.

Everyone has this ability to do this themselves. Of course if God exists God could do anything. Claiming God did it is an anecdotal claim, without considering humans are perfectly capable. I believe in God, but such claims are questionable at best.

Douglas G

Tough Cookie

Anything God does in consciousness has purpose, whether it be for instruction, revelation, the conveyance of knowledge, etc. We can impose, with a radio wave of 4 megahertz a communication directly into other's brains. There's details I'm missing writing off the top of my head. Consciousness has avenues to interact with other's minds through our psychic potential. Remote viewers have exhibited extraordinary insights in viewing sessions. There's every reason to expect that God can send the strong delusion scripture declares will be in the last days. People who believe the lie do so completely unaware they are being deceived. A man needs to train his thoughts to be in line with what's called for in having a mind for God. It is not a matter of what God can do, it's what he chooses to do in service of his own purpose and will. His capacity is in view in reality along these lines.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Frank......there is a difference between an hallucination and a delusion. A delusion is what God allows people to keep if they like them so much. But if you love the truth, he will reveal his will to you. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12)

No one can come to Christ without an invitation from the Father. (John 6:65) He doesn't just invite anyone.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Epilepsy does not causes hallucinations but there are many medical/psychological conditions which do. But why bring a non-existent entity in the discussion?

Diamond

Everyone has this ability to do this themselves. Of course if God exists God could do anything. Claiming God did it is an anecdotal claim, without considering humans are perfectly capable. I believe in God, but such claims are questionable at best.
I have the gift of prophetic dreams and visions, I dream of warning people I know,or things that need answering for myself and loved ones and sometimes the reason for something in the past or of a person who is going to die soon,they always are accurate, very accurate.I've been doing this since age 7 years old,so at first it was scary ,now I appreciate it,and I thank God he chose me as one of the people who has this. So yes it is capable of being so.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I have the gift of prophetic dreams and visions, I dream of warning people I know,or things that need answering for myself and loved ones and sometimes the reason for something in the past or of a person who is going to die soon,they always are accurate, very accurate.I've been doing this since age 7 years old,so at first it was scary ,now I appreciate it,and I thank God he chose me as one of the people who has this. So yes it is capable of being so.

I still take skeptical stance on such claims. I have insight into things often that are not explained by objective evidence, but reserve judgement as to the reality of such predictive or healing insight.

Diamond

Dreams are notoriously deceptive, but just keep in mind that if God wanted to put information in there in the dream format He could. You can be sure that He wouldn't put information there Himself that He didn't approve of. That's all I can offer.
when I remember a dream there is always a message in it for me from God,and they are always spot on,no deception at all.

sooda

Veteran Member
The only evidence that Paul had epilepsy is what someone has made up. I know Pauls vision wasn´t a hallucination because it was accepted without question by the other Apostles.

They were with Christ during His ministry, interacted with him multiple times after the resurrection, and were in deep harmony with Him after His ascension. If Paul´s vision was bogus, he could not have fooled them.

Paul never mentioned that Jesus was resurrected in the flesh. He never mentions empty tombs, physical appearances, or the ascension of Jesus into heaven after his crucifixion. Book of Acts gives several embellished accounts of Paul's vision. All of them clearly reflect a spiritual body and none of them refer to it as a physical body.