• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Christians.

In order for Prophecy at (Psalm 34:20) to be fulfilled, which method of death is accurate and true?

• Total voters

Bro Rando

A or B.jpg

whirlingmerc

Technically that is a prophesy of the ultimately RIGHTEOUS one (fitting of Jesus)
Psalm 34:20 shows Jesus was the ultimate in RIGHTEOUS since non of his bones were broken... the Romans did not break His legs in either case

Jesus had nails (plural) put through his hands (not wrists)
“If I don’t see the mark of the nails in His hands, put my finger into the mark of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will never believe!”” John 20:25 CSB
so A

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Prophecies are not prognostications. That is superstition imposed upon Christianity I think. I also think that Psalm 34 is a song with many lyrics and lines, and it is not about bones but is about faithfulness. Consider the people it is written about who are under siege, afflicted, threatened and beaten; but they sing "Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it." That is what this is about.

Grandliseur

Thought provoking question.

I have another piece of the puzzle for you, though it is not conclusive. When scripture tells us about the hands of Jesus, is the word for nail, singular or plural?!
25 The other disciples therefore said to him, We have seen the Lord. But he said to them, Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and put my finger into the mark of the nails, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe. (Darby)
25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. KJV
25 Consequently the other disciples would say to him: “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them: “Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will certainly not believe.” NWT​

The fact that the word 'nail' is in plural I found telling.

Bro Rando

Technically that is a prophesy of the ultimately RIGHTEOUS one (fitting of Jesus)
Psalm 34:20 shows Jesus was the ultimate in RIGHTEOUS since non of his bones were broken... the Romans did not break His legs in either case

“If I don’t see the mark of the nails in His hands, put my finger into the mark of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will never believe!”” John 20:25 CSB
so A

AS you can see by looking at Option 'B' one nail can make (nail prints) in plural. Nail is in singular, it's the PRINTS in plural. Placing the nail in the palm would have broken bones and made the Prophecy invalid which is Satan's aim. The Nail was placed between the bones just below the wrists to hold the weight of the body onto the torture stake.

Wrist.jpg

whirlingmerc

so A

In John 20:25 Thomas says nails twice.... ton elon nail plural said plural times... why do you think it says it in the singular?

whirlingmerc

Technically, it's not a prophecy at all.

The law is picture and type of heavenly realities and has A KING... the messiah... I would take all Psalms of David and all psalms depicting a King as picturing the Messiah. In this cases The Ultimately RIGHTEOUS one will not have his bones broken in his trials and it's a picture in some aspect of the messiah as all or almost all of the psalms are

whirlingmerc

Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 10.03.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 10.02.50 AM.png

It's interesting even the Watchtower originally had a cross on the cover... weird huh?
but why did they use an image from a masonic temple? I wouldn't

but everyone makes mistakes... I suppose how you turn from your mistakes
is the more important thing

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Thought provoking question.

I have another piece of the puzzle for you, though it is not conclusive. When scripture tells us about the hands of Jesus, is the word for nail, singular or plural?!
25 The other disciples therefore said to him, We have seen the Lord. But he said to them, Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and put my finger into the mark of the nails, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe. (Darby)
25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. KJV
25 Consequently the other disciples would say to him: “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them: “Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will certainly not believe.” NWT​

The fact that the word 'nail' is in plural I found telling.
Ooh, very nice catch

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
AS you can see by looking at Option 'B' one nail can make (nail prints) in plural. Nail is in singular, it's the PRINTS in plural. Placing the nail in the palm would have broken bones and made the Prophecy invalid which is Satan's aim. The Nail was placed between the bones just below the wrists to hold the weight of the body onto the torture stake.

View attachment 19605
Directly from your translation of the Bible:
But he said to them: “Unless I see in his hands the print* of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side,

John 20 | Online Bible | New World Translation
Did your Bible get it wrong?

whirlingmerc

Could be there is a terbium quid... 2 nails into 2 wrists ... the Bible speaks of nails murals and the word translated hand could be modern hand or wrist

so could have another option being C, but like the passover lamb with no bones broken I am confident Jesus was the perfect passover lamb two hands spread like a cross, nails in either hands or wrists....

Last edited:

Poisonshady313

The law is picture and type of heavenly realities and has A KING... the messiah... I would take all Psalms of David and all psalms depicting a King as picturing the Messiah. In this cases The Ultimately RIGHTEOUS one will not have his bones broken in his trials and it's a picture in some aspect of the messiah as all or almost all of the psalms are

Psalm 34 doesn't depict a king, doesn't depict the messiah, and as previously stated, isn't a prophecy.

Poisonshady313

It is a psalm of King David and David does say in the psalms that 'the spirit of God spoke through me'
While that is true, it doesn't change the truth of what I said.

Not every psalm is a prophecy, and not every psalm is about a king. or the messiah.

And while I'm at it, not every psalm is written by King David.

whirlingmerc

While that is true, it doesn't change the truth of what I said.

Not every psalm is a prophecy, and not every psalm is about a king. or the messiah.

And while I'm at it, not every psalm is written by King David.

About 75 Psalms are psalms of David by title but all or almost all psalms
rightly understood speak of Jesus and that's true from the very first Psalm

Psalms book 1: David's first book of Psalms

right up to the very last psalm
Psalms book 5: Songs for coming home

and so it's no wonder that Psalms is the most quoted Old Testamant book in the New Testament