• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all religions on here

Frank Goad

Do you think the spirits of dead people can haunt the living?I am not sure.:confused:Because i have never seen a ghost ever appear to me.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Only on a moonlit night whilst the waters of R'yleh are seething with the anger of the Mad One.
;)

lostwanderingsoul

Do you think the spirits of dead people can haunt the living?I am not sure.:confused:Because i have never seen a ghost ever appear to me.
The Bible says that the dead do not know anything. They are simply dead. When Christ returns, then everyone will rise from their graves as spirit beings. Only then will they be able to "haunt" someone. On the other hand Satan has evil spirits ( not the spirits of dead people ) which roam the earth trying to cause harm and confusion. Some of these might try to appear as ghosts to scare people or cause other problems. Rest assured, it is not your long dead grandma or an angry ex girlfriend,

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't think 'haunt' is the best word, but I do believe people who have left their physical bodies can communicate with those in the physical body in one way or another.

InChrist

Free4ever
No...

As a cloud vanishes and is gone, so one who goes down to the grave does not return. He will never come to his house again; his place will know him no more. Job 7:9-10

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Having never seen one there's no reason for me to believe in ghosts.
Same goes for alien abductions.

However having spoken with God, I can understand why people have reason to believe in God. If I had experienced a ghost, I would understand why people believe in them.

So a lack of experiencing a ghost, don't really have an opinion either way.

David T

Premium Member
naaaaw the dead are dead we have moved past them. Or.......
783_v9_ba.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Only on the big screen.

With the lights dimmed low.

Soda in one hand, popcorn in the other.

arthra

Baha'i

The Baha'i view is well summarized here:

"...those who are far from God have no power to affect the living any more.[1][6][7] Indeed, evil is not viewed as a power in the next world - people who are evil are described as "atrophied" and "enfeebled"[8] and that accounts of "possession" are about people who have yielded to their own darker passions and baser nature".[7]