• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about two different religions

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
No way consciousness linked to any human physics, brain is just a translator between physical and spiritual bodies. Our individuality is it.

If someone is in a coma, their consciousness is in hiatus; they can be in a coma for years and when they awaken, they do not have any conscious memory of the passing of time. If consciousness was separate from the brain that would not be the case. The brain is where we process all conscious thought.....when we sleep, the brain goes into a completely different mode. If we wake up in the middle of the night, we have to look at a clock to see how long we have been asleep.

We have a physical body, not a spiritual one. We are completely mortal and when the body dies, the soul dies with it. (Ezekiel 18:4) A "soul" in the Bible is the living breathing creature. When we die, all consciousness ceases. (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

We are the product of a gene pool and we do not get to choose which genes we end up with. Those genes largely determine who we will become, along with the environment in which we were raised. No one can come to Christ unless God invites them. (John 6:65)

What makes you think we have a spiritual body along with our physical one?

leov

If someone is in a coma, their consciousness is in hiatus; they can be in a coma for years and when they awaken, they do not have any conscious memory of the passing of time. If consciousness was separate from the brain that would not be the case. The brain is where we process all conscious thought.....when we sleep, the brain goes into a completely different mode. If we wake up in the middle of the night, we have to look at a clock to see how long we have been asleep.

We have a physical body, not a spiritual one. We are completely mortal and when the body dies, the soul dies with it. (Ezekiel 18:4) A "soul" in the Bible is the living breathing creature. When we die, all consciousness ceases. (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

We are the product of a gene pool and we do not get to choose which genes we end up with. Those genes largely determine who we will become, along with the environment in which we were raised. No one can come to Christ unless God invites them. (John 6:65)

What makes you think we have a spiritual body along with our physical one?
Coma is something of physical body, spiritual body is not affected, anything affecting functions of physical body just would break translation tie.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Question about two different religions.Do you think the two religions(the new age religion).(And the religion of occultism).Are flourishing?

All is relative

Definition of flourishing: healthy, wholesome, well (few words Google came up with)
I would not say the Catholic Church is flourishing nowadays with all the stories about sex with little boys/girls
Knowing they have had sex with little boys/girls the past 2000 years I would say they did not flourish for 2000 years

I don't know if new age and occultism do similar things as in Catholic Church ... if so, I won't call it flourishing
I do know that "strange things" happen wherever humans gather (especially in the name of God), so probably "stuff" happens also there

So my guess would be ... "not flourishing"

David T

Premium Member
"I cannot fathom how people can fuse Christianity and evolution"

Interesting you don't realize that "evolution" is a narrative about something, not is the thing. Apparently for you st francis isnt a christian. Thats Wierd and bizaare at the same time.
Tree_of_Life_3-2_large.jpg