• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about mind powers

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I would eliminate every living being's suffering.

images

Koldo

Outstanding Member
If you had the power to think things to happen.And then they did.What would be your good deeds?I would heal people in the terminal wing of a hospital.:)

Would I only be able to use this power once?
If not I would grant myself unlimited knowledge and mental prowess first. Then I would know exactly what to do after that.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Wouldn't use it. If there was any risk of using it inadvertently, I'd use it to wish for my own death.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
If you had the power to think things to happen.And then they did.What would be your good deeds?I would heal people in the terminal wing of a hospital.:)
And if one of those patients subsequently murdered a neighbor, one raped three women, one of them swindled the life savings of someone she met on an online dating app, how would you feel then? What would you do? Think them back into terminal condition? I don’t think the world needs you, or anyone else, playing G-d.

Erebus

With my mind?

The world would pretty quickly fall into absolute chaos if I didn't use my powers to put an end to myself ASAP.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
And if one of those patients subsequently murdered a neighbor, one raped three women, one of them swindled the life savings of someone she met on an online dating app, how would you feel then? What would you do? Think them back into terminal condition? I don’t think the world needs you, or anyone else, playing G-d.
And maybe (just maybe, of course) that's why we have no such ability.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
The problem with this is the one that comes up with all the stories about people being granted wishes. Unforeseen consequences.

I think I would avoid detailed things like curing people in hospital. What might be best would be to find some general thing that would on balance improve everyone's lot, then just accept the consequences, good and bad, so long as the good outweighed the bad. I'm thinking in the area of the human psyche, which is where most of our problems come from, if we ignore natural things like tornadoes.

How about making everyone more contented with what they have? Hey, how about eliminating all sociopaths present and future?

Last edited:

Alien826

No religious beliefs
And if one of them was a cop that caught the murderer and the rapist and then went on to prevent twenty other murders and rapes, and another started a fund to recompense the victims of fraud, including this one? You might consider it best to let it be.

It gets complicated, right?