• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Paramount Picture wants to work with Tarantino on the project, J.J Abrams is on board, Tarantino confirms there is a script and that the film will be rated R. DSo we might be getting the best Star Trek movie ever. Given Tarantino's casting choices in the past, who do you think is going to play who in his Star Trek movie?

Quentin Tarantino Says His Star Trek Movie Would Be R-Rated
Quentin Tarantino Confirms Script for His Star Trek Movie Exists
https://trekmovie.com/2019/06/10/quentin-tarantino-gives-an-update-on-his-star-trek-film/

Last edited:

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
Paramount Picture wants to work with Tarantino on the project, J.J Abrams is on board, Tarantino confirms there is a script and that the film will be rated R. DSo we might be getting the best Star Trek movie ever. Given Tarantino's casting choices in the past, who do you think is going to play who in his Star Trek movie?

https://trekmovie.com/2019/06/10/quentin-tarantino-gives-an-update-on-his-star-trek-film/
Looking forward to it.

OTOH, I'm also looking forward to Tarantino's "The Second Coming....and this time he's pissed off!"

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
As for the OP, if Tarantino sticks with the same universe and timeline, then he'd have to stick with the same cast. OTOH, if he goes off on a tangent or several years into the future, then the options are wide open.

Nimos

Didn't J.J Abrams just help butchering Star wars? Guess its now time for Star trek, I hope Tarantino takes the lead on this one :)

Bob the Unbeliever

I am, with some reservations, quite a fan of Tarantino 's movies. And with JJ? There will be lots and lots of Explosions... ;)

This could be Interesting with an I.

Alas, the current cast is missing some of the players, due to an untimely demise.

Could still work, though.

The Reverend Bob

As for the OP, if Tarantino sticks with the same universe and timeline, then he'd have to stick with the same cast. OTOH, if he goes off on a tangent or several years into the future, then the options are wide open.
I want to see a total recast:

Kurt Russell or Brad Pitt as Kirk
Samuel L. Jackson as Spock
Robert De Niro or Harvey Keitel as McCoy
Tim Roth as Scotty
Pam Grier as Uhura
Ken Watanabe as Sulu

The Reverend Bob

I-f'ing-ew. Jar Jar Abrams was bad enough. Tarantino should never be allowed to touch Star Trek.

I don't believe he can do it.

But why? Tarantino has proven to be a very competent director who can bring fresh ideas to old material. Karl Urban who plays McCoy in the current timeline said he has seen parts of the script and said it is going to focus on the horrors of space and how space is a very hostile environment. I think Tarantino can convey that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But why? Tarantino has proven to be a very competent director who can bring fresh ideas to old material. Karl Urban who plays McCoy in the current timeline said he has seen parts of the script and said it is going to focus on the horrors of space and how space is a very hostile environment. I think Tarantino can convey that.
Star Trek is about exploring morality and ethics (even Roddenberry said it is). Its thinking, using your brain, and relying on those you trust to get everyone safely home (Starfeet is military, afterall). Its not action, and its especially not blood, guts, gore, dismemberments, grotesque violence, and other features that are halmarks of Tarantinos career. The dangers of space travel could be a great Star Trek story. Tarantino is not the person to tell it.

The Reverend Bob

Star Trek is about exploring morality and ethics (even Roddenberry said it is). Its thinking, using your brain, and relying on those you trust to get everyone safely home (Starfeet is military, afterall). Its not action, and its especially not blood, guts, gore, dismemberments, grotesque violence, and other features that are halmarks of Tarantinos career. The dangers of space travel could be a great Star Trek story. Tarantino is not the person to tell it.
Mark L. Smith who co-wrote The Revenant is the one who wrote the screenplay so it would be his story actually.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Mark L. Smith who co-wrote The Revenant is the one who wrote the screenplay so it would be his story actually.
The director is the one who directs the production and has final say. Theyre the one person who can potentially spin something more than the editors.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Didn't J.J Abrams just help butchering Star wars? Guess its now time for Star trek, I hope Tarantino takes the lead on this one :)
Jar Jar Abrams got to butcher Star Trek before he was given the green light to take the knives to Star Wars and leave that a bloody carcass.