• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Queens of Heaven have been historically far more kind and rational than Yahweh!

wellwisher

The goddesses that are being discussed are all based on the unconditional love of the mother. In Christianity this is personified by Mother Mary. This is contrasted to the conditional love of the father, as expressed by the tough love male deities. Love does not have to be sugar and spice, to be love. It can be hot peppers and horseradish.

God the father set conditions for receiving reward and/or avoiding punishment. Fear is the beginning of wisdom. With imposed fear, one develops an awareness of the imposed cause and affect, and can learn to become rational and then wise to cultural and natural cause and affect.

The Goddess or mother acts like her adult children are forever her babies and toddlers, loving them unconditionally, even if they form bad habits, that can become regressive later in life. Hitler's mother loved him with unconditional love. Did that help justify his bad behavior? In psychology the mother often gets the blame often due to the pitfalls of unconditional love getting the better of reason.

Unconditional love does not help adults know the optimized path, since even the regressive path will get a "good job" salute. Unconditional love may even involve lying to help spare feelings. The child who is a poor athlete, may be told he/she is good, to keep him/her positive and happy. Positive, happy and secure is the real goal of unconditional love. But the details can form bad habits due to loving acceptance.

Unconditional love is good for babies and children, since they are basically harmless and less willful. They are impulsive and learning to spread their wings. It is useful to not prejudge, but to encourage their creative and instinctive drives, even if not optimized in terms of end results. The real goals are positive attitudes and willpower. A happy person will have a happier life.

But as humanity evolved beyond its childhood; fall from paradise, and will power becomes stronger; adolescence of humanity, the cause and affect between behavior and outcome needed to become clear, since the impact of questionable, but condoned adult actions, can extend way beyond yourself.

Civilization evolved into conditional love, with the male patriarchies replacing the matriarchies. It is one thing for a 1 year old child to rough pat the cat, but it is another thing for a 18 year old male, who was coddled after hitting the cat, to scale this up to hitting all cats very hard. If we gave that young man unconditional love, culture would be in trouble. A culture of selfish mother's boys, who can do nothing wrong, would be harmful to everyone. Conditional love targeted these perverted and selfish mother's boys and made them men; patriarchies.

Consider the latest fad, driven by free market forces in the medical industries; gender choice. This is being driven by the Goddess, so to speak. It is nonsense and regressive, but it is receiving unconditional love. It is almost socially taboo to set conditions and resist unconditional acceptance. The goal is to create a future need for goods and service, since the unnatural behavior that will result in long term social problems. The goddess will win the battle, but will lose the war.

This will backfire in the end and cause harm that has to be mopped up, for a price. Then conditions will be set for the future. The alternative is to take a conditional love approach, up front, and learn to be rational about this, even if it hurts feelings, but saves the natural soul. We are no longer in the infancy of civilization. There is no need to repeat the mistakes of the distant past. This is not new.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
It is however notable that the Mother Mary's role in Christianity is one that is explicitly subservient to both the Father and the Son - in fact she is not even considered a divine aspect in her own right. Christianity, in this aspect, is mythologically and metaphysically centered around maledom and patriarchy.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@wellwisher
Your post made a few good points but in the end made little sense regarding the points I made in the OP.

Yahweh sanctioned being a total bigot , committing genocide worse than Adolf Hitler per capita, hardened Pharoah's heart and then murdered babies and children because of Pharoah's hardness of heart, God sanctioned killing everyone in Pagan cities and taking the Virgins as booty to be sex slaves, God ordered people to be executed for working on the wrong day of the week, Yahweh said Virgins who get raped are defiled and should marry their rapist (to live the rest of their lives in torture, agony, and reliving the traumatic event).

So no, you haven't made a point at all. If the Goddess loses the war then we have a total monster, bloodthirsty , mass murdering , baby killer , and bigot in charge. Mother Goddess was way better.

The good point in your OP is that healthy correction and tough love from a responsible Father is very important for a man to receive to be broken of bad habits, and a mother can be more likely to enable the bad habits by avoiding confrontation.

The Father is more likely to get you to do chores and be responsible.

But that isn't what I'm talking about. Yahweh is the most cruel , barbaric Psychopath in the Bible and worst thing that ever tortured and afflicted the earth.

Yahweh tortures people in Hell for all eternity according to Christian Theology just for not believing in him. That is the worst epitome of psychopathic cruelty and injustice. Adolf Hitler was nicer to Jews in comparison. I would take Auschwitz and a gas chamber than even be in Heaven worshipping the cruel sadist responsible for such atrocities.

Also, God is not a responsible Father either. He left us a Bible full of violence that contradicts itself and has verses that are clearly misleading, dishonest, and lead people to completely opposite beliefs, had his son tortured to death to save some of us from himself if we accept Jesus, and he is unstable in all his ways, jealous, and wrathful.

That isn't horseradish and hot peppers love. That's Sociopathic irrational insanity and hatred!

avatars-000387166307-3zd5ah-t500x500.jpg
evil god.jpg

It's the epitome of disgusting. Not a responsible Father at all. What did the Mother Goddess do that was so terrible? If anything she might harm us by letting us party too much, like when Mary got Jesus to reluctantly work his first miracle by turning water into wine.

705ffb189dc722fb8299b5c9754e87cd.jpg

I simply get more out of praying to female entities, ...

Can you give some example, what do you get?

...Jeremiah was dealing with people who wouldn't stop burning incense to the Queen of Heaven. The Idolaters essentially said, "when we pray to the Queen of Heaven she helps us and our lives are great. When we stop burning incense to her and just pray to Yahweh, everything falls apart and we are afflicted in every way" (same message just a different choice of words)...

Please show the scripture where is that said?

...Scripture says that if a man rapes a Virgin, the Virgin has to marry her rapist. That has to be hell reliving the same traumatic event over and over again for the rest of one's life like that...

Perhaps it doesn’t matter much, but I think it is good to notice, if the person was already married, the rapist would have deserved death penalty. So, the only case where this law could have been applied would have been, if a virgin rapes a virgin. I would assume that would be quite rare in that society.

...Which Religion has a female entity creating Scriptures that say...

Do the female deities say anything at all? By what I know, they are only pretty images without anything wise to say or do. And that is why I think they are irrelevant.

...Lets not forget , God said he would harden the heart of Pharoah to not let the Hebrews out of slavery. Then he sent the Angel of death to kill babies and children (all the first born of Egypt) because Pharoah had hardness of heart, that God made clear he was responsible for in the first place. Is anything more sickening?...

In this case I think it is good to notice, pharaohs heart hardened every time things went well. When pharaoh saw things are again well, he thought he doesn’t really have to let the slaves go. And when things were difficult, his heart was softened and he thought that he lets the Jews go. I think it would not have been good to keep the plagues going eternally just to keep pharaohs heart soft.

...Yahweh ordered that that people caught working on Saturday should be stoned to death.
Death by stoning would be a scary and often painful way to die. What would we think if there was a regime now a days that killed people for working on the wrong day of the week? Wouldn't we say that is as bad as terrorist groups like ISIS and their policies (which have their roots in Yahweh)...

When nation doesn’t keep its rules, the nation will destroy itself. Those who didn’t obey the rules, didn’t really care what happens to the nation. I think America is nowadays a good example of what happens when law is not kept.

...At least Jesus totally contradicted all the Scriptures...

I don’t think there is any good argument for that. Jesus didn’t do that.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The goddesses that are being discussed are all based on the unconditional love of the mother. In Christianity this is personified by Mother Mary. This is contrasted to the conditional love of the father, as expressed by the tough love male deities. Love does not have to be sugar and spice, to be love. It can be hot peppers and horseradish.

God the father set conditions for receiving reward and/or avoiding punishment. Fear is the beginning of wisdom. With imposed fear, one develops an awareness of the imposed cause and affect, and can learn to become rational and then wise to cultural and natural cause and affect.

The Goddess or mother acts like her adult children are forever her babies and toddlers, loving them unconditionally, even if they form bad habits, that can become regressive later in life. Hitler's mother loved him with unconditional love. Did that help justify his bad behavior? In psychology the mother often gets the blame often due to the pitfalls of unconditional love getting the better of reason.

Unconditional love does not help adults know the optimized path, since even the regressive path will get a "good job" salute. Unconditional love may even involve lying to help spare feelings. The child who is a poor athlete, may be told he/she is good, to keep him/her positive and happy. Positive, happy and secure is the real goal of unconditional love. But the details can form bad habits due to loving acceptance.

Unconditional love is good for babies and children, since they are basically harmless and less willful. They are impulsive and learning to spread their wings. It is useful to not prejudge, but to encourage their creative and instinctive drives, even if not optimized in terms of end results. The real goals are positive attitudes and willpower. A happy person will have a happier life.

But as humanity evolved beyond its childhood; fall from paradise, and will power becomes stronger; adolescence of humanity, the cause and affect between behavior and outcome needed to become clear, since the impact of questionable, but condoned adult actions, can extend way beyond yourself.

Civilization evolved into conditional love, with the male patriarchies replacing the matriarchies. It is one thing for a 1 year old child to rough pat the cat, but it is another thing for a 18 year old male, who was coddled after hitting the cat, to scale this up to hitting all cats very hard. If we gave that young man unconditional love, culture would be in trouble. A culture of selfish mother's boys, who can do nothing wrong, would be harmful to everyone. Conditional love targeted these perverted and selfish mother's boys and made them men; patriarchies.

Consider the latest fad, driven by free market forces in the medical industries; gender choice. This is being driven by the Goddess, so to speak. It is nonsense and regressive, but it is receiving unconditional love. It is almost socially taboo to set conditions and resist unconditional acceptance. The goal is to create a future need for goods and service, since the unnatural behavior that will result in long term social problems. The goddess will win the battle, but will lose the war.

This will backfire in the end and cause harm that has to be mopped up, for a price. Then conditions will be set for the future. The alternative is to take a conditional love approach, up front, and learn to be rational about this, even if it hurts feelings, but saves the natural soul. We are no longer in the infancy of civilization. There is no need to repeat the mistakes of the distant past. This is not new.

You consider Mary, God?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It is however notable that the Mother Mary's role in Christianity is one that is explicitly subservient to both the Father and the Son - in fact she is not even considered a divine aspect in her own right. Christianity, in this aspect, is mythologically and metaphysically centered around maledom and patriarchy.
It's because she's not God. She's a human being. A very holy woman, but still human.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I have spoken to priests about this many times in the confession booth. There is a priest at the Cathedral of Saint Paul who won't even absolve me for my sins and tells me to leave the confession booth.

What are priests going to say to help. God is a sadist and a bigot in the Bible and the Bible is the whole basis for the Catholic Liturgy and the Catechism speaks of eternal torture for those who die in mortal sin.

Enough said!
Like I said in the other thread, it's obvious why they're not absolving you. They're probably not happy you're taking Communion in such a blatantly unrepentant and apostate spiritual state, too. Now, you can believe and do what you please, but according to the Church, you're committing mortal sin.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Can you give some example, what do you get?

Please show the scripture where is that said?

Perhaps it doesn’t matter much, but I think it is good to notice, if the person was already married, the rapist would have deserved death penalty. So, the only case where this law could have been applied would have been, if a virgin rapes a virgin. I would assume that would be quite rare in that society.

Do the female deities say anything at all? By what I know, they are only pretty images without anything wise to say or do. And that is why I think they are irrelevant.

In this case I think it is good to notice, pharaohs heart hardened every time things went well. When pharaoh saw things are again well, he thought he doesn’t really have to let the slaves go. And when things were difficult, his heart was softened and he thought that he lets the Jews go. I think it would not have been good to keep the plagues going eternally just to keep pharaohs heart soft.

When nation doesn’t keep its rules, the nation will destroy itself. Those who didn’t obey the rules, didn’t really care what happens to the nation. I think America is nowadays a good example of what happens when law is not kept.

I don’t think there is any good argument for that. Jesus didn’t do that.

Jeremiah 44

16 “As for the word that you have spoken to us in the name of the Lord, lwe will not listen to you. mBut we will do everything that we have vowed, make offerings to nthe queen of heaven oand pour out drink offerings to her, pas we did, both we and our fathers, our kings and our officials, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For then we had plenty of food, and prospered, and saw no disaster. nthe queen of heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have lacked everything qand have been consumed by the sword and by famine.”

When I pray to female entities lots of coincidences and signs take place, my anger goes away, I feel peace, I want to do good deeds, I don't blaspheme as much, I feel healing mentally, emotionally, and Spiritually, and I have no hatred for female entities.

When I pray to Yahweh I feel bitter, arid, no signs really, no coincidences, and I shout blasphemies because he isn't being faithful to his word and very frusterating.

I usually conclude my prayers to female entities with an "In Jesus name" and praise and thanks to God for the "Capitol Hill Queens" , the "Hail Mary" prayer that consoles me a lot, and ask for the grace to love God.

For now, if I didn't pray to female entities I would give up praying altogether, because prayer is so boring, bitter, arid, and miserable praying to the Father and sometimes Jesus. I do keep two pictures of Jesus on my wall however and burn incense to him.

There is an entity that is male whom I get more grace praying to than many of the female entities , but I've agreed not to talk about him at this forum because it offends too many people.

He certainly was a lot nicer than God is in the Bible though.

And Jesus said "Love your enemies" and "Love" sums up the entire law and the Prophets. That stands in sharp, intense, and ridiculously blatant obvious contradiction to what the Old Testament teaches.

Not to mention, God is in Scripture an obvious mass-murdering bigot who is full of hate and the epitome of unjust , because he says that people will be condemned to a lake of fire and tortured forever just for not believing in him.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It seems to me, that you have proven that the Divine Father is GOOD. And en passant it would also prove that God did not actively "do" the violent "acts" as pictured in Scriptures like the Bible and the Koran. So, I guess it must have been the imagination/minds of the writers of those Scriptures
I hope so....I just don't know.

It could be the Divine Father is at war with the Divine Mother or like they have gotten a divorce equivalent.

It could be that they are married, they just argue and fight on many issues and I'm not going to side with the Father.

But I must condemn the evil that Yahweh is said to have done in Scripture.

Jeremiah 44

16 “As for the word that you have spoken to us in the name of the Lord, lwe will not listen to you. mBut we will do everything that we have vowed, make offerings to nthe queen of heaven oand pour out drink offerings to her, pas we did, both we and our fathers, our kings and our officials, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For then we had plenty of food, and prospered, and saw no disaster. nthe queen of heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have lacked everything qand have been consumed by the sword and by famine.”

Thanks, I don't think that is the same as what you said.

When I pray to female entities lots of coincidences and signs take place, my anger goes away, I feel peace, I want to do good deeds, I don't blaspheme as much, I feel healing mentally, emotionally, and Spiritually, and I have no hatred for female entities.

When I pray to Yahweh I feel bitter, arid, no signs really, no coincidences, and I shout blasphemies because he isn't being faithful to his word and very frusterating.

Why are you angry? Why have you hatred for female entities? Why do you think God is not faithful?

...And Jesus said "Love your enemies" and "Love" sums up the entire law and the Prophets. That stands in sharp, intense, and ridiculously blatant obvious contradiction to what the Old Testament teaches.

I disagree with that. Love doesn't mean everything is accepted. It means one cares and the Old Testament is teaches what it means to care others, for example don't steal, don't murder...

...Not to mention, God is in Scripture an obvious mass-murdering bigot who is full of hate and the epitome of unjust , because he says that people will be condemned to a lake of fire and tortured forever just for not believing in him.

The reason for judgment is that people are evil and unrighteous. And I don't see any reason to think God is unjust.

This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn't come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God."
John 3:19-21

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I hope so....I just don't know.

It could be the Divine Father is at war with the Divine Mother or like they have gotten a divorce equivalent.

It could be that they are married, they just argue and fight on many issues and I'm not going to side with the Father.

But I must condemn the evil that Yahweh is said to have done in Scripture.
That could all be true, and if something is Adharmic its useful to 'condemn' it

BUT

The more obvious reason to me is, that the "human" writers, who were living in barbaric times, full of all kind of fear (for their lives probably) easily could superimpose their fears on what was really said by Jesus and others. Hence I easily understand why those stories became so cruel; just their own fears and projections.

And it is not like today, that they had smartphones with recording opportunities at hand, so they had to rely on their memory.

Do you remember all the messages you wrote on RF? Even of a few days ago? I don't think so, unless you are a savant. Could you flawlessly reproduce any of your threads on RF of even a few days ago? IF you can't, why you think these people could?

But of course you are free to believe in a cruel Father. I am scientific minded, I don't believe easily what others say, I only believe IF I am 100% sure, by personal experience. Otherwise I would only create lots of fear/anxiety/anger in my mind, that probably is not even true, and it won't make me happy.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

Why are you angry? Why have you hatred for female entities? Why do you think God is not faithful?

I disagree with that. Love doesn't mean everything is accepted. It means one cares and the Old Testament is teaches what it means to care others, for example don't steal, don't murder...

The reason for judgment is that people are evil and unrighteous. And I don't see any reason to think God is unjust.

This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn't come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God."
I never said I had hatred for female entities. I said I have no hatred for female entities. I do struggle with hatred for Yahweh who is depicted as a Father, a male.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

THat Bible verse I gave you had some of it cut out. they said that when they stopped burning incense to the Queen of Heaven they lacked everything and were consumed by the sword. Just google Jeremiah 44

PruePhillip

Good reason not to follow the shallow fashions of the ancient men who wrote the Bible in my opinion.

A.c.t.u.a.l.l.y there wasn't much 'fashion' in the bible.
Witness the despair of Moses with his own followers who did their own thing.
And Joshua suggesting he didn't believe in the Jews following God.
And David as the rejected King
And Jeremiah 'moaning' for the disobedience of his people
And even Job's friends and family not accepting him clinging to his God
And Elijah helping just TWO people during the famine in Israel - a Lebanese and a Syrian
And there's a whole nation following Jesus only for this miracles and his feeding, but rejecting
Him as their Messiah.
And even Jesus' own brothers and sisters not accepting him.
And John the Baptist - spoken of as not being a reed to bend to every whim of fashionable beliefs.

And the clever thing about the bible is that it was carried down through the generations by
people who essentially rejected its tenants, and a people condemned by the bible in nearly
every chapter.

danieldemol

Premium Member
And the clever thing about the bible is that it was carried down through the generations by
people who essentially rejected its tenants
I disagree, the Jews did not reject the principles of the Bible, I think you are just picking on selected groups of Israelites who rejected the biblical "Prophets" whilst ignoring the general trend of the victors towards Judaism.
In my opinion.

PruePhillip

I disagree, the Jews did not reject the principles of the Bible, I think you are just picking on selected groups of Israelites who rejected the biblical "Prophets" whilst ignoring the general trend of the victors towards Judaism.
In my opinion.

Then why is the bible so CONDEMNING of the Jewish people?
Moses said none of the Exodus people will enter the Promised Land, and that
the Jews won't keep their Promised Land.
Why were the Jews given into the hand of their enemies, or sent into captivity,
the second time for nearly 2,000 years - with terrible persecutions?

danieldemol

Premium Member
Then why is the bible so CONDEMNING of the Jewish people?
Moses said none of the Exodus people will enter the Promised Land, and that
the Jews won't keep their Promised Land.
Why were the Jews given into the hand of their enemies, or sent into captivity,
the second time for nearly 2,000 years - with terrible persecutions?
They were defeated by pagans that were superior in the military department, that is all in my opinion.