• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"QAnon" "shaman" sentenced to 41 months

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
But that is not entirely true. You need to know how to differentiate between riots and protests and your claim appeared to implicate the BLM protesters when it appears from your source that about half were due to right wing activists.
The cause of the " unrest" were the BLM protests. They provided opportunity for both extremes to get in their licks.
BTW does anyone else think it's amusing that both far right and far left claim to be against fascism?

Heyo

Veteran Member
I just posted a link that says 25 people died in BLM riots. You could find it too if you did a 1 second search.
Have you read the article you linked to?

"At least 11 Americans have been killed while participating in political demonstrations this year and another 14 have died in other incidents linked to political unrest"

"ACLED found that the overwhelming majority of the more than 9.000 Black Lives Matter demonstrations that took place across the US after the killing of George Floyd have been peaceful. News reports at the height of demonstrations over Floyd’s killing cited dozens of deaths in connection with protests, but many of those turned out to be examples of deadly crimes carried out in the vicinity of protests, rather than directly related to the demonstrations themselves,"

"Lee Keltner, a navy veteran who made custom western hats, was shot after a “patriot rally”"

"Aaron “Jay” Danielson, a far-right Trump supporter, was shot after a rally in Portland in August."

So, not all 25 were killed in BLM protests but in all protests, rallies and other political demonstrations.

Also:
"Other demonstrators died when cars drove through or rammed into crowds of Black Lives Matter protesters. Summer Taylor, a Black Lives Matter protester who worked in a veterinary clinic, was killed in such an incident in Seattle. So was Robert Forbes, a black protester from Bakersfield whose sister recalled him demonstrating decades earlier over the brutal police beating of Rodney King. In St Louis, Barry Perkins, a father of two, was killed after being dragged and run over by a FedEx truck during a protest in May."

Some of the people killed during BLM protests have simply been killed for peacefully protesting.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The cause of the " unrest" were the BLM protests. They provided opportunity for both extremes to get in their licks.
BTW does anyone else think it's amusing that both far right and far left claim to be against fascism?
Really? You are trying to blame people that were protesting peacefully for the crimes committed against them? I guess you will take full blame if your house is ever robbed.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Where are you getting 9000? I was talking only in the USA.

From your article:

"ACLED found that the overwhelming majority of the more than 9.000 Black Lives Matter demonstrations that took place across the US after the killing of George Floyd have been peaceful."

I thought those protests were for the 11 unarmed black people killed by police in a year. Let's see, so 25 killed vs 11... the math isn't adding up here.

Not sure where you got 11, but the main idea is that there is a clear inequality between police violence in black communities vs white communities:
Risk of being killed by police use of force in the United States by age, race–ethnicity, and sex

ecco

Veteran Member
I just posted a link that says 25 people died in BLM riots. You could find it too if you did a 1 second search.
See, there ya go again. Expecting me to find links to support your argument.

Also, you "just posted" the link?! It should have been posted when you made your assertion, not days later after being prodded by others.

But, OK. Let's look at your article. First off, it's on the Guardian website - not a very reliable source. Like you, they have problems with their sources...
At least 11 Americans have been killed while participating in political demonstrations this year and another 14 have died in other incidents linked to political unrest, according to new data from a non-profit monitoring political unrest in the United States.
What "non-profit monitoring political unrest in the United States"? Why don't they say?

You are relying on data from a rag that they repeated from an unknown source. Do you even bother to try to make a coherent argument? Ever?

Let's look some more. The headline from your year-old story, which you copied, screams 25 Americans Killed. Your intent was to show that BLM demonstrations were violent.
What does the article actually say?
At least 11 Americans have been killed while participating in political demonstrations this year and another 14 have died in other incidents linked to political unrest.
Eleven killed by whom? Conservatives like Rittenhouse who attended protests with the intention of killing people?

How did the other fourteen die? The article is silent.

You, very belatedly, quote from a source that doesn't disclose where they get their information. You scream the headlines while ignoring the content. If you had actually read the article you would know all these things.

Once again, you show why your credibility is non-existent.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I hear five people died in the coup attempt.
I suppose no private property was harmed, so I guess that makes it peaceful and bloodless in the eyes of a lot of capitalists. After all, in a capitalist system, human lives aren't worth protecting to the same degree as private property is.
Well, there was apparently poop smeared all about the building and someone carved "Murder the Media" in a doorway.
Not bad enough, I guess?
Jan. 6 under the Capitol Dome: The darkest entry yet in Clio's tablet

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I only recall one person killed. And Horns didn't hurt anyone.
Lots of people were hurt and died in the BLM riots. I don't see the perpetrators going to prison.
You haven't been paying attention then.

America's protest crackdown: five months after George Floyd, hundreds face trials and prison
Over 300 People Facing Federal Charges For Crimes Committed During Nationwide Demonstrations
Records rebut claims of unequal treatment of Jan. 6 rioters

Nice attempt at Whataboutism though. ;) You can drop that inaccurate talking point now.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
You should read your own link that you provided. ;)
Exclusive: $1 billion-plus riot damage is most expensive in insurance history

"The protests that took place in 140 U.S. cities this spring were mostly peaceful, but the arson, vandalism and looting that did occur will result in at least $1 billion to $2 billion of paid insurance claims — eclipsing the record set in Los Angeles in 1992 after the acquittal of the police officers who brutalized Rodney King."

Funny how none of the articles ever explain how peaceful protest can result in billions in damage

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
You should read your own link that you provided. ;)
Oh and I was way low on the police injuries.

"More than 2,000 law enforcement officers were injured in the first weeks of protests over the summer following the police killing of George Floyd, according to a report released in October."

"In total, more than 624 arsons were reported and 97 police vehicles were burned, the report states. Video of some of the protests posted to social media showed officers pelted with bricks, water bottles, fireworks and other objects, including Molotov cocktails."

Police chief association releases number of officers injured nationwide during violent protests

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Oh and I was way low on the police injuries.

"More than 2,000 law enforcement officers were injured in the first weeks of protests over the summer following the police killing of George Floyd, according to a report released in October."

"In total, more than 624 arsons were reported and 97 police vehicles were burned, the report states. Video of some of the protests posted to social media showed officers pelted with bricks, water bottles, fireworks and other objects, including Molotov cocktails."

Police chief association releases number of officers injured nationwide during violent protests
What exactly is your point?

Can we both agree that attacking police officers is a bad thing, whether it be during a protest or the storming of the US Capitol?

ecco

Veteran Member
The above is presented to you by that most reliable of sources- Fox Nwes.

• Louis Casiano, Fox News
    • Dec 2, 2020 Updated Dec 2, 2020
However, even they had to admit:
More than half of demonstrations were peaceful and lawful while other periods of unrest stretched law enforcement at times, the MCCA said.​

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
The above is presented to you by that most reliable of sources- Fox Nwes.

• Louis Casiano, Fox News
    • Dec 2, 2020 Updated Dec 2, 2020
However, even they had to admit:
More than half of demonstrations were peaceful and lawful while other periods of unrest stretched law enforcement at times, the MCCA said.​
50 perfect isn't very good odds and a far cry from " most "