• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"QAnon" "shaman" sentenced to 41 months

Altfish

Veteran Member
I guess the capital police were not trained to deal with his mental disorder.
Was he arrested on the day? Was he manhandled on the day?

Trouble is when 10,000 with a mental disorder attack, how do you identify the sufferers.

Altfish

Veteran Member
That's the point isn't it. He wasn't dealt with on the day.

That's what the training is for I assume.
Have you seen the videos of the attack?
What were the police supposed to do when being crushed by the attackers, say, "Excuse me sir, can I see your health records"?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What were the police supposed to do when being crushed by the attackers, say, "Excuse me sir, can I see your health records"?

Considering todays political climate, I certainly hope they can come up with a better protocol than that.

Or should we just wait for this to happen again?:shrug:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Especially when all their tear gas and nightsticks were already being used on BLM protesters outside.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Seems excessive. Did he even break anything?
Lots of rioters got no time at all.
I hear five people died in the coup attempt.
I suppose no private property was harmed, so I guess that makes it peaceful and bloodless in the eyes of a lot of capitalists. After all, in a capitalist system, human lives aren't worth protecting to the same degree as private property is.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I hear five people died in the coup attempt.
I suppose no private property was harmed, so I guess that makes it peaceful and bloodless in the eyes of a lot of capitalists. After all, in a capitalist system, human lives aren't worth protecting to the same degree as private property is.
I only recall one person killed. And Horns didn't hurt anyone.
Lots of people were hurt and died in the BLM riots. I don't see the perpetrators going to prison.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Like I said earlier, this seems about right. As the prosecution put it...

"The government cannot overstate the seriousness of the defendant's conduct as one of the most prominent figures of the historic riot on the Capitol on January 6, 2021," prosecutors said in their filing. "The defendant was among the first 30 rioters to penetrate the U.S. Capitol building. The defendant then stalked the hallowed halls of the building, riling up other members of the mob with his screaming obscenities about our nation's lawmakers, and flouting the 'opportunity' to rid our government of those he has long considered to be traitors."

The judge agreed...

"What you did here was horrific," Judge Royce Lamberth said during the sentencing hearing. "It is the type of conduct that is so serious that I cannot justify downward departure [from sentencing recommendations]."​

'QAnon Shaman' sentenced to more than 3 years in prison for role in Jan. 6 attack - ABC News (go.com)

And this has to send a chill to those still awaiting trial who assaulted police, vandalized the Capitol, showed up with weapons, and/or pre-planned the event. They're looking at at least a decade or more in the federal pen.

Good.