• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Python fans

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
The time has come for me to proclaim that not only myself and my husband are fans of Monty Python, but our children are now quoting from the esteemed Python films. Huzzah! :clap2:

What's your favorite skit from Flying Circus?

What's your favorite Python movie?

And how about a trivia question...........who is Arthur Frampton? :D

An easier trivia question - probably one of the easiest - finish the line to this song:
I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK.........

Peace,
Mystic

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
My wife doesn't really like MP all that much, but I can't wait to 'warp' my youngest daughter... I discovered MP when I was a kid visiting my grandmother. The Dallas PBS station was the first in the US to import it, and from her house I could get only a fuzzy antenna image, but I was never the same.

Aqualung

Tasty
I love that whole Oxbridge comedy scene, and Monty Python is a pillar of comedy in that tradition. I have a couple seasons of Flying Circus. I really like the Ministry of Silly Walks. Confuse-A-Cat (I think it's called) is really good too. The Meaning of Life is my favourite movie.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I love Monty Python, which is strange considering my faith :D. MP's Flying Circus is a riot. One skit that comes to mind is John Cleese and Graham Chapman dressed as old ladies talking about a penguin on the top of the television. Chapman said at one point when angry "Ooooh, intercourse the penguin!" Their movies are funny, too.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
The Spanish Inquisition

What's your favorite Python movie?

Holy Grail

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
Monty Python's Life of Brian was the best.

Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, you don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for yourselves! You're ALL individuals!
The Crowd (in unison): Yes! We're all individuals!
Brian: You're all different!
The Crowd (in unison): Yes, we ARE all different!
Man in Crowd: I'm not...
The Crowd: Shhh!

Booko

Deviled Hen
Monty Python's Life of Brian was the best.

Possibly, but my husband once used Holy Grail's "How do you know she's a witch?" sketch to teach logic to a college class.

For that reason, Holy Grail squeaks out on top for me.

Although as an illustration of the silliness of sectarianism, Life of Brian is mighty instructive!

Follow the gourd!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
The Spanish Inquisition

Ohhhhh, that's a good one.

Here's another bit of trivia from Flying Circus: Mr. Larch stands accused of a parking violation. Those that came to testify in his case were a very talkative Mrs. Fiona Lewis, the late Arthur Aldridge, and what historical figure?

What language was the "world's funniest joke" told in?

How many sheds does Arthur '2 sheds' Jackson own?

Peace,
Mystic

A

angellous_evangellous

The time has come for me to proclaim that not only myself and my husband are fans of Monty Python, but our children are now quoting from the esteemed Python films. Huzzah! :clap2:

Congrats! This is an important time in the life of every parent.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Ohhhhh, that's a good one.

Here's another bit of trivia from Flying Circus: Mr. Larch stands accused of a parking violation. Those that came to testify in his case were a very talkative Mrs. Fiona Lewis, the late Arthur Aldridge, and what historical figure?

L'Eminence Gris, naturalment! (i.e. Cardinal Richelieu)

What was the inspector's name?

What language was the "world's funniest joke" told in?

German.

What was the German's feeble attempt at retaliation?

How many sheds does Arthur '2 sheds' Jackson own?

One.