• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Purpose of life?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Can anyone give me breifly, in one or two sentences, what is the purpose of life? Why did God put us on this earth?

Purpose is not an intrinsic property of things. It is something created by us and -- often -- projected onto things.

DavyCrocket2003

What is the purpose of life? I think that to answer this question, we have to better understand who and what we are. I believe that we are literal sons and daughters of God. For me, my purpose in life is to become as much like him as I can. I know that he's the epitome of awesome. And I want to be just like him. Maybe not in power, etc. But in attributes. I want to be loving, patient, virtuous, wise, intelligent, honest, etc... The more I get to know him, the more I want to become like him. I believe that this is what he wants, for us to come to know him and to become like him. That is my purpose in life. To make my father proud, to "honour" him. I love, admire, respect and am simply awed by him. His friendship is worth more than all that the world has to offer. That's why I seek him and to be like him.

logician

What some are afraid of is that in the search for purpose, there ultimately may be none besides eat, drink, and be merry.