• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Purpose of life?

maxpower

Can anyone give me breifly, in one or two sentences, what is the purpose of life? Why did God put us on this earth?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I believe the purpose of life is to live and try and make this world better than when you entered it. (Sounds corny, but...)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Maxpower (a big welcome to the RF, glad to have you), I think each individual has a different purpose in life. Some may be big while others seemingly small. I suppose it is up to each of us to find out what our purpose it and I think it may be much easier than you think and may be something you don't realize. It may be nothing more than raising and taking care of your family.

maxpower

Maxpower (a big welcome to the RF, glad to have you), I think each individual has a different purpose in life. Some may be big while others seemingly small. I suppose it is up to each of us to find out what our purpose it and I think it may be much easier than you think and may be something you don't realize. It may be nothing more than raising and taking care of your family.

Thank you for the welcome and for your response. I certainly agree with you on the micro level, we do each need to find our purpose and fulfill it the best we can. But before answering the question, what am I doing in this life, or what is the purpose of my life, I am asking more broadly what is the purpose of this life on earth? Why did God put us here?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
As simple as it sounds, to learn the purpose of life, Why did God put us here?
And you think you can find the answer to this question simply by posting in on a message board? I am amused by your optimism.

Anyway, my reply.

The meaning of your life is something that you must apply to your life. You can’t ask someone else to apply that meaning for you, not even “God”.

maxpower

fantôme profane;1587940 said:
And you think you can find the answer to this question simply by posting in on a message board? I am amused by your optimism.

Anyway, my reply.

The meaning of your life is something that you must apply to your life. You can’t ask someone else to apply that meaning for you, not even “God”.

Okay, as I mentioned shortly before, not the meaning of MY life, but of life in general, why did God put us all on this earth?

maxpower

fantôme profane;1587944 said:
Personally, I am not convinced he did.

From post #8

"Thank you for the welcome and for your response. I certainly agree with you on the micro level, we do each need to find our purpose and fulfill it the best we can. But before answering the question, what am I doing in this life, or what is the purpose of my life, I am asking more broadly what is the purpose of this life on earth? Why did God put us here?"

your aproaching the problem from the wrong angle,
you assume since something omnipotent put you here he must have had a reason
you forget that the first part hasn't been proven
thus you end up with what did create us,
sience tells us its evolution
so if your a decencend of apes you should ask them why the felt it was neccacery to evolve furter
though they prob say: uhg uuuaah
but sientist think its so we were better equiped to survive
so the reason you exist is because your liniage were survivors

maxpower

your aproaching the problem from the wrong angle,
you assume since something omnipotent put you here he must have had a reason
you forget that the first part hasn't been proven
thus you end up with what did create us,
sience tells us its evolution
so if your a decencend of apes you should ask them why the felt it was neccacery to evolve furter
though they prob say: uhg uuuaah
but sientist think its so we were better equiped to survive
so the reason you exist is because your liniage were survivors

Okay, one more clarifying statement: assuming it was God that put us here, why did he put us here?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
From post #8

"Thank you for the welcome and for your response. I certainly agree with you on the micro level, we do each need to find our purpose and fulfill it the best we can. But before answering the question, what am I doing in this life, or what is the purpose of my life, I am asking more broadly what is the purpose of this life on earth? Why did God put us here?"
The reason I answered your question the way I did is that I don’t believe that there is a “meaning to life in general”. The only meaning you can hope to find is the meaning that you choose to apply. You are searching for something for which there is no reason to think exists. That’s my take on it anyways, good luck to you. I hope someone here gives you an answer you want to hear.

gzusfrk

Christian
It reads like a typical God day out creating stuff,you know this and that, before you know it BAM here we are.Maybe the purpose of or meaning of life is for you to find purpose or meaning in your life.

maxpower

fantôme profane;1587953 said:
The reason I answered your question the way I did is that I don’t believe that there is a “meaning to life in general”. The only meaning you can hope to find is the meaning that you choose to apply. You are searching for something for which there is no reason to think exists. That’s my take on it anyways, good luck to you. I hope someone here gives you an answer you want to hear.

Another clarification that i hope will get us on the track I had hoped to be on: Assuming God put us here, assuming God is all knowing, and all powerful: why did an all knowing all powerful God choose to put us on this earth and make us go through this life?

why would a god do something,
if he knew what would happen
what every fiber of existance does or will do

so that leaves 2 theory's

1 he doesn't know what will happen so he's just trying out his powers
2 there is something eqeul in power as him and we are somehow able to tip the scale's