• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pulling over before cop sirens turn on

serp777

So I was wondering, if you see a cop behind you and you think that their sirens are about to turn on, can you pull over before this happens and park to avoid having to deal with the police?

Is it possible for a cop to still give you a traffic ticket even though you're already parked and out of the car?

Flame

Beware
I had that issue when I first moved to the South Dakota. A hypo (Highway Patrol) followed me four miles into a nearby town, where I pulled off into a cafe parking lot. He pulled up next to me and I received a ticket for going fifteen over the speed limit.

Last edited:

leibowde84

Veteran Member
So I was wondering, if you see a cop behind you and you think that their sirens are about to turn on, can you pull over before this happens and park to avoid having to deal with the police?

Is it possible for a cop to still give you a traffic ticket even though you're already parked and out of the car?
Yes. They can still give you a ticket if they witnessed you breaking the law.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I remember once I drove through a 40 zone (kilometers not miles) and this cop in front of me literally beckoned me over with his finger like a teacher calling over a misbehaving student. Turns out he was the police officer representative at my old high school and still salty about a few of my shenanigans. After a long lecture he oddly didn't give me a ticket, though I half expected him to give me lines.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I'm not so sure I believe that anymore.

Well i can only say what I say through my own experience with the police, I have always cooperated with them and had never any problems. I have schizophrenia and every now and then I go through psychosis where the police come and make sure I wont hurt the paramedics, I have up to seven police come to my house and again have never had any problems.

My friend and I once was carrying a pistol, the police found us and arrested us, my friend put on a big act and the police were pissed of with him, I myself showed remorse, in court my friend and to pay one thousand dollars, but because I showed remorse I only had to pay two hundred and fifty dollars, not bad hey ?.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Well i can only say what I say through my own experience with the police, I have always cooperated with them and had never any problems. I have schizophrenia and every now and then I go through psychosis where the police come and make sure I wont hurt the paramedics, I have up to seven police come to my house and again have never had any problems.

My friend and I once was carrying a pistol, the police found us and arrested us, my friend put on a big act and the police were pissed of with him, I myself showed remorse, in court my friend and to pay one thousand dollars, but because I showed remorse I only had to pay two hundred and fifty dollars, not bad hey ?.

I'm glad you have had good experiences. Keep it that way. :)

Nous

Premium Member
I meant it in the Homeland Security - Patriot Act, etc., sense, and the erosion of rights.

Police are now hooked in with the military, and what is happening is scary.

Your comment in #9 is an odd way to express what you express here.

Give some examples of things that are "happening" that are scary to you.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Your comment in #9 is an odd way to express what you express here.

Give some examples of things that are "happening" that are scary to you.

I already did.

Police now have military like powers.

People whom have no weapons are being killed.

People whom have done absolutely nothing wrong, - are in fear of being pulled over by the police, and being killed.

People arrested for filming police actions.

Error in gung-ho military style police actions. I know a couple whose home was wrongly attacked by police. They broke down the door, in the middle of the night, dressed in solid black, and surrounded them with assault weapons. They forced them out of bed NAKED, and would not allow them to cover themselves. They said the police kept threatening with the assault weapons, and screaming that he was someone else. They were terrorized by the police.

I don't know if you are watching any of the police TV shows lately - but they are showing up in this military attack mode for weed charges, and even unpaid child support.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Pulling over for no apparent reason and getting out of the car might appear suspicious and invite further investigation. If the police want you to pull over they'll put their flashers on.

I pulled over once without being signaled, with a sheriff's deputy behind me, and spent the next three days in jail.